IGNORED

Brandy has a message for FJ

fundiefan

Good grief. It's not really our style to mock someone for their weight.

The Harry Potter beliefs, however, are fair game.

Excuse me while I crawl into the chimney to see if it will take me somewhere

good.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the real reason she is saying Twilight is okay is because she got the hots for Robert Pattinson.

Hey Brandy,

Grow UP!

185315_362824809942_97627134942_1348932_3558388_s.jpg

I like the Harry Potter series but I am cognitive enough to know that it is fiction and not reality. Though sometimes I wish the type of magic in HP was real because a port key or levitation would be cool.

I dont purposely misunderstand nice people... perhaps she means we purpose to misunderstand whackjobs people she thinks are really nice?

As for Harry Potter... the last time I read the books was a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure unicorns dont exist (except the invisible pink unicorn) so wands are gonna be pretty hard to come by, and half the ingredients in the potions are fictional as well.

I shall not return to pointing at a pile of rocks and try to turn them to gold - or atleast copper, thats worth a lot now too...

When she says HP has "actual" spells I think she means the spells are written out, not that they literally work. Not sure why that would matter, other than it might encourage some innocent Christian to say/read the spell and thus accidentally-try-to-practice witchcraft? Who knows.

I'm also feeling like a huge fattyboombatty right now so I give her props on the weight loss efforts.

I love how so many threads on here morph into Harry Potter discussions, but that is probably just the devil talking through me!

I know! I keep trying and trying the Patronus! It doesn't work! I'm heartbroken.

is that a spell to bring patron tequilla to your doorstep magickally in the middle of the night? post it and i'll try it on the next full moon!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want that one to work, too.

So ... that was a lovely flounce type thing from Brandy. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've never read Brandy's blog before, but she seemed tame by Fun-die standards.

She probably likes Twilight because it's not pro-women. It's this drawn out story of a creepy pedophile stalking a young girl, and the girl marrying the creep. Oh, and her dad tells the guy "way to go" when she is SEXUALLY ASSAULTED.

I feel bad for her: she's already setting herself up for failure the same way she did with her "Torah-observant lifestyle." She of all people should know by now that radical lifestyle changes rarely work for people, yet she somehow expects to leap into a new diet and five days of exercise a week.

I've never read Brandy's blog before, but she seemed tame by Fun-die standards.

She probably likes Twilight because it's not pro-women. It's this drawn out story of a creepy pedophile stalking a young girl, and the girl marrying the creep. Oh, and her dad tells the guy "way to go" when she is SEXUALLY ASSAULTED.

WHAT!?!?! The extent of my Twilight experience was watching the first movie which, believe me, was more than enough. But does this actually happen in the books? WTF is wrong with people. If shit like this happens I am kind of surprised more fundies don't like Twilight.

If I recall correctly (and I may not), this is when Jacob forcibly kisses Bella against her will and her dad basically high-fives the guy.

I think it's the same reason why other adults hate it--it's very pro-abstinence. Fundies and fundy-lites love that and don't bother to look any further, and some non-fundies just can't stand the fact that there's a super-popular book wherein the desireable male character is advocating abstinence.

Also, I want the Accio charm.

I love how so many threads on here morph into Harry Potter discussions, but that is probably just the devil talking through me!

Must be because we're all evil literate devil-worshipping feminists. 8-)

Never mind the Patronus charm, take me straight to the chocolate that's the cure for a slight dose of dementors.

Chocolate - that's real enough!

Never mind the Patronus charm, take me straight to the chocolate that's the cure for a slight dose of dementors.

Chocolate - that's real enough!

^ This.

Yeah, in her post where she explains that it is a-okay to read Twilight and why, HP comes up in the comments. This is her reasoning.

Well … some things are definitely addressed in the Bible, Lisa … and, while some modern things aren’t found in the Bible, they can be found addressed in areas that talk about something similar. BUT, there are gray areas, so to speak … things that might be ok for you or that Jesus hasn’t yet dealt with you on that aren’t ok for me or that He has dealt with me on. Ya know?

And I’d be one to turn a Harry Potter customer away, actually. Explaining why, of course … but I would. For us, Harry Potter is actually different because it does contain actual spells and it’s not a clear cut case of good vs evil. A slightly better version of bad triumphs over the evilest evil in those series ….

… so it’s not really the same.

So, I left a comment asking which spells in HP were actual spells and asking how she knew they were actual spells. It magically disappeared.

Wow, real actual spells! I might just try the Scourgio spell next time I need to clean then :lol:

Here is of the source of Harry Potter spells..... Latin.

The Spell: Accio! (the summoning charm)

Latin Transelation: "To summon."

The Spell: Crusiatus! (One of the "unforgivable curses," it causes excruciating pain in the victim.)

Latin Transelation: "To torture."

The Spell: Diffindo! (a charm used to break something open)

Latin Transelation: "To split or open."

The Spell: Expelliarmus! (the disarming spell)

Latin Transelation: Expello means to drive "to drive out." It is combined with arma, which means "weapon."

The Spell:Finite incantatem! (the spell that stops the effects of all currently operating spells)

Latin Transelation: Fino means "end," and incantare means "to enchant."

The Spell: Imerio! (another unforgivable curse, causing the victim to be completely under the wand-waver's command.)

Latin Transelation: Impero means "to order or command."

The Spell: Lumos!(the chant that causes a small beam of light to shine from the end of a wand)

Latin Transelation: Lumen means "light."

So yeah, Latin is in the bible and Harry Potter is only using words that are in the Latin form. No spells, no witchcraft, no Satan and she is making no sense.

Source for my new found Latin or aka witchcraft: Uncle John's Bathroom Reader.

You're very welcome.

And now Jason has gotten in on the act, defending his wife and saying 'those people' should be thankful he hasn't gone all Law Abiding Citizen by now.

The more they whine about 'those people' the more I believe they are far too interested in what others have to say and it affects them more than most. Rather than ignore those who disagree, they both kind of obsess over it. Then again, that isn't really anything new.

thecormierfamily.org/Jason/?p=61

(Hi Jason! Hi Brandy!)

Here is of the source of Harry Potter spells..... Latin.

The Spell: Accio! (the summoning charm)

Latin Transelation: "To summon."

The Spell: Crusiatus! (One of the "unforgivable curses," it causes excruciating pain in the victim.)

Latin Transelation: "To torture."

The Spell: Diffindo! (a charm used to break something open)

Latin Transelation: "To split or open."

The Spell: Expelliarmus! (the disarming spell)

Latin Transelation: Expello means to drive "to drive out." It is combined with arma, which means "weapon."

The Spell:Finite incantatem! (the spell that stops the effects of all currently operating spells)

Latin Transelation: Fino means "end," and incantare means "to enchant."

The Spell: Imerio! (another unforgivable curse, causing the victim to be completely under the wand-waver's command.)

Latin Transelation: Impero means "to order or command."

The Spell: Lumos!(the chant that causes a small beam of light to shine from the end of a wand)

Latin Transelation: Lumen means "light."

So yeah, Latin is in the bible and Harry Potter is only using words that are in the Latin form. No spells, no witchcraft, no Satan and she is making no sense.

Source for my new found Latin or aka witchcraft: Uncle John's Bathroom Reader.

You're very welcome.

Oh my gosh I was about to post this too! I LOVE Uncle John's Bathroom Reader!

. My open challenge to debate those gossipers still stands, doubt they have the guts to ever take me up on it though. Okay that is enough of that.

When did Jason make this challenge? How many blogs ago was that? I don't recall him coming HERE to challenge anyone, and if anyone goes to HIS blog, they will be persecuting him. :violin:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

I still don't understand how a person who blogs on the WORLD WIDE WEB for everyone WORLD WIDE to see can get all testy if people don't like what they write. Baffling!

When did Jason make this challenge? How many blogs ago was that? I don't recall him coming HERE to challenge anyone, and if anyone goes to HIS blog, they will be persecuting him. :violin:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

He would delete it even if you did attempt debate or discussion on any of his blogs. It's much easier and plays much better into the persecution complex to 'call out' the meanies without ever engaging them, all the while claiming it's the 'meanies' who won't engage in debate/discussion/whatever.

You can't be a victim if there is no one victimizing you.

Archived