IGNORED

Dan Dillard

Raecheal

People are desperate to find someone closely related to the Duggars that will fall into their idea of "normal" and break the mold and rattle the cages. It seems like anytime an outsider is introduced into the mix people says things like "Oh they seem cool, I hope they... talk some sense into... rescue... get into an argument with... expose them to the real world... make them wear pants.... etc etc etc

Dan has been seen taking some pretty huge gulps of the kool aid - I'm not surprised by this reaction in the least.

I also think that the girls and victim are most likely of the mindset that what Josh did to them is forgiven and that this latest revelation is nothing but a persecution. Sad but true.

I don't think the Duggars would allow any cage rattlers to spend too much time with them. Dan and Cathy have both been featured on the show. If they weren't into the Duggars or the Duggars saw them as a threat, this would not be happening.

And I definitely agree that right now the Duggar girls are more upset at the shitstorm happening than anything else. I don't think they are blaming Josh at this point-- they are blaming the media exposing this dark secret. And any energy they have that is still focused on the molestation, just got redirected into their perceived Christian persecution.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes. I think the poster stating that if Cathy, Dan, or Derick had gone against the Duggar dogma in the past, they never would have been on the show is correct.

Also, someone else noticed that JB couldn't find any "fundie royalty" for his daughters to marry. Uh, I think he WANTS to lure in mainstream Christians. Gothard has ALWAYS wanted that from the get go with his "institute." The more normalized their cult appears to the masses, the better. What better way to do that than to have a television show where the family looks wholesome and attractive and peaceful? LOOKS can be deceiving.

Dan's FB comment is most likely a toned down version of the mindset the Dillards. They're digging in their heals. Honestly, the only way to shine the light on the depravity of the Duggars is for other Believers to NOT support them and call them out.

People are desperate to find someone closely related to the Duggars that will fall into their idea of "normal" and break the mold and rattle the cages. It seems like anytime an outsider is introduced into the mix people says things like "Oh they seem cool, I hope they... talk some sense into... rescue... get into an argument with... expose them to the real world... make them wear pants.... etc etc etc

Dan has been seen taking some pretty huge gulps of the kool aid - I'm not surprised by this reaction in the least.

I also think that the girls and victim are most likely of the mindset that what Josh did to them is forgiven and that this latest revelation is nothing but a persecution. Sad but true.

so it's the same mindset that would allow Jill to die for the cause to have lots of babies

except - will she have lots of babies ? the glow is gone

so they sit at home telling themselves it's all the worlds fault - essentially they are God because they are being persecuted.

I posted this on the "Josh Duggar Admits Molestation of 5 Juveniles - Part 6" thread. But if you guys want it, here are the actual screencaps:

Untitled.jpg

Untitled_2.jpg

Thought I may as well reproduce that post here.

Simply forgiven? Michelle Duggar herself had a qualifier for that:

“God can forgive any wrong choices a person is willing to confess and forsake, but there are still painful consequences to be endured.†A Love that Multiplies.

Painful consequences in this case can definitely include public outcry at both the original molestations and at the cover-up of the crimes.

Dan Dillard might find himself in another awkward position, vis a vis his job with the Boy Scouts. The president of the Boy Scouts has called for an end to the ban on gay adult Scout leaders. Danny Boy might want to start looking for another job.

Dan Dillard might find himself in another awkward position, vis a vis his job with the Boy Scouts. The president of the Boy Scouts has called for an end to the ban on gay adult Scout leaders. Danny Boy might want to start looking for another job.

Good. He's a grownup. He needs a big boy job now. Save scout leading to the dad's.

My faith in the Dillards diminished when Derick had clearly drank the Koolaid. Of course they'll defend the Duggars, like most of the fundie sheep have.

I do believe the Dillards and the Seewalds enjoy the attention they've received from being connected to the Duggars and their fame. They certainly don't want that to go away or to turn negative. Plus they know the scandal is going to drastically affect the income, lifestyle and reputation of Derick and Ben who married into it under COVENANT marriages that are iron tight. That, bottom line, is why we see Dan and the Seewald parents speaking out in support of Josh and the Duggars.

What do we know about Mr. Byrum? He keeps a low profile; I wonder if he disapproves of all of this. I'm not suggesting he would or wouldn't have any influence over Dillard or Duggar attitudes, I've just been curious about his lack of participation from the beginning.

What do we know about Mr. Byrum? He keeps a low profile; I wonder if he disapproves of all of this. I'm not suggesting he would or wouldn't have any influence over Dillard or Duggar attitudes, I've just been curious about his lack of participation from the beginning.

Great question.

I have wondered and wondered.

If he does disagree, keeping silent would likely be the only way to keep the peace between him and his stepson. I'd assume the only way to be allowed to interact with the Duggars and future grandchildren would be to at least keep quiet on contrary opinions.

If he does disagree, keeping silent would likely be the only way to keep the peace between him and his stepson. I'd assume the only way to be allowed to interact with the Duggars and future grandchildren would be to at least keep quiet on contrary opinions.

Yes, I have seen this exact dynamic with my own fundie relatives (Jehovah Witnesses, not Gothard). Within my extended family, there is a family where the mom and one of the adult children totally drink the kool aid, while the dad knows the whole JW thing is bullshit and wants nothing to do with it. He just tries to ignore it because it causes drama if he says anything negative about the JWs (well except for talking privately with those of us who sympathize with his anti-JW views ).

I would not be surprised if Mr. Byrum feels the same and just doesn't air his opinion publicly to avoid trouble.

As for Dan's comments, all I can say is that I would not want my own son to go to a boy scout camp where a guy making excuses for an admitted child molester works.

You want to believe that every murderer who says "sorry" to Jesus is forgiven? Great, but that doesn't mean that we should let every murderer who says sorry to Jesus out of prison - and it is shameful that the Duggar parents delayed allowing the justice system to investigate this situation to make sure Josh wouldn't face the consequences of what he did.

Good. He's a grownup. He needs a big boy job now. Save scout leading to the dad's.

He needs a big boy haircut too.

Me too. He looks SO unimpressed.

He looks like he'd rather be shot at of a cannon than be filmed. I wonder if he declined being included?

All I can find about him on Google is that if he's Ronnie O. Byrum, is he's 67 (9 years older than Cathy) and is from Oklahoma originally. His father, Ozzie, was a pastor (Baptist) and it seems like his mother was a homemaker.

He looks like he'd rather be shot at of a cannon than be filmed. I wonder if he declined being included?

Good call if so, Mr. Byrum.

Archived