IGNORED

Bachmann/Everglades drilling/Hurricane "Joke" MERGED

doggie

Of course she would right after she gets rid of the EPA. but hey she will do it right and not harm anything of course right along with the oil companies environmental inspectors. lets throw the world to the dogs for some jobs. the sake of jobs for poor living. someone needs to build an unregulated nuke dump by her house. the EPA has a hard enough time regulating corporations. without that they would go hog wild. The corporations are going to dump a lot of money her way I bet.

BRENDAN FARRINGTON

Published: Aug 28, 2011 7:57 PM

SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann said Sunday that she would consider oil and natural gas drilling in the Everglades if it can be done without harming the environment.

Bachman said the United States needs to tap into all of its energy resources no matter where they exist if it can be done responsibly.

"The United States needs to be less dependent on foreign sources of energy and more dependent upon American resourcefulness. Whether that is in the Everglades, or whether that is in the eastern Gulf region, or whether that's in North Dakota, we need to go where the energy is," she said. "Of course it needs to be done responsibly. If we can't responsibly access energy in the Everglades then we shouldn't do it."

In 2002, the federal government at the urging of President George W. Bush bought back oil and gas drilling rights in the Everglades for $120 million. Bachmann, who wants to get rid of the federal Environmental Protection Agency, said she would rely on experts to determine whether drilling can be done without harming the environment.

"No one wants to hurt or contaminate the earth. ... We don't want to harm our water, our ecosystems or the air. That is a minimum bar," she said.

"From there, though, that doesn't mean that the two have to be mutually exclusive. We can protect the environment and do so responsibly, but we can also protect the environment and not kill jobs in America and not deny ourselves access to the energy resources that America's been so blessed with."

The Minnesota congresswoman, who is seeking the GOP nomination to challenge President Barack Obama in 2012, is on a four-day swing through Florida, ending Monday in Miami.

At each stop she has said she wants to eliminate the "job-killing" EPA. She elaborated on the idea in an interview after rallying hundreds of enthusiastic supporters in Sarasota.

"We do have EPA's in each of the 50 states and I think that it's up to the states," she said. "The states have the right to develop their own environmental protections and regulations, as they all have."

She said she recognizes there is a federal role when environmental issues cross borders, but she added that a big problem with the EPA now is that it does not consider job creation or job losses as part of its role in enforcing regulations. She said the regulations it does have prevent businesses from being able to reasonably create a profit.

"If we create a new department that is focused on conservation and get rid of the EPA, that would send a strong signal about what our priorities are. We believe in conservation, but I also believe at the same time that the EPA has overstepped its bounds," Bachmann said.

Among other topics, Bachmann said the stock market drop after this summer's debt ceiling compromise demonstrated disappointment that Washington had not taken more significant steps to reduce spending.

"We need to get our house in order fairly quickly," she said. "What you saw with the markets was the markets reacting to the fact that Washington, D.C., did nothing to get its house in order."

She also said she would consider Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who took office earlier this year, as a running mate.

"Marco Rubio has the hallmarks of, I think, everything that a person would look for in a potential candidate. He's got so much going for him," Bachmann said, also naming South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint as another possibility.

I would just love to see the "experts" she trotted out to say that you could drill for oil and not harm the Everglades. At least I would be laughing while my country went down the garbage disposal.

Guest Anonymous
Of course she would right after she gets rid of the EPA. but hey she will do it right and not harm anything of course right along with the oil companies environmental inspectors. lets throw the world to the dogs for some jobs. the sake of jobs for poor living. someone needs to build an unregulated nuke dump by her house.

I'd support it just to see her glowing in the dark afterwards. Hey, she could illuminate the next Halloween Parade in Greenwich Village.

I really do not understand how some people actually like this freak of nature. She's not even human.

O/T but more of teh crazee:

Michele Bachmann: Hurricane Irene Is God's Warning To Washington; Campaign Says She Was Joking

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michele- ... d=14404962

I figured she'd go there.

sad but that's good news it is wacky crap like that that turns off other Christians. So if god did it why did he not sign his name? or is MB gods spokeswoman?

Thanks for that link, Austin. Like you said, the woman opens her mouth and the stupid just falls out.

I just read what that idiot Ron Paul said about how dealing with disasters should be left up to each states and he has the gall (or the stupidity) to mention 1900. Has he forgotten that the Great Galveston Hurricane killed 12,000 people and damn near wiped Galveston off the map? Galveston didn't pick itself up and rebuild just based on the contributions of Galvestonians and Texans, but with the help of the US Army, which last time I checked was funded by the federal government, and by the generosity of people all across the country.

Why can't we leave the environment alone and invest in wind/solar? That would give us US energy and provide jobs without the tragic environmental disasters we see with oil.

....but that is just a bit of common sense. Can't have that.

I've only read this comment and haven't actually heard how the tone that Bachmann used but it doesn't sound like a joke.

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?'" Bachmann said at a campaign event in Sarasota, Florida on Sunday.

"Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending," she said.

ca.news.yahoo.com/bachmann-irene-gods-message-washington-142224573.html

What do you guys think? She says that she was joking.

Either way, it's bad. Why would anyone make a joke about something like this? Those weren't Katrina-level disasters, but some people did lose their lives. Others have seen their homes destroyed by floods or fallen trees. If Bachmann thinks that's funny, then there is something seriously wrong with this woman's brain. It's like when Obama laughed about how his shovel-ready jobs program wasn't as shovel-ready as he thought-- that was NOT something a president should be joking about. The people in this country are HURTING and he makes jokes about one of his own failed policies???

Wait, so God caused an earthquake and a hurricane because he's pissy about the national debt????? Yeah, I don't think so. Not a funny "joke."

Let's ponder this. There are earthquakes and tropical storms that occur all over the world and have done so throughout the life of the earth. And let us not forget tornadoes, ice ages, comets hitting the earth, and solar flares.

But a Hurriciane coming up the east coast, losing steam as it travels north, during hurricaine season is a dign from god?

Um. No.

She sounds like one of those Westboro Baptist Cultists who yell "GOD HATES FAGS" and blame soldiers' deaths and natural disasters on homosexuality.

It's not a good joke, if it was even a joke to begin with, and it's just really fucking stupid. Yeah, an earthquake in a state that sits on 6 fault lines and gets noticeable earthquakes every 150 years or so and a hurricane in bloody hurricane season is totally a "sign from God" about the national debt.

Of course if Bachmann was in office she'd just make us fend for ourselves to avoid "overspending." Because funding useless abstinence-only sex ed and church shit plus 3 wars is TOTALLY more important than those of us who just had an earthquake AND a hurricane within the same week.

Fuck you, Bachmann.

Oh, okay. I guess this explains how she is going to get the price of gas below $2/gallon, as she promised last week. Are people stupid enough to fall for this horseshit?

As for Ron Paul, doesn't he also want to do away with the FAA? Sure, what the hell. Who needs airplane and runway inspections?

Oh, okay. I guess this explains how she is going to get the price of gas below $2/gallon, as she promised last week. Are people stupid enough to fall for this horseshit?

of course there are or she would not be saying it. but hopefully not enough to elect her.

O/T but more of teh crazee:

Michele Bachmann: Hurricane Irene Is God's Warning To Washington; Campaign Says She Was Joking

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michele- ... d=14404962

I figured she'd go there.

Yeah, I saw that. Haha, very funny Michele. God killed nearly 30 innocent people and injured or destroyed the property of countless more to send a message to politicians. That's such a good joke, you should get your own Jon Stewart-like show.

I figured somebody would go there, but I was hoping it would be a run of the mill crazy and not somebody running for the highest office in the country.

So god choose a pathetic person like her to be his spokeswoman? This is the god we are all are supposed to think made this world? makes god pretty pathetic really.

Guest Anonymous
So god choose a pathetic person like her to be his spokeswoman? This is the god we are all are supposed to think made this world? makes god pretty pathetic really.

I have it on good authority that God plans to sue her for defamation of character.

I have it on good authority that God plans to sue her for defamation of character.

if he goes back in history he is going to be one very busy god.

maybe god will strike her with lightening?

Guest Anonymous

if he goes back in history he is going to be one very busy god.

maybe god will strike her with lightening?

We can dream, can't we?

Archived