IGNORED

Erin (Bates) Paine is PREGNANT

Georgiana

Starting this thread here so that the general Bates thread can still be used for general Bates discussion. I always find it hard to have other discussions in general threads when everyone is talking about a big announcement.

Snark/Speculate away!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How far along?

From what I understand, it was announced in the show, but no due date was announced. But, she's showing, and it's announced, so she's probably at least 3-4 months.

I'm genuinely happy for them, so much that my first thought wasn't, "Great, another human being that will be indoctrinated with their vile beliefs."

I'm genuinely happy for them, so much that my first thought wasn't, "Great, another human being that will be indoctrinated with their vile beliefs."

I'm happy for them because I know that the struggle to conceive when you desperately want to is tough. I don't wish the pain of infertility on anyone, no matter how much I disagree with their beliefs.

When it comes to Fundie kids turned parents, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't honestly think they'll "escape" or fall far from their parents' beliefs, but at the same time, people can change, and I'm not willing to condemn anyone for things they haven't even done yet.

So is there a link to a You Tube or something showing the show? i don't watch the show (we don't have cable) but would love to see it if it's out there on the internet somewhere. I'm happy for her.

jingersrealmom posted this on Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 9 an hour ago, I was suprised no one said anything but then I saw this board, haha

But like I said on the duggar board:

I hope everything works out well and she has a healthy pregnancy and baby!

Maybe it'll be a girl and Chad can paint the baby's room that pink they had :stork-pink:

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm happy for them. I guess Erin must be due around the same time as Anna? Possibly even sooner? Especially since we saw her starting to show in that video she posted the other day. Both of them would probably know the sex either now or within the next few weeks if so. I'm thinking it'll be a girl.

I do wonder if Erin's difficulty would make her space out pregnancies a bit in the future. It must be really hard on her with the combined higher than average fear of miscarriage and the shots and treatments. Plus, being on Heparin for 9 months out of every year for potentially 20 years if she had as many kids as her mom..that is probably not ideal. Especially if you have a higher risk pregnancy - I would imagine it could increase your risk of hemorrhaging? Although it's possible they could stop the injections closer to the due date? Maybe someone with a clinical background would know.

I'm happy for them because I know that the struggle to conceive when you desperately want to is tough. I don't wish the pain of infertility on anyone, no matter how much I disagree with their beliefs.

When it comes to Fundie kids turned parents, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't honestly think they'll "escape" or fall far from their parents' beliefs, but at the same time, people can change, and I'm not willing to condemn anyone for things they haven't even done yet.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I know it sounds contradictory, but I don't wish infertility on anyone, I'm just a glass-is-half empty (though I prefer "realistic" :mrgreen: ) type of person, so usually my first thought is, "Great, another fucking arrow for Jeebus," especially because while I agree the people CAN change, they usually don't, and I think being in the public eye will make it even less likely the the Duggar and Bates kids will ever be even a tiny bit moderate. But as shitty as I think Jill/Derrick and Ana/Josh are, I would have been really sad for them if they had they been infertile.

This sounds a lot like Jennifer Fulwiler's (of Conversion Diary) disorder. She has a life threatening blood clotting disorder exacerbated by pregnancy. She has to give herself shots every day when she's pregnant. Apparently the shots are extremely expensive. If Erin has the same thing, she categorically should not try for a full quiver. She would be risking her health and her life. Even if she has a milder form, what kind of insurance do they have? How are they going to cover the cost of these shots, especially if she has 4, 8, 12 pregnancies?

Well, yes, we assume that's how it occurred.

Yes it was. Everytime I hear the news of a Duggar, Bates, or Maxwell being with child that is my response, especially when it's Melanie Maxwell cuz of her difficult pregnancies.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm happy for them. I guess Erin must be due around the same time as Anna? Possibly even sooner? Especially since we saw her starting to show in that video she posted the other day. Both of them would probably know the sex either now or within the next few weeks if so. I'm thinking it'll be a girl.

I do wonder if Erin's difficulty would make her space out pregnancies a bit in the future. It must be really hard on her with the combined higher than average fear of miscarriage and the shots and treatments. Plus, being on Heparin for 9 months out of every year for potentially 20 years if she had as many kids as her mom..that is probably not ideal. Especially if you have a higher risk pregnancy - I would imagine it could increase your risk of hemorrhaging? Although it's possible they could stop the injections closer to the due date? Maybe someone with a clinical background would know.

I really doubt she'd have many kids. There's the risk of just being on heparin, for one. And it would be really bad for her to go into labor spontaneously because of the high risk of bleeding. IIRC, what they'll do is is schedule an induction and then stop the heparin a little while before that (I forget how long--heparin doesn't have a long half-half, so not that long). It has to be timed well because too long without heparin before birth and her clotting disorder can result in her baby dying, but you don't want to induce too soon after stopping heparin because of the huge risk of bleeding. And if her cervix isn't favorable at the time of induction she'll have a good chance of needing a c-section, which is another limiting factor (or it would be if the patient were normal and not Michelle Duggar) for how many pregnancies one can safely have.

This sounds a lot like Jennifer Fulwiler's (of Conversion Diary) disorder. She has a life threatening blood clotting disorder exacerbated by pregnancy. She has to give herself shots every day when she's pregnant. Apparently the shots are extremely expensive. If Erin has the same thing, she categorically should not try for a full quiver. She would be risking her health and her life. Even if she has a milder form, what kind of insurance do they have? How are they going to cover the cost of these shots, especially if she has 4, 8, 12 pregnancies?

I read about that in her book. At the time that she started taking it, Fulwiler's medication--with insurance--cost over $900 for a 30-day supply.

I am genuinely happy for Chad and Erin. I've had a few miscarriages and with each one I felt like another piece of my heart was being ripped out.

I would think Chad has insurance through his job...

I do believe Erin said she will be using Heparin. If I am not mistaken, Jennifer was using Lovenox. Heparin can be much, much cheaper than Lovenox.

Erin's blog: bringingupbatesblog.com/2015/01/22/hearing-the-heartbeat/

I'm sorry, but this part made me laugh:

This is definitely an answer to our prayers and we are so looking forward to learning how to be a mom and a dad.

I'm pretty sure Erin already knows a lot more about real mothering than most young women since she's raised kids.

I'm predicting a boy.

You're right, I think it was lovenox. I hope for Erin's sake she has a much less serious form of the disorder... and I really hope that she and Chad will understand that God will not love them any less if it comes down to a choice between risking her life, abstaining for years, or using birth control, and they choose birth control. Being pro life should mean putting an existing woman's life ahead of nonexistent potential lives.

Archived