IGNORED

Dan Dillard

Raecheal

...has slowly but surely been drinking the cool-aid. :doh: He's recently been baptized, spending a lot of time at the TTh- I wouldn't be surprise if he starts courting... JANA

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...has slowly but surely been drinking the cool-aid. :doh: He's recently been baptized, spending a lot of time at the TTC- I wouldn't be surprise if he starts courting... JANA

I hope he's not spending time TTC-

I also hope he is not spending time at the TTH-

Dan is at an impressionable age. He lost his father just a few years ago, his mom had cancer, his brother got married, and he is about to be an uncle for the first time - that is a lot of change in just a few years. I don't think its too surprising that he would turn to religion to find a bit of stability. A lot of people do and if you are raised with religion (as it seems the Dillard boys were) then you may turn to it because it's something familiar.

I don't necessarily think this means he is going to court a Duggar or that he is going Fundie. It's possible, but not a given at this time. Maybe he just wants to get to know his brother's in-laws a little better before Baby Dilly arrives or maybe he needed to be baptized to be the Godfather? Or maybe he saw that religion had brought a lot of peace or happiness to his brother and he wanted the same?

That's weird that Dan is getting baptized. He hadn't done that prior to now? Or is this a re-baptism?

What's up with this baptism thing with him?

That's weird that Dan is getting baptized. He hadn't done that prior to now? Or is this a re-baptism?

What's up with this baptism thing with him?

I thought both the Dillard's were baptized and Derrick just went down the more fundie road? Is re-baptism a real thing? I've never heard of it but I was also raised ebil catholic

I thought both the Dillard's were baptized and Derrick just went down the more fundie road? Is re-baptism a real thing? I've never heard of it but I was also raised ebil catholic

I was baptized in an SBC church when I was 11. I think this had a lot to do with all my friends in Sunday School going down front, as I think back I had no real clue what I was doing, I just knew that I was expected to go down front and so I did.

I was baptized again in high school during a revival. There were quite a few teens getting re-baptized, supposedly as we now had a better understanding of what we are doing and were more capable of making a commitment. Ofc it had nothing to do with mob mentality or following the crowd.

I would like to understand where Dan is with this baptism. It strikes me as odd and not a good sign, as it likely signals Dan sliding further into Duggarland.

This is interesting. Does anyone know if he still has his girlfriend?

I think they broke up.

Last Instagram pic together was December 2014 on her instagram- no valentines day photos but as of lately she's been posting a lot of trust god with your path pics.

Not all Christians get baptized as tweens or younger.

I was baptized in an SBC church when I was 11. I think this had a lot to do with all my friends in Sunday School going down front, as I think back I had no real clue what I was doing, I just knew that I was expected to go down front and so I did.

I was baptized again in high school during a revival. There were quite a few teens getting re-baptized, supposedly as we now had a better understanding of what we are doing and were more capable of making a commitment. Ofc it had nothing to do with mob mentality or following the crowd.

I would like to understand where Dan is with this baptism. It strikes me as odd and not a good sign, as it likely signals Dan sliding further into Duggarland.

Interesting, I've never heard of this.

I do agree with you that this is a sign that Dan is slipping further into Duggarville. *sigh :angry-banghead:

I don't think he is nesecarily a fundie for being baptized and spending time with a sibling. I think that we should wait for more signs before saying that someone is a fundie.

I don't think he is nesecarily a fundie for being baptized and spending time with a sibling. I think that we should wait for more signs before saying that someone is a fundie.

I agree. I mean, Amy was baptized by JB and she's still Amy.

VelociRapture,

Baptists don't really have official Godparents. Some may have Godparents unofficially though.

I think he broke up with his girlfriend... he made a few posts on his instagram about dining for one, etc. Maybe Derick and Jill had a strong impression on him, and he decided he wanted to be more committed to christ? I really dont think they were from a super conservative family. I wonder if Derick had kissed any girls before jill?

I am sure the whole new injection of Duggarness into his life is why he's baptizing.

I don't know if this is his first time or has been before, but I am not surprised. Many evangelical sect of Christianity have no issue with being baptized multiple times. I had a friend that "got saved" three times in the span of two years... Notice I said "had" - she got way to into her own Christian bubble and seemed to refuse to associate with anyone or anything that is not Christian. :roll:

Not knowing too much about Dan other than his 15 minutes on the show, what does he do for work? Would he be a good match for Jana-banana?

We have thing here called "confirmation", after that you are able to get the "Abendmahl" (sacrament) and if you are not had a baptism as a baby (what 90% or so do I guess, a couple of weeks after birth) you are the looser who has to do it then when you are teenager in front of a full church. Embarrassing. (Considering that you do this whole confirmation shit because of the money gifts. I got a hell lot of money for that, and yes I did it only because of that like everyone :twisted: .)

My fundie classmate did not attend the confirmation because of the too liberal pastor and possibly also because she knew that we did not care about god at all. (Hey, the confirmation trip was almost cancelled because some guys brought alcohol and the pastor pretended not to see it. He was in a bit of trouble after that...) They went to a separate branch of the Church.

So maybe Dan did it to fit in? Idk, but I have a hard time believing that Dan and Derick are really super mega Christian.

Is this bathtub kind of baptism a fundie thing? Here only the forehead is used.

I am sure the whole new injection of Duggarness into his life is why he's baptizing.

I don't know if this is his first time or has been before, but I am not surprised. Many evangelical sect of Christianity have no issue with being baptized multiple times. I had a friend that "got saved" three times in the span of two years... Notice I said "had" - she got way to into her own Christian bubble and seemed to refuse to associate with anyone or anything that is not Christian. :roll:

Not knowing too much about Dan other than his 15 minutes on the show, what does he do for work? Would he be a good match for Jana-banana?

I would also like to know more about Dan. Does he work? Did he go to college? If so, what did he study?

funny how dan was with his girlfriend for quite a while, kissing her and all and then derick marries jill and becomes fundie and now dan's girlfriend is no where to be seen and he's hanging around the duggars, getting baptised as a grown man. ugh.

I don't understand why, just because Derrick married Jill, that he and his brother are suddenly going to fall in line behind Jim Bob and basically say screw you to their own family, including their mom, and the way they were raised. Derrick adored his father, why would he suddenly use Jim Bob as a role model instead of his own father who seems to have lived and raised his family completely differently? It's like saying the man he loved did it all wrong. Derrick and Dan actually have their own family that I am sure is extremely important to them and influential as well. Why would Dan suddenly want to be like the Duggars? He isn't married into the family and has had real relationships and lived a normal life? Why would he suddenly want to follow his brother into Duggarland.

From the little I have seen of him, he seems to think that the Duggars are a little out there. The Dillard brothers seems to have been raised in a stable, happy Christian home. I always felt that Dan may be a little more worldly than Derrick. I also don't understand why Dan getting baptized is such a shock. The Duggars haven't cornered the market on Christianity. A Christian being baptized is a pretty normal activity. Did anyone think that Cathy's recovery from cancer may have brought Dan closer to God, not the Duggars? For all we know Dan may already be involved in his church. All dots do not always connect to the Duggars.

I don't understand why, just because Derrick married Jill, that he and his brother are suddenly going to fall in line behind Jim Bob and basically say screw you to their own family, including their mom, and the way they were raised. Derrick adored his father, why would he suddenly use Jim Bob as a role model instead of his own father who seems to have lived and raised his family completely differently? It's like saying the man he loved did it all wrong. Derrick and Dan actually have their own family that I am sure is extremely important to them and influential as well. Why would Dan suddenly want to be like the Duggars? He isn't married into the family and has had real relationships and lived a normal life? Why would he suddenly want to follow his brother into Duggarland.

From the little I have seen of him, he seems to think that the Duggars are a little out there. The Dillard brothers seems to have been raised in a stable, happy Christian home. I always felt that Dan may be a little more worldly than Derrick. I also don't understand why Dan getting baptized is such a shock. The Duggars haven't cornered the market on Christianity. A Christian being baptized is a pretty normal activity. Did anyone think that Cathy's recovery from cancer may have brought Dan closer to God, not the Duggars? For all we know Dan may already be involved in his church. All dots do not always connect to the Duggars.

As to the bolded I wonder if Derrick and Dan, or at least Derrick have issues with Cathy's remarrying. I know nothing has been said or shown on the show about a problem but the fact that the step dad is not shown has me wondering. And yes I realize he may just not want to be on the show. I just wonder if Derrick's attachment to JimBob is some how connected to that.

The reason Dan's baptism is so surprising is that SBC push hard for kids to get baptized starting around 2nd grade. Most active families have their kids baptized before high school. Dan is surely not being baptized for the first time, unless I have misunderstood how Rick and Cathy raised their sons, which I thought was fairly devout. And maybe a lot of reason I thought this is that SBC missionaries tend to be home-grown, it's unusual for young people to pursue missionary work if they didn't come from a background of being raised that way.

But I don't actually know how faithfully Rick and Cathy participated in SBC life while raising their boys.

I do think her remarriage might very well push the boys away, I can see where Derick would gravitate to the Duggars in the now-absence of his nuclear family and Dan might follow along. Many people in SBC circles are leghumperish of the Duggars - the thought being that at least it is TV they can watch without sinning. At least until the mini-golf double date.

I think Derick was somewhat at loose ends when he started courting Jill. He did graduate college but he chose to go on the mission field rather than pursue the graduate work necessary to become a CPA. The longer he waits to get certified, the more difficult that would be, and I would say he is not going to be pursuing that at all.

And I can see where Dan is also at loose ends if he and his girl split up.

Archived