IGNORED

Death threats to Wichita minister who married gays

salex

Ah, Kansas......

Carter said that she had received threats before the ruling, but they have escalated since she performed a wedding ceremony for 15 same-sex couples on the steps of the Sedgwick County Courthouse on Nov. 17.

“Monday was probably the most scary time for me,†Carter said. “The phone rang and I went to answer the phone and it was just somebody heavy breathing on it. Then somebody rang the door bell and then somebody started throwing rocks at the windows.â€

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/state/ka ... rylink=cpy

What is it with Kansas? Even South Carolina and Alaska haven't flipped the fuck out half as much as Kansas has. You would think the world is ending there. I really hope the SC steps in and tells them DO IT. EVERY COUNTY. OR ELSE...

Jesus Christ. This is such a pointless thing to care about. It doesn't affect you in any way whatsoever. If they put all the energy they expend on hate towards something productive, imagine what these people could get done.

What is it with Kansas? snip

Lots and lots and lots of money from the Koch brothers manipulating public opinion. I'm a native of the great state of Kansas and love it to pieces, but I can't imagine living there again. When I kick the bucket my ashes will be scattered around the Flint Hills and (secretly) around the outside of Allen Field House ("...beware of the Phog") but that's as close as I'll be able to get until the Kochs die/go to jail/are publicly humiliated. The latter two options would fill me with glee. And Brownback and Kobach can join them.

Lots and lots and lots of money from the Koch brothers manipulating public opinion. I'm a native of the great state of Kansas and love it to pieces, but I can't imagine living there again. When I kick the bucket my ashes will be scattered around the Flint Hills and (secretly) around the outside of Allen Field House ("...beware of the Phog") but that's as close as I'll be able to get until the Kochs die/go to jail/are publicly humiliated. The latter two options would fill me with glee. And Brownback and Kobach can join them.

They will do the first thing, but I doubt that they would care about the jail, since they can buy their way out (they'd probably buy the statue of Justice just Mr. Burn did that time he and Smithers were hiding nuclear was in a tree in the park). As to public humilation that would be priceless. Can someone doctor a video of the Koch brothers having an orgy where they recreate the scene from Deliverance and take turns using Rush Limbaugh, Roger Ailes, Ted Nugent, Bill O'Reilly, Sam Brownback, Scott Walker, Rick Scott, Kris Kobach and Chris Christie in the Ned Beatty role. "Drop them panties and squeal like a pig."

So refusing service to the customers of your secular business is a matter of religious freedom, but a minister performing a ceremony in their own church warrants death threats. Cool.

What is it with Kansas? Even South Carolina and Alaska haven't flipped the fuck out half as much as Kansas has. You would think the world is ending there. I really hope the SC steps in and tells them DO IT. EVERY COUNTY. OR ELSE...

Edit: Deleted because after only 3 hours of sleep, what I typed made NO sense whatsoever!

Archived