IGNORED

In which CM doesn't know the difference between Calgary and

jerkit

I have no idea why, but I just read "I'm too hardcore for most folks" in a Napoleon Dynamite voice. Definitely need more sleep and more coffee.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Why does CM do that to posters? (By "that", I mean respond to them with multiple names they've used to leave comments). Maybe Charlie decided that he didn't want to post with his actual name anymore. Who cares? Does CM like proving a point or something? Pointing out a typo is hardly snarky.

Asswipe.

Ken and CM also do this thing where they over-address their commenters by name. They’ll say things like “You know, jerkit...†over and over again in the same post. I think it’s a means of being condescending.

Ken and CM also do this thing where they over-address their commenters by name. They’ll say things like “You know, jerkit...†over and over again in the same post. I think it’s a means of being condescending.

It's also one of techniques touted by leadership conferences and books. My husband has attended them and joked about it. I can see Ken being "technique-y" and thinking himself clever. Robert? He's just proving he's a cool kid that knows the real name (of his sock).

Recently, my daughter said to me "You know. I have a feeling Dad is much higher up in his company than I ever knew; and that we are better off financially than I ever knew." And I said..."I think you are right; your dad is a very humble man."

My point is that my husband is quite a brilliant finance guy but he's never going to say that himself. We live modestly but have the ability to cover the big things (tuition and a wedding). Now that our kids are adults, they see just how quietly amazing their father is. He's never had to remind them - he's just lived his life and the illustration has become clear to those who know him. People see my husband as a good man first, and a talented business man second.

I find humility such an attractive trait in any person. Boastfulness is one of those things that grates on my nerves like a slap on sunburn. I suppose I should have some compassion for Robert because his constant bragging could be a sign of extremely low self esteem, but, in my opinion his blog is bringing more attention to Robert than it is to Jesus.

*Disclaimer: if what I said about my husband up there is humble bragging....sorry. Is second-hand humble bragging a thing? And if so, is it allowed?

With CM, all my other "rules" go out the window.

This morning my six year old announced "I almost died in the night."

"What??" I gasped in wonderment.

"Well, my stomach hurt."

"Okay, not quite the same level as death, buddy."

"I guess I was just hungry."

He and Boobert go to the same yarn-spinning academy.

Two things:

1. From a six-year-old, that is adorable, a great story to tell, and something he will outgrow. From Mountain Man, not so much.

But you knew that.

2. Your son already has a more sophisticated grasp of language than CM.

He's gonna sprain something patting himself on the back like that. :roll:

In the words of Green Day - "Don't pat yourself on the back you might break your spine".

I think it's the same reason he shows up at people's houses unannounced and then tells the world about how all of his "flock" are dirty people. He's a douche. He's ignorant, and he thinks he's the greatest person ever. It's just another way to exert control, by sharing this person's "secret."

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Why does CM do that to posters? (By "that", I mean respond to them with multiple names they've used to leave comments). Maybe Charlie decided that he didn't want to post with his actual name anymore. Who cares? Does CM like proving a point or something? Pointing out a typo is hardly snarky.

Revealing information someone would prefer to keep under wraps is cool, clever and funny, but reading and discussing writing from someone's public blog and public forum posts is stalking... :mouse-shock:

What did I do? The formatting for this thread got all messed up when I posted, but I have no idea if it's something I did. Anyone else see it? Anyone know how to fix it? :cry:

What did I do? The formatting for this thread got all messed up when I posted, but I have no idea if it's something I did. Anyone else see it? Anyone know how to fix it? :cry:

Yup, it's awful.

Don worry, it's all gon b k. CM will put up a new post sometime this evening and I'll start a new thread :popcorn2:

holy crap balls, the formatting on this page is screwed up. the previous page is okay, though.

holy crap balls, the formatting on this page is screwed up. the previous page is okay, though.

Something caused it to display the page in two columns. I don't know what triggered it though. But I agree, a new thread for a new post in a few hours anyway!

Something caused it to display the page in two columns. I don't know what triggered it though. But I agree, a new thread for a new post in a few hours anyway!

since the previous page of this thread is fine, i'm hoping that when it goes to a new page, perhaps it will correct itself. i haven't seen this in any thread before!

since the previous page of this thread is fine, i'm hoping that when it goes to a new page, perhaps it will correct itself. i haven't seen this in any thread before!

I wondered about that too. Well, can't hurt to just keep posting and we'll hit

a

new

page

pretty

soon

:lol:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Cabinetman and his fat thumbs strike again. Is this sabotage, or is it divine retribution for mocking God's annointed?

We may never know ...

Muwahaaahaaahaaaa ...

I wondered about that too. Well, can't hurt to just keep posting and we'll hit

a

new

page

pretty

soon

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
i keep forgetting my obligatory hidden post!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
i keep forgetting my obligatory hidden post!

Oh right, me too!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
One of these days Robert is going to cave and log in, or have a friend make a new account that he can access or read over their shoulder, and read all these hidden comments. I get quite the tickle thinking about it.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Page 5 page 5 we want page 5

Please, Oh Gods of FJ, give us a page 5.

We want it more than butter. :? :pray:

Archived