IGNORED

Brandy has a message for FJ

fundiefan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For us, Harry Potter is actually different because it does contain actual spell

Latin, it contains a language people used to speak. So long ago we were casting spells at each others. . .

Guest Anonymous

Latin, it contains a language people used to speak. So long ago we were casting spells at each others. . .

If the Romans HAD been casting real spells, they wouldn't have been overrun by Vandals.

Brandy is too funny. She rocks the persecution bit, doesn't she?

She wrote about going to the eye doctor, who by the way, is very PRO

homeschooling, as opposed to someone who likes the evil humanistic Government schools. Then she talked about how advanced her kids were at reading (OF course they are!!) (I wonder if they've ever cracked open a math text....)

Then they all to the library, and they need some different books b/c the kids are so advanced at reading. She takes a couple of potshots at the library,

and then gets mad b/c the librarian can't find them anything to read and says something like "if you are a parent who is opposed to books about magic, then you won't like this series". Brandy is infuriated and has standards!!!

How can someone who actually posts about liking Twilight be so offended at books with wizards in it?

BTW, does anyone know why she has to walk everywhere ?

I wonder how she feels about lasik eye surgery......The laser is kinda like magic, so it's probably a non-issue for her...

I don't know why they walk and never gave it much thought.

Both her kids are total geniuses, dontcha know. They're so advanced and smart and hate doing anything that isn't school. If that's truly the case, they'll surpass both their parents in a few years then who will teach them?

As for the library, that woman never goes anywhere where someone isn't persecuting her for one reason or another and she has to proclaim, USUALLY IN ALL CAPS, how offended she is and how bad the other person is.

Her husband's explanation of their various religious fads over the past few years is interesting and unintentionally funny....

Who is "Candy" ?

The doctor was great. Very nice. Pro-homeschool, by the sounds of it. And preformed the most thorough eye exam I’ve ever had. And I’ve been wearing glasses or contacts since I was 11ish.

*facepalm*

Just wanted something a lil’ different for her to devour.

How hard would it be to "devour" every book in the house when there's one sad bookshelf of books to read? Of course, being shut up in a trailer all day, every day, probably has something to do with that as well.

Oh, and by the way, the word is "little." L-I-T-T-L-E. It's a blog post, Brandy, not a text.

Oh, hooray! Brandy's back! She's one of my favorites of all time. I do believe she's pulled more disappearing and re-appearing acts than the queen of the whackadoodles, Miss Candy Brauer.

There was a time on her last blog that she actually started to make some admissions that she wasn't a cookie-cutter fundie, and I was encouraged. But it looks like it's back to toeing the line for her AGAIN.

Srsly, girl is depressed. I feel bad for her on one level.

Thankfully, God changed Jason’s schedule a couple of days before my appointment. Yes, God did that. No such thing as coincidence.

So, then...God broke her glasses, God made that librarian say those things, God made the car break down...

Why hasn't God fixed the car? Oh, maybe he's doing it to force her to exercise!

Why did God break her glasses? Um, not sure I can think of a good reason for this, unless there's something he doesn't want her to see. :D But he went to all the trouble of breaking her glasses, then had to change her husband's schedule so they could go to the exam together. No wonder God doesn't impose world peace - he's too busy playing with Brandy's life.

Yep. God is involved in every aspect of Brandy's life. So much so that he can't be bothered with important stuff. I remember once she said god PUT $20 on the kitchen table. They were broke and trying to figure out to pay for...something; I don't remember the details. They were praying intensely for god to help them find an answer. They went to bed. No one came into the house and they know this, even though they were sleeping but, whatever. The next morning, poof, there it was. Smack in the middle of the table. God gave them the $20 they needed.

I was pretty appalled that they got their $20 but kids starve to death because their parents don't have the money to feed them, or live in the streets because their parents lost their jobs and god didn't just give them money or another job.

The god of Brandy and Jason is far too into picking and choosing who and what is important in his world.

Yep. God is involved in every aspect of Brandy's life.

So, to follow that line of "logic", that means that God had them move to Wyoming and live in a crappy trailer, barely getting by and cut off from any previous support they had.....why?

See, stupid me. I thought they did it because they had grandiose plans to "homestead" out there, and once they got there realized that's not as easy as they thought, and now they're too proud/stupid to admit they made a mistake and get the hell out of there.

So, to follow that line of "logic", that means that God had them move to Wyoming and live in a crappy trailer, barely getting by and cut off from any previous support they had.....why?

See, stupid me. I thought they did it because they had grandiose plans to "homestead" out there, and once they got there realized that's not as easy as they thought, and now they're too proud/stupid to admit they made a mistake and get the hell out of there.

Well, that is somewhat true. They were called by god to pack up and move. They couldn't deny what god was telling them to do so they had to go. They were to plant a church, I think. Or, that was the story at one time. They never leave their home so I don't know how they could plant a church - and Jason's pontificating in his living room to his wife & children - the same three people he 'reaches' every single day - is not church, no matter how they try to pretend otherwise. But, ahem. That's not the point. They are living where they are because god told them to live there. It was god's decision/calling/prompting/leading/whatthefuckever. They are just going along with god's plan because they're special like that.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, FundieFan. ;)

Brandy is, imho, a textbook example of what happens to some of these women who get trapped in the whole "if I love Jesus, I HAVE to adhere to this, that, and the other thing". She's had something like 5 blogs in the time that I've followed her, and the pattern is always the same: she starts it out by painting this picture of her perfect fundie life, then the cracks in the facade start to show (glimpses of who she really is), then she shuts it down, disappears for a couple months, and starts over.

Heh. I'm not sure it says anything good about me that I know/remember (sort of) this stuff. I've been following the crazy for way too long. I'm sure that says more about me than about them.

What a sad little group they are. All this church-planting business - I've been noticing lately how many of these store-front churches are popping up in our town. Every time you turn around there's another church starting in some empty strip mall space or a building that used to be a PIzza Hut or some such. Why do these people feel so compelled to start their own churches instead of just putting their time and effort into an established church? Are the theological differences so impossibly difficult to breach that they have to start their own brand of Christianity? Or do they think it will turn out to be a money-making opportunity? Grandiose dreams of standing on a stage, preaching to thousands? As one of these fundies wrote on their blog (maybe it was Dougie?) - everyone is called to evangelize but not every one is called to pastor.

All this church-planting business

I've noticed this too, and I just don't get it.

"We're starting our OWN church!"

"Why?"

"Well, we can't find one that we 100% agree with on every single minute detail! So this is God's way of telling us we need to start our own!"

So, the only people that will be welcome at theirs are ones that totally agree with them?

Archived