IGNORED

Brandy has a message for FJ

fundiefan

He would delete it even if you did attempt debate or discussion on any of his blogs. It's much easier and plays much better into the persecution complex to 'call out' the meanies without ever engaging them, all the while claiming it's the 'meanies' who won't engage in debate/discussion/whatever.

You can't be a victim if there is no one victimizing you.

I personally would never put a bunch of time into correspondence that I knew a blogger would either not post to begin with or just delete. So know how they operate, Jason sounds like a huge windbag. If he's truly willing to debate, he would come to FJ where we don't delete anything so true debate can actually happen. But I doubt that will happen b/c fundies don't really want to debate, as normal people think of the word. They really just want to preach and control the "conversation".

But Jason, if you or the little woman are reading here, I double dare you to take part in real debate.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I wasn't in a snarky mood today, then Jason had to get all assed up. Now I HAVE to pick at the scab.

I would never snark on someone's weight--especially if they are honestly trying to lose...besides, God knows there's someone else in that house whose looks are WAY more snarkworthy than Brandy's. :whistle:

I'm not sure I understand what her husband wants us to debate? Whether the spells in Harry Potter are real? Whether one can condemn Harry Potter, yet condone Twilight? Edward or Jacob FTW? I.Do.Not.Comprehend!

The entire paragraph from Mr. brandy's blog:

A lot of people, especially all the lower life forms at the gossip sites/boards [okay I wanted to cuss there, but some readers may take offense to that, and honestly if you read the crap people are saying about my wife, you would be surprised I have not gone Law Abiding Citizen on them by now. Trust me when I say the thoughts pop in my mind every time I think of those people.] do not know all the stuff my wife has gone through in her life. They do not know why she has the struggles at times that she does. And to be honest it is none of their frigging business. As a writer I think it is a sad waste to use valuable writing time and/or talent to stalk other peoples sites and lives and find stuff to write about. If gossip is your Muse then you live a pretty pathetic life. My open challenge to debate those gossipers still stands, doubt they have the guts to ever take me up on it though. Okay that is enough of that.

Apparently, we just don't understand Brandy's awesomeness. I guess that's what he wants to debate.

I guess... :think:

A lot of people, especially all the lower life forms at the gossip sites/boards [okay I wanted to cuss there, but some readers may take offense to that, and honestly if you read the crap people are saying about my wife, you would be surprised I have not gone Law Abiding Citizen on them by now. Trust me when I say the thoughts pop in my mind every time I think of those people.] do not know all the stuff my wife has gone through in her life. They do not know why she has the struggles at times that she does. And to be honest it is none of their frigging business. As a writer I think it is a sad waste to use valuable writing time and/or talent to stalk other peoples sites and lives and find stuff to write about. If gossip is your Muse then you live a pretty pathetic life. My open challenge to debate those gossipers still stands, doubt they have the guts to ever take me up on it though. Okay that is enough of that.

Um, if your wife's life is no one's business, why does she post on a public blog?

Is "going Law Abiding Citizen" a veiled threat? Am I to believe he's going to hunt me down and exercise his Second Amendment rights on me? Seriously, dude, is that what you want to be saying publicly?

The purpose of this forum is not to gossip. It's to expose Talifundieban asswipes like you.

Ooops, did I cuss? :lol:

ETA: You're not seriously going to call yourself a writer, are you? If so, you may want to learn one or two things about punctuation and sentence structure. :roll:

Here is in open challenge to Mr. Brandy who I have never heard of until this thread. If you want a debate bring it. I promise you we can take it. The question is, can you. Do you have the guts to do it. If you don't show up then we will all know that you don't and that you are nothing but a coward.

In no place that Brandy has been discussed - that I've seen, at least, and it's only here rarely and was once in a while at Sweeping the Cobwebs - her appearance was never part of the conversation. As in any situation, there is always someone who has to lower themselves and try but most don't bite and it remains a one off remark by one person.

She is a topic of discussion because of how she acts and what she says, on her public blogs in whatever form they take. They are making her appearance an issue. No one did that 'to' her; they are doing it.

But, that's also how they divert when they are called out. They never respond to what they're called on, they create smokescreens. The most recent discussions have been about her views on HP vs Twilight. Yet, somehow, both she and Jason have ignored that and turned the issue into her appearance.

How the hell does that even work? How does a person's mind even accomplish that kind of twisting?

Maybe it's not us who are doing it. Maybe it's a different board?

Maybe it's not us who are doing it. Maybe it's a different board?

A... a different... a different board?

I'm so scared right now. :shock:

Who is this Brandy chick? Before this post, I don't think I'd ever seen her discussed here. Anyway, it's always amusing when the ol' headship tries to join the fray. It's kind of lame that he accuses us of being afraid to debate him (or whatever it is that he said) when all he has to do is sign up here. I'm not sure what he wants to debate, but whatever. Unlike many, many fundie bloggers, we don't delete posts. As a matter of fact, didn't his wife delete a Free Jingerite's comment that asked what real spells are in Harry Potter? Why would anyone want to waste their time trying to debate him on his site when their comment will probably never even get published?

Who is this Brandy chick? Before this post, I don't think I'd ever seen her discussed here. Anyway, it's always amusing when the ol' headship tries to join the fray. It's kind of lame that he accuses us of being afraid to debate him (or whatever it is that he said) when all he has to do is sign up here. I'm not sure what he wants to debate, but whatever. Unlike many, many fundie bloggers, we don't delete posts. As a matter of fact, didn't his wife delete a Free Jingerite's comment about what real spells are in Harry Potter? Why would anyone want to waste their time trying to debate him on his site when their comment will probably never even get published?

That's exactly why fundies call us & anyone who disagrees, really, out on their blogs. If they actually engaged here, there would be evidence of their words and actions. They couldn't have their fit in the comments then delete all traces of it. On their blogs, they wait for someone to say something they disagree with, delete the comment because no matter how it is worded they can say it was so mean, and then act all persecuted in yet another post on their blog. It's a never ending circle they have total control over. Here or elsewhere? No control means they'll read and then take it to their turf and 'dare' the meanies to come say that again. It's the fundie blogger equivalent of the playground kid who says 'say it to my face' then runs and hides behind the teacher.

That's exactly why fundies call us & anyone who disagrees, really, out on their blogs. If they actually engaged here, there would be evidence of their words and actions. They couldn't have their fit in the comments then delete all traces of it. On their blogs, they wait for someone to say something they disagree with, delete the comment because no matter how it is worded they can say it was so mean, and then act all persecuted in yet another post on their blog. It's a never ending circle they have total control over. Here or elsewhere? No control means they'll read and then take it to their turf and 'dare' the meanies to come say that again. It's the fundie blogger equivalent of the playground kid who says 'say it to my face' then runs and hides behind the teacher.

Yeah, exactly. It seems rather passive-aggressive for Mr. Law Abiding Citizen to imply that we're somehow afraid of debating him when he knows damn well that they delete comments on their blog. He obviously knows that we "lower life forms" exist, and nothing's stopping him from coming here to talk to us. Frankly, he needs to man up or shut up 'cause what he said is laughably weaksauce.

Will a Twitter pic work here? I'll try.

Great comparison between Twilight and Harry Potter and their messages to readers.

http://twitpic.com/58slit

Excellent comparison and contrast between the kick-ass Hermione and the drippy Bella. Maybe Bella is so appealing because she is so passive and dull just like so many young fundie "maidens."

And Emma Watson is a hella better than Kristen Stewart.

Excellent comparison and contrast between the kick-ass Hermione and the drippy Bella. Maybe Bella is so appealing because she is so passive and dull just like so many young fundie "maidens."

And Emma Watson is a hella better than Kristen Stewart.

That's one of the reasons fundies choose to like Twilight. No sex and the books make a point of no sex.

Only, Ron & Hermoine not only don't have sex before marriage, they don't even kiss until the last book while Bella & Edward are all over each other.

But, the abstinence in Twilight is what the fundies look at to convince themselves it's all good. In HP it's never even discussed. Sex isn't part of life. Sure there is 'snogging' but it's all background and not the point of anything. With Edward & Bella it is the point of everything!

Bella is a pathetic wimp. Edward is controlling and manipulative. Just like the ideal fundie marriage. Edward makes the rules and Bella goes along with his headship.

Jason on August 26, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

Awesome openness here. Something that SHOULD be encouraged, and not picked on. Those people who do pick obviously have no life. Just a bunch of junior high gossips, picking on those who do not fit their clique. They remind me of liberals, when they cannot win the debate on merits, they go for the smear. Only those people do not even bother trying to debate the merits.

Jason recently posted..Love Post For My Wife

Oh, GOOD LORD!!! Instead of coming here, he just posted to his own wife's blog! UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!! :eusa-snooty:

And, by the way Jason, not one person here snarked on Brandy's "openness," just her crazy ideas and flippity-flopping of beliefs.

Methinks Jason is chickenshit. Way to hide behind your wife's apron there, dude!

I agree. Jason, why won't you come here? Scared of us?

I wish I could master the Accio spell. Would make my life so much easier.

That one spell would make my life so.much.easier. Too bad it's completely imaginary.

Do people still clutch their pearls about learning real spells from D&D games? That one always had me :roll: because a sizeable portion of them contain horrible puns, at least in the editions that were already out when the hysteria was at its peak. Like, the material component for a spell that fools other people is a small piece of wool . . .

Archived