IGNORED

Police: Woman said Jesus would pay her bill

doggie

this sounds like some fundies we know would try.

Oklahoma woman allegedly told restaurant workers her husband, Jesus Christ, would soon arrive to pay her tab, but the holy hubby was a no-show, police said.

Lawton police said Kristi Rhines ordered food and several alcoholic drinks Friday at El Chico and later told workers she didn't have any money, but her husband would soon arrive to pay her tab.

Rhines soon clarified her husband was Jesus Christ, but she admitted the union was not solidified with a marriage license.

The woman, who managers said insisted the Christian savior would soon be arriving to pay in cash, was arrested on a fraud charge when police arrived and determined she had no means of paying the bill.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/10/21/ ... z3Gw2ij7sV

This is sad to me. It sounds like she has mental health issues.

And now her story is going semi-viral as people make fun of her, and by proxy conservative/religious people. Seems like a low-blow, and kind of offensive to mentally ill people.

Actually, the more I see people mocking her across the Internet, the more pissed off I get about this.

I had not thought about the mental issues. could be or just a Jesus nut who knows? we have seen crazier and sane Christians. cold be the christian version of dine and dash.

Sounds mentally ill to me, no two ways about it. It sounds like the opposite of something most fundies would do, in fact.

Edited for bad grammar

This is why I hate the new trend of taking some bare-bones local news story and making it go viral as a way to make a point. It's a mob-strawman approach, and it's intellectually lazy at best.

I see this story as nothing better than a bunch of stridently non-religious people taking advantage of some woman's mental illness as a way to score political points.

Archived