IGNORED

can Women Swallow Camera For Gynecological Exams

doggie

Wow, just wow.

Did he sleep through biology class when they learned about the digestive system? If you swallow something that cant be digested, it comes out your butthole. Even if you think that women pee from their vaginas, which he should know that they don't, there is no way for someone to swallow a camera and make it come out of your pee hole either. Its butthole or nothing.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey don't rain on the parade here. even Rachael maddow had fun with this :lol:

I'll shove my critical thinking where a colonoscopy pill camera can find it. :P

Maybe watermelon seeds when I was six? 8-)

Well, I guess I knew more than you at six. I knew it would not end in my vagina. It would grow a watermelon in my stomach. No SOTDRT for me.

(Just kidding about knowing more than anybody at age six)

Well, I guess I knew more than you at six. I knew it would not end in my vagina. It would grow a watermelon in my stomach. No SOTDRT for me.

(Just kidding about knowing more than anybody at age six)

Slightly embarrassing but funny and TMI, but when we were little kids, we had land and kitchen garden. And wherever watermelon grew out of the ground, we knew it was the result of last year's ... watermelon binges or rather the aftermath of it especially when there were babies and toddlers around us who just went wherever they could. After a while we would kinda marked those spots and watch out for a possible watermelon growth the next year. And why am I telling about this? :embarrassed: :lol: Sorry for the TMI. Point is, we kinda had a pretty good idea at the age of six where stuff that you swallow, goes.

Wow, just wow.

Did he sleep through biology class when they learned about the digestive system? If you swallow something that cant be digested, it comes out your butthole. Even if you think that women pee from their vaginas, which he should know that they don't, there is no way for someone to swallow a camera and make it come out of your pee hole either. Its butthole or nothing.

FTR, I was using that as an example of bodily ignorance. I wasn't saying that people poop through their vaginas or their urethras or anything of the sort, lol.

Slightly embarrassing but funny and TMI, but when we were little kids, we had land and kitchen garden. And wherever watermelon grew out of the ground, we knew it was the result of last year's ... watermelon binges or rather the aftermath of it especially when there were babies and toddlers around us who just went wherever they could. After a while we would kinda marked those spots and watch out for a possible watermelon growth the next year. And why am I telling about this? :embarrassed: :lol: Sorry for the TMI. Point is, we kinda had a pretty good idea at the age of six where stuff that you swallow, goes.

omg, they were pooping in the yard? lol. We have always had random surprise pumpkins in our compost heap, but that's because we compost our jack-o-lanterns.

We had the dignity to bury it for the little ones, so don't think of us like stray dogs who just did nr 2 everywhere. We had large patches of soft sand, and the place was like a huge sandbox but we kinda marked those places with the "minefields". Given the fact that they landed in the ground alongside with some natural fertilizers, they bushes that grew out of the ground the upcoming years were pretty impressive.

We had the dignity to bury it for the little ones, so don't think of us like stray dogs who just did nr 2 everywhere. We had large patches of soft sand, and the place was like a huge sandbox but we kinda marked those places with the "minefields". Given the fact that they landed in the ground alongside with some natural fertilizers, they bushes that grew out of the ground the upcoming years were pretty impressive.

I wasn't thinking stray dogs, lol. My husband grew up in the country and has some similar tales of kids doing their thing wherever, including once when they were playing hide-and-seek and he practically fell over a little girl pooping in the pasture.

Yes let's just say that whenever we didn't have to, especially when all the neighboring kids were out playing, we didn't go home or inside to use the john. We didn't pull down our pants before everyone after we turned about 2,5-3, but we did what we had to do outside. And heck, even small children understood that if they eat watermelon, they'll poop out watermelon seeds. And it made us have to go nr1 a lot, since it's really watery. Didn't this guy eat a button, a smaller key, a lego that kept his parents on their toes for days waiting for the child to eventually pass the foreign object? Because it happens to every other kid. What makes him think that if a woman swallows an object, it'll land in their vagina? :cray-cray:

I've heard of an awful lot of adult women who genuinely that women urinate through their vaginas (Why is there a red squiggle under vagina? Weird). It's a shame that so many are genuinely ignorant about their bodies.

I went to high school with a guy who thought that. I just stared at him with my mouth open.

As for the red squiggle under the word vagina, well that generally happens every 28 days or so.

*ducks and runs*

I'm going to be a dissenting voice here now. *NOTE: Not agreeing with this guy's politics.*

This particular lawmaker was arguing to pass legislation that would ban doctors from prescribing the abortion pill remotely (like, via webcam). Of course he was, because he's from Idaho. :roll: Anyway, the folks wanting to stop this legislation brought up the value of remote medical care with the fact that doctors do remote colonoscopies. This lawmaker was trying to show that the two things were not equitable and that it was a false comparison (I don't really agree with that assertion, but hey). He did that by asking this question, knowing that the answer would be "no," to show that colonoscopies and pregnancy care are not equivalent.

I don't think that argument shows false equivalency the way he intended, but I don't think he was ignorant of female anatomy the way the soundbite portrays him. His explanation actually makes more sense when considering his political views and the legislation he was trying to pass.

*goes and hides in the corner*

Point taken that the question may have been deliberately stupid.

The comparison still doesn't make any sense. You can use a webcam to communicate remotely, ask questions, discuss risks, etc. Does he think that this is something that would always require a full pelvic exam?

Point taken that the question may have been deliberately stupid.

The comparison still doesn't make any sense. You can use a webcam to communicate remotely, ask questions, discuss risks, etc. Does he think that this is something that would always require a full pelvic exam?

I totally agree with you that his attempt to show false equivalency was not successful in the slightest.

As for the red squiggle under the word vagina, well that generally happens every 28 days or so.

*ducks and runs*

well played, cartmann, well played :clap: :clap: :clap:

I went to high school with a guy who thought that. I just stared at him with my mouth open.

*ducks and runs*

That's not as daft as the girl in my class when we were 11/12 who thought that a contraceptive pill is shoved up your vagina, as opposed to eating it.

*ducks and runs*

A few years back I taught Health to a group of kids in Grade 7 (12-13 year olds). Somehow we got on the topic of peeing blood and I told them that if they ever peed blood, they should tell their parents and see a doctor. One girl piped up and said "except girls". No, I said, girls should see a doctor if they pee blood. "Well, except for that time of the month" she said. Cue me pulling out my files on the female anatomy and reproductive system.

She was 13 and my assumption was that she had started menstruating. Her mother wasn't in the picture and she had no sisters. I don't know how much her dad planned to tell her (or maybe he didn't know, either. I don't know). It bothers me, though, that had she not had access to sex ed in school, she could have gone her whole life thinking her pee and her period came from the same place.

That's not as daft as the girl in my class when we were 11/12 who thought that a contraceptive pill is shoved up your vagina, as opposed to eating it.

This isn't nearly as far-fetched as it sounds. In fact, you can use your birth control pill vaginally if you have a stomach bug and are unable to keep things down (talk to your doctor first, of course). A few studies have shown that using them as a vaginal suppository is as effective as taking them orally, but I don't think there have really been enough studies done to make this an actual option/recommendation just yet.

ETA: link http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/birth-co ... -vaginally

(And again -- not a doctor nor do I play one on the Internet, so don't go shoving BCPs into your vagina without first discussing it with your doctor).

This isn't nearly as far-fetched as it sounds. In fact, you can use your birth control pill vaginally if you have a stomach bug and are unable to keep things down (talk to your doctor first, of course). A few studies have shown that using them as a vaginal suppository is as effective as taking them orally, but I don't think there have really been enough studies done to make this an actual option/recommendation just yet.

That's the concept the NuvaRing is based on, pretty much. It may not be a recommendation or good option yet, but the concept is sound.

In my great-grandma's time bleeding vaginas were a horrible taboo. Girls were totally unprepared so they freaked out like hell. When my grandma had her period, her peers told her to put salt over it since it stops bleeding in case in minor cuts. (Doesn't it freaking hurt though?)

More reasons why the morons in any and all of the state houses and legislatures across the country have ZERO business making any laws about things that relate to medical decisions. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

personally i think all law makers ,from mayors to senate, be made to take a basic high school science test. Then if they are put on a science related board take more advance test. Like a college entrance science exam. Basic how shit works test.

My genital misinformation pet peeve ( :lol: ) is that people think vagina refers to the entire vulva. And yes, I've also encountered people, including adult women who were entirely unaware that women have urethras, thinking women pee from either the vagina or the clitoris. I've heard of men and even some women who thought that one physically has to remove a tampon in order to pee. Lots of misinformation out there!

In my great-grandma's time bleeding vaginas were a horrible taboo. Girls were totally unprepared so they freaked out like hell. When my grandma had her period, her peers told her to put salt over it since it stops bleeding in case in minor cuts. (Doesn't it freaking hurt though?)

You know, that would actually be an interesting question to ask my grandmothers and this made me realize I have no idea whatsoever what their experiences were. I've never heard either of my grandmothers ever talk about periods.

From what I've read about the history of menstruation, I am extremely grateful for modern menstrual products.

I'm going to be a dissenting voice here now. *NOTE: Not agreeing with this guy's politics.*

This particular lawmaker was arguing to pass legislation that would ban doctors from prescribing the abortion pill remotely (like, via webcam). Of course he was, because he's from Idaho. :roll: Anyway, the folks wanting to stop this legislation brought up the value of remote medical care with the fact that doctors do remote colonoscopies. This lawmaker was trying to show that the two things were not equitable and that it was a false comparison (I don't really agree with that assertion, but hey). He did that by asking this question, knowing that the answer would be "no," to show that colonoscopies and pregnancy care are not equivalent.

I don't think that argument shows false equivalency the way he intended, but I don't think he was ignorant of female anatomy the way the soundbite portrays him. His explanation actually makes more sense when considering his political views and the legislation he was trying to pass.

*goes and hides in the corner*

Thanks for providing context! It makes a lot more sense this way.

ETA: link http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/birth-co ... -vaginally

(And again -- not a doctor nor do I play one on the Internet, so don't go shoving BCPs into your vagina without first discussing it with your doctor).

This was actually a big problem when they first did the trials for the birth control pill. Of course, they picked poor women in Puerto Rico, desperate to not have another child. Because many of these women were illiterate, they couldn't read the instructions and inserted the pill into their vaginas. It made sense to them because at the time other prophylactics all involved the sex organs (condoms, diaphragms).

Slightly more off topic, but Whovania's story reminded me of a friend of mine who got a German Shepherd puppy who decided to play with the decorations for Halloween--pumpkins and squash that were set out on the front porch to be festive. They had a veritable vegetable garden growing in the front yard the next spring. :lol:

Again why are men telling women what to do with our bodies when they don't even know how they work? Nor do they have a vagina. Stop letting idiots run this country. :cray-cray:

A few years back I taught Health to a group of kids in Grade 7 (12-13 year olds). Somehow we got on the topic of peeing blood and I told them that if they ever peed blood, they should tell their parents and see a doctor. One girl piped up and said "except girls". No, I said, girls should see a doctor if they pee blood. "Well, except for that time of the month" she said. Cue me pulling out my files on the female anatomy and reproductive system.

Maybe she just meant it would be difficult to tell? I mean, I don't watch it coming out or anything.

Archived