IGNORED

Help your joy-another baby beating business

momof2treasures

Has anyone posted about the business owned by lori voeller? Help your joy-a website with a very organized step by step plan for beating your baby into perfect submission. She holds paid seminars to train mothers on her methods which include not only blanket training but hush training and "tea time". Tea time means adult holding a baby as young as 4 months and putting a cup and saucer in front of them and walking their hand with a glue stick when they touch it. She recommends do this repeatedly throughout the day until baby gets it. And keeping tea cups in different rooms to "practice" when te mood strikes. Hush training works the baby up to not crying loudly even after falling or being swatted. What a sad life...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF is wrong with these people? If babies are so fucking inconvenient and evil why do they keep having so damned many of them?

And please explain to me what is so terrible about having your baby sit in a high chair? Just another way to show who's boss? I swear, I think so many of these so-called submissive, meek and quiet women are so angry at their lot in life that they take it out on their defenseless children. There's a special place in hell for them

YOUR REWARD! (for teacup training) Get rid of that baby high chair! Seriously, here I had an eight month old who was completely content not to touch even Christmas ornaments if you piled them in front of her! Your consistent training will pay off … I promise! So why couldn’t she sit at the table with us, I reasoned?

I purchased a junior chair at the unfinished furniture store, somewhat like a booster chair on four legs with a wrap around back rest that fits over the table on both sides so baby can’t slip out. It’s good to tie a large dish towel around baby’s mid-section to the junior chair. I also used a booster chair that suspended from the table and folded up for storage. Since the baby was nursing only, with little solids, she just sat quietly, patiently, flanked with siblings, bowls of food etc., yet she reached for nothing! Happy baby, happy family!!! Goodbye high chair!

“In everything give thanksâ€â€¦

:pink-shock: I have a 1 year who didn't mess with the Christmas ornaments. A firm no (not yelling) and redirect to her toys. We lost only one ornament.

Yeah, teach your baby to never be curious. That's great for development. These types of people make me especially sick. It's not enough to physically abuse your children, but you have to mentally terrorize them and emotionally stunt them.

Yeah, teach your baby to never be curious. That's great for development. These types of people make me especially sick. It's not enough to physically abuse your children, but you have to mentally terrorize them and emotionally stunt them.

Honestly, I'm even more concerned about the "sucessfull" outcome than I am about the pain of the method.

A normal child will crawl around, reach for things and explore their environment. It's how babies and toddlers are designed to develop and learn. What happens in their developing brains when this becomes stunted?

A big key to long-term moral training is developing a strong attachment between parent and child. A child who is conditioned from an early age to see the parent as a source of love and comfort is more likely to continue to do so as they get older, to continue to confide in the parent, and to want to follow the example of that parent. Why can't these people see that it is utterly senseless to jeopardize the strongest parenting tool you have for the long term, for the sake of dealing with some minor issues that will naturally disappear by themselves as kids get older?

ETA: It sounds like her oldest son is the founder of CollegePlus. She has this Facebook post about how incredibly brilliant her kids are, but it looks like most of them got educated through the online coaching program that their older brother runs. Looks like a hot mess of acting superior and holy while grabbing for cash any way possible.

Her Facebook page hasn't had an update in over a year, to my great relief.

The first photo on her website says, "Desiring Peace and Harmony with your Toddler". Somehow I suspect it's only peaceful and harmonious for the parent.

I don't know that I'd be proud of my toddler if he wasn't reaching for ANYthing. That's a toddler's job: exploring the world around them. A parent's job isn't to stop the exploration but to make sure the baby has plenty of outlets for safe exploration.

Apparently her husband was IBLP and he cheated on her and left her in 2001.

freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=19049

and other FJ links:

google.com/search?q=lori+voeller+site:www.freejinger.org&sa=X&ei=00CsVIDmIM2togS-woLQBg&ved=0CEYQrQIoAjAI&biw=1093&bih=514

I don't know that I'd be proud of my toddler if he wasn't reaching for ANYthing. That's a toddler's job: exploring the world around them.

If a toddler was just sitting, not reaching for anything or playing, I think I'd be more worried than anything, wondering if it's a sign of a vision problem, hearing difficulties, or something more serious. It's just not normal, developmentally.

And how is tying a baby into a "junior chair" with a dishtowel any better than a high chair?? At least a high chair is designed for younger toddlers/babies, and will (hopefully) be safer. Yeah, ours took up more than its fair share of floor space, but that's the way it goes.

She hits her babies with glue sticks?? I must be missing something. It would be hard to hit someone with an Elmer's glue stick- not to mention possibly dangerous (they're pretty thick). Are there other glue sticks? Either way it's sick and twisted.

Why is fundie child training all about the parents' comfort?

She hits her babies with glue sticks?? I must be missing something. It would be hard to hit someone with an Elmer's glue stick- not to mention possibly dangerous (they're pretty thick). Are there other glue sticks? Either way it's sick and twisted.

Why is fundie child training all about the parents' comfort?

Those hot-glue sticks, I'd bet. Thicker than a pencil, and I bet the longer ones flex enough to be nasty.

Those hot-glue sticks, I'd bet. Thicker than a pencil, and I bet the longer ones flex enough to be nasty.

Ahhhhh. I, too, was wondering.

How evil! I dont think these people really like babies, they feel pressured into having them, then force them to be convenient and act unbabylike. this is what is wrong with fundie parenting.

I and my wife raised 2 sons,, 36 and 29 now and for the life of me I cannot remember how many times they got there ass whopped, but I am betting its was about 5 times,, in my world a ass whopping is considered a slap on the butt,, just one, a person that pays to be taught how to BEAT there kids is no more a mother then I am, but my boys will tell you this if asked,,my dad is my best friend,, he respects me,, I can ask his opinion on things,, and he never held me back to be the best I could be, he loves me,, pulls jokes on me, and instilled values in me

Yep -- sadly, keeping the long sticks that go into hot glue guns as baby-beating weapons is a thing among some of these assholes.

For example:

a thin glue gun Glue stick. All the moms I low used them for years (but over jeans) They are tiny, thin and lightweight. So they give a nice small amount of pain without any force. However I personally found that they are sp floppy they act like a whip- and thus prefer a good old fashioned wooden spoon.

homeschoolreviews.com/forums/4/thread.aspx?id=80996&page=1

But we also have a glue stick from a hot glue gun. We use that for spanking. We have only had to use it 1 time on 3 of the 4 kids. It is nice because it bends and you can fit it in your purse, diaper bag and even your back pocket. Also we use vinegar for whining. They get a tsp of it for sassy mouth or for whinging. It works most of the time just for me to put the vinegar on the counter because they all have had it and it tastes nasty and makes all 4 throw up. And laying the glue stick out too. I

http://www.circleofmoms.com/welcome-to- ... ine-415914

:cry:

Yep -- sadly, keeping the long sticks that go into hot glue guns as baby-beating weapons is a thing among some of these assholes.

For example:

homeschoolreviews.com/forums/4/thread.aspx?id=80996&page=1

http://www.circleofmoms.com/welcome-to- ... ine-415914

:cry:

:pink-shock: :wtf: Who the hell INDUCES VOMITTING in her children as a punishment?? For whining?

You know what works? Telling your child "I can't understand what you are saying when you whine. Use a proper voice so I can hear you."

My job as a mom is to help them whenever they vomit, not purposely make them sick.

Polecat wrote:

I don't know that I'd be proud of my toddler if he wasn't reaching for ANYthing. That's a toddler's job: exploring the world around them. A parent's job isn't to stop the exploration but to make sure the baby has plenty of outlets for safe exploration.

The daughter of a friend of mine has autism. She told me that they flew cross-country when the daughter was a toddler and she spent the entire flight silent, just turning a toy over and over. Someone complimented my friend on her well-behaved child and she wondered who would think that was normal behavior. Hours of silent lack of engagement is a sign of something badly wrong.

My non-fundie, very loving mother applied the vinegar punishment to both my sister and I for swearing. It probaby happened 10 times total between the two of us, and never once did anyone throw up. Is she making them chug it? Because Mom used about a teaspoon and it was unpleasent but not gag inducing.

BTW, I currently have one of the foulest mouths ever, so not a particularly effective punishment either.

This is so alien to me. Even my fundie relatives are more likely to encourage exploration than to discourage it! It isn't hard to see even very young babies have their own personalities and preferences---why would anyone want to beat that out of them?

This is so alien to me. Even my fundie relatives are more likely to encourage exploration than to discourage it! It isn't hard to see even very young babies have their own personalities and preferences---why would anyone want to beat that out of them?

I have three shelves of antique china including my great aunt's pink and gold baby cup from the 1890s and a two dishes given to me from the family of my grandma's best friend which date to the 1830s. I also have a shelf of Tiffany crystal that is all sentimental bridesmaids gifts and such and yet another of rare family photos, including a baby photo of my beloved grandpa from 1903. Guess what? All these are in reach of my kids, now 4 and 7. Guess what else? My kids don't touch them because I told them a few times the shelves are off limits and mean a lot to mommy.

Archived