IGNORED

Brandy has a message for FJ

fundiefan

But, like most passive- aggressive fundies, she writes it on her blog rather than going directly to the source.

{Look, this was a hard post to write … so I’d appreciate only positive feedback here, please. If you can’t think of anything nice to say, please don’t bother saying anything at all. I am totally talking to you rude, gossipy women from a site that shall remain nameless. Yes, you ladies who like to purposefully misunderstand really nice people and nitpick on their every move/word/action just because they don’t live how you think they should. Just because you tell people to Google a site doesn’t mean people don’t know exactly where they’re coming from.}

thecormierfamily.org/Brandy/

I'd like to know what is purposefully being misunderstood? I mean, I totally didn't get her statement that Harry Potter contains real spells, and I asked which ones were real so she could help me understand, but she deleted the comment instead.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I beginning to think that Fundies think magic is real. I'm pretty sure the rest of us know it isn't. Which is why we can read Harry Potter. It's freaking FICTION. Gee, calm down.

Wait just a minute. It is perfectly acceptable for these ladies to keep a blog that totally judges every other school of thought than their own, but not acceptable for others to do the same from a different point of view? Really? REALLY?!!

It is not rude and gossipy to comment about what they view as sinful behavior? It is not impolite to go on and on about how secular folks choose to dress? Or what they choose to learn or to read?

Pot: Black.

Kettle: muticoloured.

Harry Potter contains real spells? Wait a minute...

How would she know? Has she actually read the book? Did she try the spells out AND THEY WORKED? Did she come across them while she was reading a real book of spells, and then later realized that those words in Harry Potter sounded really familiar?? Oooh, the intrigue! There's a story here, where's Fox News?

Harry Potter contains real spells? Wait a minute...

How would she know? Has she actually read the book? Did she try the spells out AND THEY WORKED? Did she come across them while she was reading a real book of spells, and then later realized that those words in Harry Potter sounded really familiar?? Oooh, the intrigue! There's a story here, where's Fox News?

I know! I keep trying and trying the Patronus! It doesn't work! I'm heartbroken.

Yeah, in her post where she explains that it is a-okay to read Twilight and why, HP comes up in the comments. This is her reasoning.

Well … some things are definitely addressed in the Bible, Lisa … and, while some modern things aren’t found in the Bible, they can be found addressed in areas that talk about something similar. BUT, there are gray areas, so to speak … things that might be ok for you or that Jesus hasn’t yet dealt with you on that aren’t ok for me or that He has dealt with me on. Ya know?

And I’d be one to turn a Harry Potter customer away, actually. Explaining why, of course … but I would. For us, Harry Potter is actually different because it does contain actual spells and it’s not a clear cut case of good vs evil. A slightly better version of bad triumphs over the evilest evil in those series ….

… so it’s not really the same.

So, I left a comment asking which spells in HP were actual spells and asking how she knew they were actual spells. It magically disappeared.

Wait just a minute. It is perfectly acceptable for these ladies to keep a blog that totally judges every other school of thought than their own, but not acceptable for others to do the same from a different point of view? Really? REALLY?!!

Yes, perfectly acceptable. Did you not receive the memo? :D

Guest Anonymous

I know! I keep trying and trying the Patronus! It doesn't work! I'm heartbroken.

Joykins, maybe you need a stronger happy memory!

I think Brandy needs to do a little more lurking here at FJ. Does she really think that we're all going to bomb her blog with "haha ur so fat!" comments? I've never seen anyone here do that. Well, there is the whole Smuggar debate, which I'm pretty sure no one wants to revisit, but other than that, people don't really crack on others' physical features.

I for one, think Brandy is pretty ballsy for posting a full body shot of herself--I'm battling the fats right now, and I don't even post full body shots of myself on my FB page! So kudos to her for putting it all out there and I sincerely wish her success in her weight loss endeavors.

She's still a nut, though.

I think Brandy needs to do a little more lurking here at FJ. Does she really think that we're all going to bomb her blog with "haha ur so fat!" comments?

Sometimes I think people confuse us and the trolly troll trolls. I guess they get their feelings equally hurt by "And where exactly is that in the Bible?" and "lol stupid fugly," so they figure it's the same people. I get a little counter-offended by that assumption.

is that a spell to bring patron tequilla to your doorstep magickally in the middle of the night? post it and i'll try it on the next full moon!

Well, that was fast, even for Brandy. I think she and Jason are on an accelerated schedule this time around. If things keep going at this rate it will only be about a week before she begins to pepper her posts with Hebrew words, and he'll start "guest" posting about half the time.

So, I left a comment asking which spells in HP were actual spells and asking how she knew they were actual spells. It magically disappeared.

So we know for sure that the Banishing Charm works.

Yeah, in her post where she explains that it is a-okay to read Twilight and why, HP comes up in the comments.

I think the real reason she is saying Twilight is okay is because she got the hots for Robert Pattinson.

^Can't think of any other reason, from her perspective.

I think she is just parroting what other people say about Harry Potter: she has NO IDEA whether or not HP contains real spells. I find myself constantly having to correct people who criticize the series because I've actually READ the books, and they've got it ALL WRONG. And then they have the audacity to disagree with me when they really know nothing.

I’m trying to teleport to the bathroom as we speak, no that one doesn’t work either. Having to physically get up now, head down in shame.SIGH.

Guest Anonymous

is that a spell to bring patron tequilla to your doorstep magickally in the middle of the night? post it and i'll try it on the next full moon!

She's a silly lady, all right! If the spells were real, I'd be teleporting myself to New York, Paris, London and Sydney every day.

I think the real reason she is saying Twilight is okay is because she got the hots for Robert Pattinson.

Looks like she's more a Team Jacob girl. Either way you can't go wrong.

nitpick on their every move/word/action just because they don’t live how you think they should.

Pot, meet kettle.

Archived