IGNORED

Goodbye Uriah

ripples72801

I think the drink is some kind of punch with sherbet in it.

Yeah. It looks like the sort of frothy sherbet punch my own parents used to serve at parties. (My parents' version had lots of alcohol in it though.)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. It looks like the sort of frothy sherbet punch my own parents used to serve at parties. (My parents' version had lots of alcohol in it though.)

And I bet it tasted a lot better than the piss and vinegar the Maxwells served their guests.

I am rather surprised that the construction business folded. I thought they had some financial concerns over the lack of conferences scheduled and that led to the family brainstorming mentioned on their blog some time ago. Too much competition? Not enough godly customers? I would imagine that given Christopher's requirements for the weddings he shoots, that they might have similar requirements for customers in their other businesses.

1TonRamp might be doing well but given the prices they charge for their services, it seems they would lose out to competitors on that front too. I had checked out their services out of curiosity and I was surprised at the fees for training that could be obtained at less cost if not free.

I think the construction business could have done well. I think it folded through lack of input,not through lack of a market. I suspect home renovation jobs are seen as a bit too risky for the sheltered reversal babies. In that sort of business you need to work in somebody else's home and it's likely you'll have ample opportunity to have a real conversation with real people (women even) in their space.

When it comes to irrigation, you're working outside, usually alone,and chances are that you'll only speak to the man of the property.

Omg, I'd LOVE to live next door to the Maxwells! How fun would it be to snark in real time? Do something horrible like let your kids play in the sprinkler in bathing suits or have a late night drunken bonfire and imagine their reaction? Or see if it merits a blog post? Try to sneak messages to the robotic children in hopes you could get make even the tiniest chink in the armor?

And I'd be the most popular FJer, like, ever. Seriously, it'd be a win-win-win.

I am normally not very provocative in real life, but I would love to be a neighbor of the Maxwells. Halloween, tanning, washing my car, coming home from a date, would suddenly become so entertaining. Also, I'm pretty boring in real life so it would be fun to take on the "rebel" role in someone's eyes.

I think the construction business could have done well. I think it folded through lack of input,not through lack of a market. I suspect home renovation jobs are seen as a bit too risky for the sheltered reversal babies. In that sort of business you need to work in somebody else's home and it's likely you'll have ample opportunity to have a real conversation with real people (women even) in their space.

When it comes to irrigation, you're working outside, usually alone,and chances are that you'll only speak to the man of the property.

You have touched what I was thinking / jesting under "godly customers". With home renovation, odds are decent they would have to work with women, take some direction from them and be alone in the house with them. They would have to see how people live outside of the compound and maybe be exposed to ungodly influences such TV, music, or other media that the customer may have in their home. The opportunities for exposure to non-Maxwell approved things abounds. This probably explains the focus on the irrigation business, but there's got to be a ton of irrigation business in that area of Kansas where the owners are going to be more knowledgeable, have the proper training and won't list a bunch of godly requirements to do business. What are they going to do if the owner is a woman? Or their contact person is a woman? Or the owner swears up a storm? Because like in all their other businesses, you can bet they are going to have their requirements for their customers which strike me as totally irrelevant to doing business.

If things are tight financially, then it's interesting that they are willing to shut down a business and start up another because one might have fit into their views of the world better versus rather than be realistic about market, competition, proper training, etc.

According to the website of Maxhell Irrigation, they're CID certified. CID certification (http://www.irrigation.org/cid/) requires three years of irrigation-related experience or education in an irrigation-related field. before registering for the exam.

Where did John boy get his three years???? And wonder why they have NO clients or references on the web site. And why was the website designed by someone other than a Maxhellian????

Finally, SOTDRT error on the first page of http://maxwellirrigation.com/:

but 100% of it’s success

ETA: Wonder how long before the error is corrected? Hi Stevo :oops:

I feel like this is a Maxwellism. I think I've seen similar wording on the blog several times, and I, too, thought it was weird.

blog.titus2.com/2013/10/23/cooking-with-anna-a-meal-plan-on-the-road/: "Nobody was very hungry so we had leftovers and smoothies for those who wanted them."

I think we have established that food photography isn't the Maxwell's forte.

see: blog.titus2.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/JandE-200.jpg

Between "light refreshments for those who wanted them" and the 1 Peter quote "Use hospitality one to

another without grudging," that party must have been a beige bacchanal.

The food that was wanted was offered without a grudge to those who found themselves desiring it!!

Regarding the construction business; Steve was on Kevin Swanson's radio program a couple of years ago as part of the Family Economics seminar.

According to Steve, Joseph discovered he preferred working with computers over construction so Maxwell and Sons folded.

Maybe John interned with John-Marie to get his irrigation experience.

Oh, and here is a link to Swanson's radio program featuring Steve (and lots of others);

familyeconomics.com/143-2/meet-the-families/

According to the website of Maxhell Irrigation, they're CID certified. CID certification (http://www.irrigation.org/cid/) requires three years of irrigation-related experience or education in an irrigation-related field. before registering for the exam.

Where did John boy get his three years???? And wonder why they have NO clients or references on the web site. And why was the website designed by someone other than a Maxhellian????

Finally, SOTDRT error on the first page of http://maxwellirrigation.com/:

but 100% of it’s success

ETA: Wonder how long before the error is corrected? Hi Stevo :oops:

When you think about it, we really know very little about what the Maxwell sons do to earn a living because the information they present to the public is so heavily edited. Aside from Nathan's computer consulting, which he does IN ADDITION TO 1TonRamp, Steve gives out only the vague snippets of information. They blog about how so-and-so wasn't at some family event because he had to "work" but what that work is is anybody's guess. So for all we know, John did get his three years of study. Steve ain't telling. At least, he ain't telling for FREE.

When you think about it, we really know very little about what the Maxwell sons do to earn a living because the information they present to the public is so heavily edited. Aside from Nathan's computer consulting, which he does IN ADDITION TO 1TonRamp, Steve gives out only the vague snippets of information. They blog about how so-and-so wasn't at some family event because he had to "work" but what that work is is anybody's guess. So for all we know, John did get his three years of study. Steve ain't telling. At least, he ain't telling for FREE.

https://screen.yahoo.com/snl-iconic-ski ... 00541.html

Did you notice nearly every one of the female guests at the party are wearing pants!

I think that the guests were only there to be converted. They were likely secular neighbors of the 'happy couple.' What the Maxwells didn't mention was that among the refreshments was a heaping plate of DEATH. Those poor, poor souls. How long did they have to suffer before managing to escape?

Uriah is about to take his last trip. Then, John will be driving him to the west coast to his new owner. (Keep driving, John, keep going, don't look back! :P ) Joe and Elizabeth Elissa will be joining them. I wonder if they will get their own bunks!! :fsm:

Uriah is about to take his last trip. Then, John will be driving him to the west coast to his new owner. (Keep driving, John, keep going, don't look back! :P ) Joe and Elizabeth Elissa will be joining them. I wonder if they will get their own bunks!! :fsm:

It looks like just John is driving out west. FREEDOM!

A fond farewell to Uriah--in song:

Those good old days when you served as an office for Sarah

And as a bunkhouse when Maxwells were out on the road

Flat tires, bent axles--

Groaning and bouncing o'er ruts as you carried your load.

My, my, my Uriah

Bye, bye, bye, Uriah

You've gone bust

You're old and you're riddled with rust

The Maxwells now fear that you're probably 'bout to explode.

Was there a time when she snuck out to hide herself in you

Lending herself a sweet hand where nobody could see?

A sweet, sweet journey

In the one place she could count on to feel whole and free.

Why, why, why, Uriah?

Must you fly, Uriah?

Must you go?

(Were you spoiled by treemom, that ho?)

A Golden State dude took a look at you and said, "Let's blow!"

He'll drive you while smoking some weed and be going too slow.

Now you're liberated and don't have to take any mo'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMMUve9nd4E, by Tom Jones

I'm stunned. John gets to drive him by himself all the way out West! Without a chaperone?? Did hell freeze over?

I'm sure John is doing all the driving and Steveovah is going along for "accountability".

I'm sure John is doing all the driving and Steveovah is going along for "accountability".

If so, I hope Hane's song parody is stuck in Steve's head the entire way there and back.

Hi, Steve! :greetings-waveyellow:

So once Uriah is dropped off at his new home how is John getting back to Kansas (if he goes back)?

Oh, Hane. Could I love you more?

I don't have the gift of prophecy, but I do foresee a night of tears and crying and wailing at the departure of Uriah, to at least rival – – if not outdo – – the weeping that happened when Nathan moved all the way across the street with a wife.

So once Uriah is dropped off at his new home how is John getting back to Kansas (if he goes back)?

I was wondering about that too. Surely he can't be flying back, what with the pervy TSA scanners and all...

As for John's irrigation business, I think it's very plausible that he completed the 3 year course and has the certification. It was about 3 years ago that John-Marie visited Maxwell's for Christmas caroling. Some commenters asked who he was, and Steve replied that he was a business partner of John's. So that's probably when the whole irrigation business was starting.

I think the drink is some kind of punch with sherbet in it.

Lime sherbet punch. Typically 2 parts sprite, 1 part ginger ale, 1 part lime sherbet, which gets kind of melty but floats on top of the soda. Nasty stuff.

Someone in California bought Uriah and John is driving the bus out there himself! Alone! Go, John, go!

Wouldn't it be great if John did indeed drop off Uriah and then buy a plane ticket.....to Hawaii?!? It would only be a few hours flight time.

Archived