IGNORED

Has mississippimamaof7 ever been discussed on FJ

lilwriter85

I found this blog while doing looking VF surfing. I was wondering if this one was discussed on the old board.

mississippimamaof7.blogspot.com/

I've never heard of her but I am quite new so she might have been before my time. Will check her blog out though.

I wonder if she sees the irony of these two "gripes" right next to one another!

*I am really tired of feminism. Did it really accomplish anything? The "I can do it all" mentality is a lie ~ thats probably why so many children are messed up. Out of wedlock pregnancy has soared (& so has the abortion rate), women are leaving their husbands & children to "follow their dreams", women are "leading" men ~ in the workplace, in churches, in politics, in the military, this isn't the way God planned his creation to work.

*I am getting very tired of arrogant, know it all people who want to share everything with us. We don't need the enlightening ~ we know we aren't perfect, we know we have struggles every day, we know that people are watching us & critiquing us because of the stand we have taken on education, worship, holidays, courtship, and just living. Everyone is welcome to their own opinions ~ but you should be able to back it up biblically, scripturally, and/or morally, if you are going to take it up with us. Sorry if that sounds arrogant, but we are doing the best we can, relying on the Lord and His strength and guidance not man's.

I wonder if she sees the irony of these two "gripes" right next to one another!

You get them sister! Stand up for yourself! No feminist should be able to make it so you have a right to an education. That's ridiculous!

Odd, because the most educated women who "follow their dreams" are the ones who are least likely to get divorced and "leave their husbands and children."

Her boys appear to be going to real colleges while her daughter is doing College Plus.

She thinks she's surrounded by "alternative" lifestyles, in the middle of Mississippi. She is, to be fair, surrounded by tons of teen pregnancy. But one of her reasons to homeschool was that "You chose when to teach your children the 'birds 'n bees' not some bureaucrat," and she probably votes, and that's why she's going to continue to be surrounded by tons of teen pregnancy.

She quotes Baucham, Ken Ham, and has a book by Terri Maxwell. And advertises Vision Forum. I haven't found evidence she follows Gothard, but if she did the fundie Singularity would occur, and all fundiness would perpetually exist on her blog. I think that's what would happen, anyway.

She says she homeschooled through being a single mother for 9 years (after her first husband died). I would like to know how that happened. Did she work? Did they have a really good life insurance plan?

She says she homeschooled through being a single mother for 9 years (after her first husband died). I would like to know how that happened. Did she work? Did they have a really good life insurance plan?

Maybe she goes to Kelly's church

It looks like a young man, going to school full time and working full time so that he can support a wife and family.

It looks like a young woman sitting at the kitchen table ~ talking about menu's, shopping lists, etc. for groceries to learn budgeting

INTERVENTION.... :auto-car:

Maybe she goes to Kelly's church

I laughed when I read that. I think Mississippi Mama maybe got some support from a church or some fundie organization during those nine years. Maybe she collected survivor's social security.

I could see survivor's social security being very likely because it would make sense to me fundies wouldn't see this as government assistance, since the deceased parent paid into the system, not unlike life insurance. I have family members who are very anti-government assistance, but collect SS and medicare, because they see it as something they paid for by working and paying in.

I could see survivor's social security being very likely because it would make sense to me fundies wouldn't see this as government assistance, since the deceased parent paid into the system, not unlike life insurance. I have family members who are very anti-government assistance, but collect SS and medicare, because they see it as something they paid for by working and paying in.

I was thinking the same thing too. I also know a few anti-government assistance people who are ok with collecting SS and medicare because they feel it is ok because you paid into it. If this blogger did collect SS, she might have combined that with other donations she could have been getting from a church or another fundie organization.

You know, it really bugs me when people put a blanket statement on all "feminists". Now, I do not identify myself as one (I don't use a lot of labels to describe myself), but I am keenly aware of the struggles our foremothers went through so that women were treated as equal human beings in the eyes of the government/law, in the medical world. education, etc. As a member of a national sorority, I am especially thankful to the women who trail-blazed their way into uncharted territory, being a few of the very first women allowed on their college campus in the late 1800s. I also count Laura Ingalls Wilder as a childhood heroine who married who she wanted to, became a teacher and successful writer, and helped shape the minds of millions of little girls.

Our right to vote isn't just about casting that vote on election day. It's given us the opportunity to meet candidates for our town and state representatives, who decide what goes into our school system, how the roads are cared for, and what taxes we pay. Issues that absolutely affect even SAHM who home school - many states require testing for home schooled children (who/what pays for the teachers and the facilities?), the ability to get to a store or a field trip depends on safe, passable roads, and taxes cover police and fire departments to keep us safe.

And although a lot of fundies don't use traditional medicine, at some point, someone in their family will end up in an Emergency Room or need surgery. Do you know that most medical trials for new medications are still done on men? Considering a lot of diseases manifest differently in women, including heart disease, lung cancer and AIDS. Medications tested on men don't take into account the biological differences. There is great risk there. Equality in access to testing is paramount to keeping medications and treatments safe for the other 50% of the population.

I am a wildly independent woman (kind of a control freak), if you ask my hubby, but we also have a complementary, egalitarian relationship. He defers to me in certain areas, and I rely on him for others. He values me as a person, as a woman, as his wife, and his partner.

I say to any woman who decries what has been done in the name of "feminism", to really take a look at what life was like in 1900. Not any of this revisionist history. I believe that "feminism" simply means that we need always take both genders into consideration. Women are not necessarily "better than," but we do count. I'm not saying that men and women are the same - there are vast differences. But we are not afterthoughts. THAT is what the original suffragettes wanted back in the 20s. Just to have an equal consideration.

That makes no sense to me. Wouldn't that be true of any welfare program funded by the government? So anyone who has ever paid taxes has paid into it. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know much about the way such things work.

That makes no sense to me. Wouldn't that be true of any welfare program funded by the government? So anyone who has ever paid taxes has paid into it. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know much about the way such things work.

Social security and medicare are a separate deduction from your paycheck than general taxes. The idea is you pay into the account while you are working for a minimum period of time before you can collect. The amount of Social Security you get is based on how much you paid in.

Archived