IGNORED

can Women Swallow Camera For Gynecological Exams

doggie

Crazy with video goodness. I can't imagine the doctors being able to hold the laughter back. GOP once again proves how much they know about female anatomy.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/02/23 ... ams-audio/

For a Republican lawmaker, there is simply nothing on Earth more mysterious than the female anatomy. Despite increasingly desperate pleas by their own party, this bunch just can’t stop loudly exposing their ignorance on the subject at every opportunity. The latest unintended argument for sex ed in school is Idaho Rep. Vito Barbieri ®, who’s bold medical idea left a roomful of medical professionals, reporters and fellow politicians laughing to tears.

During a discussion regarding a proposal by the Republicans in Idaho’s House of Representatives to further limit the ability of women living in rural areas to have access to birth control, Rep. Barbieri asked Dr. Julie Madsen, a doctor testifying against the proposed bill, whether or not a tiny camera could be swallowed by a patient allowing a gynecological exam (say, in the case of a pregnancy) to be done remotely.

[bBvideo 560,340:qikyqmbe]

[/bBvideo]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HUH?! Don't they know what's the difference between internal and external medications even? How do they take them? Because internal indicates the area between the mouth and the end of the digesting track, which is the butt hole.

Vaginal medications and stuff are external (name it). Who can possibly be that dumb?!

I bet that doctor had trouble keeping a straight face.

"It cannot be done simply because when you swallow a pill it would not end up in the vagina." :lol:

Crazy with video goodness. I can't imagine the doctors being able to hold the laughter back. GOP once again proves how much they know about female anatomy.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/02/23 ... ams-audio/

For a Republican lawmaker, there is simply nothing on Earth more mysterious than the female anatomy. Despite increasingly desperate pleas by their own party, this bunch just can’t stop loudly exposing their ignorance on the subject at every opportunity. The latest unintended argument for sex ed in school is Idaho Rep. Vito Barbieri ®, who’s bold medical idea left a roomful of medical professionals, reporters and fellow politicians laughing to tears.

During a discussion regarding a proposal by the Republicans in Idaho’s House of Representatives to further limit the ability of women living in rural areas to have access to birth control, Rep. Barbieri asked Dr. Julie Madsen, a doctor testifying against the proposed bill, whether or not a tiny camera could be swallowed by a patient allowing a gynecological exam (say, in the case of a pregnancy) to be done remotely.

[bBvideo 560,340:2bkqkxh6]

[/bBvideo]

I avoided reading this. The thing that upsets me the most and literally breaks my heart is that I thought I was not smart enough for college when I was in my late teens and early twenties.

Of course, he's claiming it was only a rhetorical question. Yuh huh. And I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale.

They ran this story in CBS This Morning. The looks on the faces of the anchors, especially Charlie Rose, was priceless.

Once again I hoped I was getting punked.... :roll:

These guys scare the ever loving crap out of me.

Leave our bodies alone FFS. :pink-shock:

We do love to snark on FG, but Rep. Barbieri does not need any help on this one. His statement stands on its own merit.

Of course, he's claiming it was only a rhetorical question.

not only does he not understand basic anatomy, he doesn't understand language or definitions.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rhetorical

(not broken, because it's m-w)

there is no way his question could be construed as rhetorical, he's just trying to cover his ass and is fucking it up even more. he should probably just sit down and shut up, or better yet resign from office.

The stupid burns.

And yet these idiots keep getting elected.

My question is why do women keep voting for these losers. Are they as poorly educated as the candidates in question? :pink-shock:

My question is why do women keep voting for these losers. Are they as poorly educated as the candidates in question? :pink-shock:

Yeah, it's not so humorous when you realize that this doofus is in charge of deciding questions about women's medical care. :?

Nobody should vote for an idiot like this. Nobody. It's an embarrassment. I have never known a person who thought that swallowing anything would end up inside the vagina.

Nobody should vote for an idiot like this. Nobody. It's an embarrassment. I have never known a person who thought that swallowing anything would end up inside the vagina.

Maybe watermelon seeds when I was six? 8-)

Maybe his mother was a mutant. Maybe he was conceived via oral sex and the stomach acids damaged his father's sperm's DNA.

Or maybe he still believes that kissing makes babies.

Maybe his mother was a mutant. Maybe he was conceived via oral sex and the stomach acids damaged his father's sperm's DNA.

Seriously STAHP, I'm peeing my underwear here! :lol:

No seriously tho'. They keep thinking about women's genitalia and reproductive system all the time (when they are not busy thinking about gay sex that other people do) why don't they educate themselves on the subject?! It usually happens in 6th grade. How on earth does one thing that the vagina/birth canal is the end of the digestive tract? Doesn't he know what happens to food? If he is serious, he needs a designated guardian.

Of course, he's claiming it was only a rhetorical question. Yuh huh. And I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale.

They ran this story in CBS This Morning. The looks on the faces of the anchors, especially Charlie Rose, was priceless.

post-2805-14451999940707_thumb.jpg

I'm going to be a dissenting voice here now. *NOTE: Not agreeing with this guy's politics.*

This particular lawmaker was arguing to pass legislation that would ban doctors from prescribing the abortion pill remotely (like, via webcam). Of course he was, because he's from Idaho. :roll: Anyway, the folks wanting to stop this legislation brought up the value of remote medical care with the fact that doctors do remote colonoscopies. This lawmaker was trying to show that the two things were not equitable and that it was a false comparison (I don't really agree with that assertion, but hey). He did that by asking this question, knowing that the answer would be "no," to show that colonoscopies and pregnancy care are not equivalent.

I don't think that argument shows false equivalency the way he intended, but I don't think he was ignorant of female anatomy the way the soundbite portrays him. His explanation actually makes more sense when considering his political views and the legislation he was trying to pass.

*goes and hides in the corner*

No seriously tho'. They keep thinking about women's genitalia and reproductive system all the time (when they are not busy thinking about gay sex that other people do) why don't they educate themselves on the subject?! It usually happens in 6th grade. How on earth does one thing that the vagina/birth canal is the end of the digestive tract? Doesn't he know what happens to food? If he is serious, he needs a designated guardian.

I've heard of an awful lot of adult women who genuinely believe that women urinate through their vaginas (Why is there a red squiggle under vagina? Weird). It's a shame that so many are genuinely ignorant about their bodies.

I don't think that argument shows false equivalency the way he intended, but I don't think he was ignorant of female anatomy the way the soundbite portrays him. His explanation actually makes more sense when considering his political views and the legislation he was trying to pass.

*goes and hides in the corner*

hey don't rain on the parade here. even Rachael maddow had fun with this :lol:

Archived