IGNORED

Think sexy thoughts about God?

formergothardite

God's Daughter, my most favorite of faux-modest maidens, did a guest post where she discussed romantic thoughts. And from what I can tell, she is saying when you think romantic thoughts, do it about God.

"God showed me one more thing too. He showed me that I can still be the most romantic girl on the block. And you know how? By thinking of my romantic thoughts of my romantic Heavenly Husband. My ultimate Prince. My Knight-in-Shining-Armor. Friends, who is the most romantic Person of all?"

:? That is just weird. Really weird. I thought God was supposed to be a father figure, not a romantic one.

practicallypink.blogspot.com/2011/08/most-romantic-girl-on-block-guest-post.html

And if she gets a book published, I want the name of her publisher because I'm writing one too. :D

"Bridal" Mysticism isn't really anything new. God as lover has a long, long history, particularly in Catholicism. Some of the mystic texts can get a little hot under the collar, so to speak.

My favorite variation on this was from the show on my avatar, Morel Orel. Orel is a good Christian boy who just wants to please G-d, but he gets very bad advice on how to do it. In one episode, he learns that "the Devil is responsible for all of life's pleasures." Orel tries to get around this by constantly hurting himself whenever he feels good about anything, like helping an old lady cross the street or enjoying a sunset. This backfires in a major way, when he has dreams of G-d telling him he is a "very bad boy" and spanking him. Orel reacts the way other boys react to having dreams of Angelina Jolie.

I can't even fathom thinking romantic thoughts about God or Jesus. They are both so unsexy. IMO

God is like a father figure so ick but Jesus is supposed to be like a perfect man / husband for nuns etc.

Just looked at her own blog ......

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-love-tangled-enough.html

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-flirt-part-one-for-girls.html

Maybe she saw this video of Jesus?

8V9kSz7OfJQ

Forgive me, but Jesus has defrauded me and now I am going to burn in Hell.

Well a lot of sanitized, non-gory depiction of Jesus do shoe him having a nice body and very little clothing. Maybe fundies should start hanging pictures of the Crucifixion in their prayer closets.

Guest Anonymous
Just looked at her own blog ......

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-love-tangled-enough.html

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-flirt-part-one-for-girls.html

Oh chit, she lives in my neck of the woods. :animals-dogrun:

I've heard a lot of people refer to contemporary Praise & Worship music as Jesus-is-my-boyfriend-music. They kind of have a point. . .

I went to a private Christian school for a really short time when I was in elementary school and listened to praise and worship all the time back in those days. Hmmm, a powerful God that has the power to send people to hell is romantic? I didn't think so.

Ever read Song of Songs? It is supposed to be an allegory about God and all of us. Very sexy; very romantic. Let alone Julian of Norwich or Hildegard of Bingen.

I've definitely heard things similar to this and always found it strange as well. Kind of like the saying that a lot of girls I know like to spout off regarding dating/courtship.... something like "A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man has to go through him to find it."

Give me the enlarged desire,

And open, Lord, my soul,

Thy own fullness to require,

And comprehend the whole;

Stretch my faith’s capacity

Wider, and yet wider still

Then, with all that is in Thee

My soul forever fill!

--Charles Wesley, 1762

Jesus is my boyfriend indeed...ain't nothin' new ;)

NrhJT98IoaQ

"I wanna get down on my knees and start pleasin' Jesus, I want to feel his salvation running all over my face"

Record Company Guy: "It seems you really love Christ"

Cartman: "Yeah we sure do!"

Record Company Guy: "It appears that you are really in love with Christ"

I get creeped out by nuns talking bout being the Bride of Christ. There was a segment on, oh 20/20 or something similar about cloistered nuns. One nun was talking about how Jesus is her husband, and so she didn't feel she had given anything up by entering the cloister. "He's all mine." Gives me the total creeps.

--Charles Wesley, 1762

Jesus is my boyfriend indeed...ain't nothin' new ;)

:-o

It's like fundie slash fic!

The whole "bride of Christ" thing freaks me the hell out. Always has. It's just so fucking creepy.

It's also very confusing when you're taught that sex and romance are EVIL, but then told to be a bride of Christ. Major mindfuckery there.

Archived