IGNORED

Where Lori Proves Feelings are EVIL

Lori was recently scolding another commenter on Robert's blogs, reminding her that FEELINGS have no place in a Christian's life.

She proves her viewpoint with this statement today:

Our youth pastor at our church is dying of brain cancer. He'll be dead any day now. I met his wife when I was in the leader's meeting at Bible Study.

Seriously?!? Does anybody else thing that's the coldest thing a blogger could type? Imagine this poor man's wife settling in to read Lori's (heh...Godly??) blog, and seeing those words. She is surely aware that her husband is near death but to see a fellow "Christian" present it with such callousness is just mind blowing.

I can picture her shrugging her shoulders as she says "Meh... at least she never nagged him..."

Ken, do this grieving family a favor and keep Lori far away from them when their loved one passes away. Nobody needs the kind of "comfort" you and Lori can offer.

Another glaring lack of empathy from Lori, the brain tumor survivor. How would she feel if someone said, "Ken's wife is dying of brain cancer. She'll be dead any day now."

Another glaring lack of empathy from Lori, the brain tumor survivor. How would she feel if someone said, "Ken's wife is dying of brain cancer. She'll be dead any day now."

Ken would probably dance a jig at the thought.

Lori is very cold and unfeeling. I don't think she knows how to care about anyone but herself.

She's a cold, cruel sociopath.

I initially wondered how she'd feel about someone saying one of her kids was going to die any day now. And then I realized that she likely wouldn't GAS other than to greedily suck up other people's attention in her new role as "bereaved mother."

Every time I think she can't get worse, she goes and proves me wrong.

Lori was recently scolding another commenter on Robert's blogs, reminding her that FEELINGS have no place in a Christian's life.

She proves her viewpoint with this statement today:

Seriously?!? Does anybody else thing that's the coldest thing a blogger could type? Imagine this poor man's wife settling in to read Lori's (heh...Godly??) blog, and seeing those words. She is surely aware that her husband is near death but to see a fellow "Christian" present it with such callousness is just mind blowing.

I can picture her shrugging her shoulders as she says "Meh... at least she never nagged him..."

Ken, do this grieving family a favor and keep Lori far away from them when their loved one passes away. Nobody needs the kind of "comfort" you and Lori can offer.

Aside from the bolded portion of Lori's quote, what the hell is she doing in a leader's meeting? Who is so far off their rocker that they would put Lori in any kind of leadership position? I wouldn't put that hag in charge of watering the plants.

Lori is just awful. What a cold way of putting that.

I went to her blog and saw the last three posts were about serious health problems. Is there any significance there? Just wondering.

I found it interesting that she quotes Robin Robert's (who I love) mother, and links to Robin's book. Does Lori know Robin is a lesbian, and very open about it?

Aside from the bolded portion of Lori's quote, what the hell is she doing in a leader's meeting? Who is so far off their rocker that they would put Lori in any kind of leadership position? I wouldn't put that hag in charge of watering the plants.

I'm hoping it was a scenario I've seen a lot in our church. There is an announcement something like "If any of you are interested in leading a Bible study or teaching a weekly class, please meet...."

Probably when Lori showed up, the people in charge gave each other a sideways glance and one quietly said "Well...we can't tell her NO."

I will give Lori credit for knowing the CONTENT of the Bible. She does, however, use that content as a weapon to shame and hurt people. She's very punitive with her knowledge of scripture and, in my opinion, that makes her a hypocrite and a dangerous representative of the Christian faith.

I'm always really angered by Lori's demands that Christian wives should not act on FEELINGS, when the Bible is full of examples of Jesus acting on FEELINGS - mainly compassion.

I think of the story of Lazarus. When he became ill his sisters said to Jesus "Lord, the one you love is sick." (Luke 11:3)

Later when Lazarus has died and been entombed, Jesus arrives and sees Mary weeping. "When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. "Where have you laid him?" he asked. "Come and see, Lord," they replied. Jesus Wept. (Luke 11:33-35)

Then the Jews said "See how he loved him!" (Luke11:36)

I just can't comprehend how Lori and Ken (and Robert, by allowing her comments on his blog) can say that the teachings of Christ do not allow for FEELINGS.

On a more basic level, just as they pound us over the head with the "God made your man have sexual needs" hammer, so did God make many women emotional and full of feelings. Just as wives are to meet their husbands' sexual needs, a husband should feel responsible for trying to understand and meet his wife's emotional needs and show empathy for her feelings. Why are we expected to believe God made men one way, but not women???

What the hell is wrong with Lori?

This is a woman who has struggled with similar issues, how can she be so cold and unfeeling?

Well Ken, the next time you are ever tempted to wonder why so many people here on FJ have a problem with Lori and her "mentoring," look no further than this latest post. I guess as long as Lori survived her own battle with her brain tumor, she can be callous and glib in her treatment of someone else who is going through a similar situation. :evil:

ANNNNDDD.....She's edited the post.

Our youth pastor at our church is dying of brain cancer. He'll be with Jesus any day now.

Too little; too late, Ken and Lori. It's pretty sad that the "evil feminist God-haters" at FJ have to teach you how to write with a little compassion. I only hope this man's family did not read your post as you originally wrote it. What is wrong with you, anyway? Do you edit? Do you proofread? Does nothing ever strike you as sounding a little harsh? Is there nothing in you that says "perhaps that sounds cold and unfeeling?" Your callousness is frighteningly fascinating to me.

What the hell is wrong with Lori?

This is a woman who has struggled with similar issues, how can she be so cold and unfeeling?

Well Ken, the next time you are ever tempted to wonder why so many people here on FJ have a problem with Lori and her "mentoring," look no further than this latest post. I guess as long as Lori survived her own battle with her brain tumor, she can be callous and glib in her treatment of someone else who is going through a similar situation. :evil:

Lori is the very definition of "Screw you, I've got mine".

Lori is a bitch. She didn't need to include "he'll be dead any day now". If members of that church are reading her blog, I hope someone calls her out. She probably has enemies in that church, she admitted that there were women who rejected her as a "mentor".

Gee, "he'll be with Jesus" is so much better than "he'll be dead." :roll:

Lori, it was the fact that you bluntly posted that he is dying, and even added "any day now," that was so cold.

She reminds me of the guy in the old "the cat's on the roof" joke.

Gee, "he'll be with Jesus" is so much better than "he'll be dead." :roll:

Lori, it was the fact that you bluntly posted that he is dying, and even added "any day now," that was so cold.

She reminds me of the guy in the old "the cat's on the roof" joke.

At the thanksgiving gathering I went to, my friend told that joke. I had heard it before but I think the other folks there had not.

Then a few days later, I was emailing with that same friend. I was talking about the remodel that is currently going on at my house. The husband of the family that hosted us for thanksgiving is my primary carpenter for the project, and then he has another fellow helping.

At the time I emailed my friend, I said that I was sitting inside my home while A (helper) was working in the crawl space under the house at that moment, and G (host husband/carpenter) was up on the roof caulking the stovepipe. My email friend said "well, don't tell R (host wife) that her husband's on the roof -- she might remember about the joke!"

I'm beginning to believe that the only ailment Lori has is that giant stick up her ass. If any of her fellow congregants saw that comment, I hope they call her out on it.

She's a cold, cruel sociopath.

I initially wondered how she'd feel about someone saying one of her kids was going to die any day now. And then I realized that she likely wouldn't GAS other than to greedily suck up other people's attention in her new role as "bereaved mother."

Every time I think she can't get worse, she goes and proves me wrong.

That's true for me as well, that when I think she can't get any worse, she says something even more disgusting. Sure, she might have edited the post, but we know she said her pastor will be "dead any day now" which is a really fucked up thing to say.

I just learned about these stats in another discussion, and I wanted to share it here because it made me think about Lori.

Anyway, Lori is such a proponent for SAHMs, and I agree that staying home can be good for kids. SAHMs have one of the toughest jobs in the world, and they usually don't get the kind of praise and appreciation that they deserve.

Stay-at-Home Moms Report More Depression, Sadness, Anger

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154685/Stay-Home-Moms-Report-Depression-Sadness-Anger.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines

http://thinkchristian.reframemedia.com/a-new-way-of-ministering-to-stay-at-home-moms

It just goes to show you that Loriken are so out of touch with reality and the day-to-day hardships that can be associated with SAHM. At any rate, I doubt she would care, but there are churches out there trying to come up with ways to give SAHM more encouragement and support. Encouragement? Not Lori.

I just learned about these stats in another discussion, and I wanted to share it here because it made me think about Lori.

Anyway, Lori is such a proponent for SAHMs, and I agree that staying home can be good for kids. SAHMs have one of the toughest jobs in the world, and they usually don't get the kind of praise and appreciation that they deserve.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154685/Stay-Home-Moms-Report-Depression-Sadness-Anger.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines

http://thinkchristian.reframemedia.com/a-new-way-of-ministering-to-stay-at-home-moms

It just goes to show you that Loriken are so out of touch with reality and the day-to-day hardships that can be associated with SAHM. At any rate, I doubt she would care, but there are churches out there trying to come up with ways to give SAHM more encouragement and support. Encouragement? Not Lori.

Someone needs to pass this info on to Mr. Anti Feminism Reagan Ramm, too.

Unfortunately, Lori would probably just take that study as proof that she's right about everyone needing to be a SAHM. Remember, she thinks the more miserable you are and/or the more of a martyr you can be, the better True Christian[tm][/tm] you are. (Unless she is talking about herself, of course. In that case 2 hours naps, a nanny and school are the right choice.)

I'm hoping it was a scenario I've seen a lot in our church. There is an announcement something like "If any of you are interested in leading a Bible study or teaching a weekly class, please meet...."

Probably when Lori showed up, the people in charge gave each other a sideways glance and one quietly said "Well...we can't tell her NO."

I will give Lori credit for knowing the CONTENT of the Bible. She does, however, use that content as a weapon to shame and hurt people. She's very punitive with her knowledge of scripture and, in my opinion, that makes her a hypocrite and a dangerous representative of the Christian faith.

She doesn't know the content, though. She really just knows the few selected passages that she quotes ad nauseum. Anytime someone asks her something in depth, she goes running to Ken.

Lori does not know the bible at all. She knows the passages about submission and that's it. I've also seen her admit that she never reads the OT.

That's true for me as well, that when I think she can't get any worse, she says something even more disgusting. Sure, she might have edited the post, but we know she said her pastor will be "dead any day now" which is a really fucked up thing to say.

I hope this sick guy and his family don't come across her horrible comment. But the day fundies stop becoming more outrageous/disgusting is the day this snark board runs out of service.

Archived