IGNORED

Legitimate rape is back with abortion - MERGE

doggie

The whole point of this is to make abortions harder to get. The strategy is "fine, we can't get Roe V Wade overturned, but we can make it practically impossible to get an abortion, by making hoops for women and providers to jump through that become unworkable." While this is less violent than blowing up clinics or shooting doctors in the face, which may be a bit less popular than it once was, it still is just a political show.

And, yes, it boils down to

It's stupid on more than one front, though. I'm sure it it passed there would be a roaring trade in compassionate men willing to give anyone a letter claiming responsibility and giving permission.

And I think it's sad how society views male rape. Some comments from a story about a woman raping a guy or a female teacher having sex with a student was always he should've enjoyed it, she's hott how can you complain that wasn't rape, If that were my son I would high five him. It's really sad and something that needs to be talked about. I understand why rape especially male rape goes unreported. Who would being that a guy got raped by a woman?

Yup. Until 2012, even the FBI's definition of rape specifically defined it as something happening to women, which I'm sure was a serious deterrent to prosecution unless state law was different.

Sick and twisted. My best male friend was molested as a child and no one believed him because he possesses a penis.

When his teenage daughter (non bio but who the hell cares) was molested.... He was enraged. Fortunately his ex wife believed the daughter and removed the asshole. Said male friend now considers her his daughter, and heaven has no help for the poor soul who tries to hurt her again.

Archived