IGNORED

Dan Dillard

Raecheal

Does anyone know where Dan lives, works and/or goes to college?

Cathy's husband appears to want nothing to do with the dog and pony show! On the other hand, shots of him in the episodes show him as kind of a blob; not very good looking, dressed plainly, no personality. I apologize to him if its just how the camera films him!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know where Dan lives, works and/or goes to college?

Cathy's husband appears to want nothing to do with the dog and pony show! On the other hand, shots of him in the episodes show him as kind of a blob; not very good looking, dressed plainly, no personality. I apologize to him if its just how the camera films him!

Based on my stalking of Dan he lives in the Harrison area of Arkansas. He Instagrams things from Harrison a lot. He's around 2 hours from Derrick in Rogers. He went to Arkansas Tech and works for the Boy Scouts.

Based on my stalking of Dan he lives in the Harrison area of Arkansas. He Instagrams things from Harrison a lot. He's around 2 hours from Derrick in Rogers. He went to Arkansas Tech and works for the Boy Scouts.

He seems to be a rather peaceful chap; with a quiet life who loves his Nephew. I doubt he buys into the Duggar / Quiverfull BS.

Love Dan and Cathy! They've said "no thanks" to the Kool-Aid. The wary look in their eyes is pretty evident to me. I thought it was awesome that Cathy was wearing pants at Derick's birthday party.

The fact that Dan just recently got baptized could mean many things, not many of which I would connect to JimBoob. One idea based on what I've seen many times: Maybe he called himself a xtian growing up but then had a "real experience" and wanted to make it public. Lots of good young soldiers in the ranks profess but then come out and say, "it wasn't real, I'm saved now for sure though!" I've sort of experienced that- I struggled with "feeling saved" and not knowing for sure from ages 8-17. I was raised Fundie but never got baptized as a teenager when it was expected of me. I was just always uncomfortable with it...I actually dreaded the thought of it all of my growing up years. Same with putting on a headcovering. I managed to get out before I got sucked in to it completely- in my culture, if you were baptized you had to join the church also as part of the ceremony proceedings, and that gave them a lot of control over your life. ( None of that was EVER me, I realize that now. I'm a very happy pagan now, thank you very much!)

Now, I'm not saying that Dan had/is definitely having a spiritual crisis- just that that's what comes to my mind when I see adults that were raise in some similar version of xtianity as me being baptized as adults. Perhaps it was something totally different- as another poster said, we don't know how involved his parents were in church when Derick and Dan were growing up. People have all kinds of reason's for doing what they do. I would say its a personal journey of Dan's and I repeat, most likely not connected to JimBoob.

But Dan an Jana do look cute side-huggin' in a picture I saw once! :lol:

But Dan an Jana do look cute side-huggin' in a picture I saw once! :lol:

Where ? I'd love to see thaty pic ;)

I like to think that Cathy's husband is less than impressed with the Duggars. From what I've seen of him, he strikes me as no leghumper and I loved how he seemed to stand up for Cathy at the wedding.

So Cathy has her hubs on her side, hopefully Cathy can keep herself and Dan from being infected by the kool aid fog that has enveloped Derick.

Cathy is our last great hope.

I think so, too. Remember the episode when Derick proposed to Jill? Derick was at his mom's place and they talked about the proposal. In the background you could see Cathy's husband reading the newspaper as nothing special was going on - totally unimpressed by the cameras. I loved that :lol:

Do you think Dan Dillard is worming his way into the Duggar camp in the hope of courting Jana or Jinger? He doesn't really seem like the type that would drink the Kool-aid but a guy will do crazy things to get a girl. I really don't think he is Jana or Jinger's type, but it's just so hard to tell. He obviously enjoys spending time w/ Derrick and he seems to have established a good relationship w/ Jill, however could he have courting on his brain? Thoughts?

Do you think Dan Dillard is worming his way into the Duggar camp in the hope of courting Jana or Jinger? He doesn't really seem like the type that would drink the Kool-aid but a guy will do crazy things to get a girl. I really don't think he is Jana or Jinger's type, but it's just so hard to tell. He obviously enjoys spending time w/ Derrick and he seems to have established a good relationship w/ Jill, however could he have courting on his brain? Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure he's been dating someone, unless they've broken up very recently? From what I recall, she's a jeans wearing, piercing having girl. :-)

I most sincerely hope that Dan marries someone completely different, someone not in these Duggar/fundie circles.

My Mum (Evangelical) is the official Godmum of Catholic child. Only thing required was that at least one of the two has to be Catholic.

But the pastor in that Church also openly criticised the (old) Pope and stuff like that. So not sure if that was something special or if it is common.

That's pretty common, as far as I can tell. When I was young and trying to keep the peace in the family, I had my eldest baptized to make my grandma and grandpa happy. (They're my godparents.) Only 1 of the godparents needed to be confirmed Catholic. I chose my BFF (Methodist) and a friend from work (confirmed Catholic).

Dan has a girlfriend, last we saw. Why does everyone think he's so set on getting into the Duggar clan to Marry Jana or Jinger? That would be weird.

Dan has a girlfriend, last we saw. Why does everyone think he's so set on getting into the Duggar clan to Marry Jana or Jinger? That would be weird.

Didn't he broke up with her?

They broke up awhile ago. It's kind of creepy when spouse's siblings intertwine. One of my aunt's married my other aunt's husband's brother.....odd for their kids to share the exact family tree lol. Honestly, I want to see Jana get her own man by herself and something is telling me she's going to have the best looking husband out of the bunch, not her BIL's look alike.

Jinger will marry Lawson and move to Nashville(a snarker can dream) :dance:

If Dan has had normally relationships in the past, maybe even sex, why would he suddenly want a courtship where he cannot hold hands unless engaged and cannot be alone with the girl? He wouldn't be able to do any of the things he has done before when dating. Why would he want to go backwards in a relationship? I always got he idea Dan finds the Duggar circus a little odd. I also think he is likely to have been more worldly or experienced than his brother. I think the closer you get to the inner circle or the Duggars, the easier it is to see the crazy. It is obvious that Cathy and her husband see it, I have no doubt Dan does as well. This is a young man living on his own, two hours from his family. He is probably having the time of his life. Why would he want to marry into crazyville like his brother?

Where ? I'd love to see thaty pic ;)

I will try and upload it. It was on someone's Instagram. I don't TRULY think Dan will venture into Crazyland ( I just thought they were cute together. I too want him to stay far away from fundies and for Jana to escape them). He seems to smart and "wordly". I love that he is in Jill's family group. I have a mere sliver of hope that Jill and Derick will not always be so fundie :popcorn2: .

If Dan has had normally relationships in the past, maybe even sex, why would he suddenly want a courtship where he cannot hold hands unless engaged and cannot be alone with the girl? He wouldn't be able to do any of the things he has done before when dating. Why would he want to go backwards in a relationship? I always got he idea Dan finds the Duggar circus a little odd. I also think he is likely to have been more worldly or experienced than his brother. I think the closer you get to the inner circle or the Duggars, the easier it is to see the crazy. It is obvious that Cathy and her husband see it, I have no doubt Dan does as well. This is a young man living on his own, two hours from his family. He is probably having the time of his life. Why would he want to marry into crazyville like his brother?

Except for it did happen to Derick and he got sucked into the crazy. However, siblings can sometimes see red flags like this in their siblings spouse's background and stay far away.

He had a girlfriend when we were first introduced to Derick and family. I don't think we've seen him with a girl since.

Conversely, those reasons you listed is why I'd want him to court a Duggar girl. I feel like Dan is much more headstrong and independent than his brother and won't be as easily swayed into the Duggar dog and pony show. I could see him playing by the courtship rules until he gets married and then quietly leading his wife into a more mainstream life, Jim Bob be damned. Which is what I think a lot of people were hoping would happen with Derick and Jill. We'll see whether that still happens. But with Dan, I feel more confident in saying he WILL make that life happen for someone like Jana, who never seemed like she drank the kool-aid like Jill or Jessa.

That being said, although Jana, or even Jinger, would be my first choice(s) for Dan, I noticed a couple interesting (flirty?) interactions with Dan and Joy upon rewatching Jill's delivery episode. May mean nothing but I think it's worth leaving the screencaps here anyway... :whistle:

post-10637-14452000210399_thumb.jpg

post-10637-1445200021073_thumb.jpg

That's most definitely Joy even if you can't see her face clearly.

I think Dan is probably treating her more like a little sister since she's quite a bit younger than him. I doubt he looks at her in that way at all.

So the Duggarlings are allowed to high-five people of the opposite jender? My my, that could lead to hand-holding, and we all know that leads to fornication! :shifty:

The guy drove 3 hours for dinner at one of the best and most expensive restaurants in Branson for his birthday dinner. He instagrammed the meal and what he showed was right at $50. I don't think "Buy used, save the difference" shop Aldis is his kind of life. He's a single guy who is probably making a better than decent wage and he's enjoying it.

A friend of mine who was very promiscuous in her early years (would sleep with a different man or woman every time she went out partying) married a man who refused to have sex before marriage. They didn't even live together until they got married. They probably did everything but sex; but strange things can happen I guess.

It IS possible to claim what is referred to as "secondary virginity", though it can be difficult. Those who've done it talk of constantly battling thoughts of "oh I've done this before; what does it matter" with "I have enough memories of the past sexual experiences, don't want to add to it". I don't see any solid proof of what Dan and Chelsea may or may not have done together, but it does appear that Dan't after a fresh start in life. Likely he's evaluating his past choices along with the fundie lifestyle of the Duggars, and praying on where to go next. But, if he DOES eventually court Jana or Jinger or whatever, it won't be for awhile. My guess is, whenever he eventually gets married, we won't see the process until the wedding. If that. Probably he's still deciding how much of his life he wants on TV and my guess is that eventually it'll be as much as their step-dad. Who goes along with it just enough to not make himself, or anyone else, look bad, IMHO.

I am sure Dan is a nice guy since he doesn't seem as sleazy as Derick but I really do not want him with Jana. I love Jana and only watch the show for her and the little ones and I would hate to see her with creepy Derick's brother, she deserves better than that. :snooty:

It is hard to say what Jana's type is. Is she into more worldly guys, then Dan might be a good suitor. But I really doubt that he is what Jana has in mind. Dan appears to be a fundie-lite good time Charlie. I don't know if he drinks but I don't think he would boycott a party or an event because alcohol was being served. I think his social life runs the gamut of being pious enough to fit into the fundie crowd but at the same time being Worldly enough to have friends with a variety of beliefs and beliefs that are not necessarily a reflection of his own.

Archived