IGNORED

In which CM doesn't know the difference between Calgary and

jerkit

Just throwing this out there:

Matthew 6:

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, how did he know the feet were broken if he never went to the dr? You need an xray (in most cases) to tell if there is an actual break. I doubt they were compound fractures or he wouldn't have been walking around on them, so I'm going to call BS.

I'm sure many of us here could go toe to toe (no pun intended) with CM in the "working through pain" olympics. I went 2 weeks with a ruptured disk and have the nerve damage to prove it. I don't think that makes me anything other than stupid. Yes, it's a testament to my pain tolerance, but that is a bit of a double edged sword and I don't feel like my waiting that long to go to the dr. is anything to brag about.

Wow. I don't even know where to begin.

Humble brags about how he's so awesome, getting the disabled kids involved with the basketball team (by letting them be the ball guys? Is that the basketball equivalent of the kids who pick up the bats in baseball between batters?) more bragging about how he's so awesome and athletic.

And then the crap about how women "flip out" until they read closer and see that he doesn't ask anything from his wife that he doesn't do himself? W.T.F. It's not like he's super attractive. She's not super pretty or fit, but she could do much, much, much better than him. He's fat. He's a liar. He's creepy. He locked her in a shed, supposedly.

And pain tolerance. What. Ever. I doubt he broke his foot. I dropped a 45 lb plate on my foot once and it hurt a lot, for kind of a long time, and I didn't go to the doctor... Because I don't think it was broken. I even ran a 10K on it. Another time I dropped a different weight on my foot and all that happened (besides pain) was the loss of a toenail. If he broke his foot, he wouldn't be walking.

Do we even know that it's him? It's not some FJ lurker, making a blog as him after he flounced, right?

Am I just batshit crazy for going to the ER when I'm in a lot of pain? Like, when my ankle rolled under my foot stepping off of a stair, and it swelled up and hurt like a bitch the next morning, I went to the doctor. When I bent my wrist back and, though it wasn't visibly broken, it hurt like sandpaper on an open nerve, I went to a doctor (broken, btw). Does this dude want accolades for being an idiot? Does he want his kids to walk on a fractured ankle? Is that okay in fundie circles?

You get no respect, nor sympathy. You were not trapped for 127 hours. Go to a friggin' doctor.

The blog never went entirely inactive, so it's him. Why is it that every story he's got about how Hardcore and Badass he is just highlights what an arrogant, selfish, stupid piece of shit he is?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
It is completely possible to live life with unset broken bones. It's deeply unpleasant, but possible. I broke my right clavicle in a car wreck (seat belt) when I was 17. It wasn't bad enough to need surgery, and there's not really a lot they can do otherwise. I didn't have much in the way of painkillers because I'm allergic to opiates. I had my whole arm in a sling for quite awhile. It hurt sometimes just moving around, but I'm a side sleeper naturally, so I'd roll over in my sleep and wake up gasping. It was pretty shitty. I broke my right arm playing soccer as a kid, and that blew, but it hurt way less.

ETA: Important- I'm left-handed.

-He claims he shot basically a used car worth of bull then ate it, in a fit of manly man pique. Stupid. Arrogant. Selfish.

-Then he claims that since insurance wouldn't kick in til 90 days, he supposedly knowingly walked, a lot, on broken bones. Instead of, you know, paying cash (way less than that bull cost, btw) and seeing someone at Urgent Care. Personal discomfort aside, do you know what often happens if you get an infection in a broken bone and don't treat it? Cool story, bro. I hope your life insurance pays out before 3 damn months. But I doubt you have much, if any. Because obviously, life insurance only benefits OTHER people (you'll be dead!). And you're not into that shit.

Also, come on, Robert. What the fuck "private university" admits anyone on scholarship that needs remedial ANYTHING? I don't care how "good" at math you are (seriously doubt it), your overall ACT/SAT score had to be pretty meh considering your complete inability to grasp your own native language.

You want to prove you're a badass scholarship-earning prodigy? Easy peasy! Us bitches at FJ are actually pretty good at math. So go ahead. Bring it. Show us your computational prowess. Wow us. But be warned- we know what Khan Academy is too. :doh:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Some of us jezebels actually majored in that shit. Weird.

If you're better than I am at math, Bob, I promise to believe every single word you say from now until the end of time. Hell, I'll eat my husband's unwashed lucky Packers jersey, without sauce. And then I'll go to church. So go ahead. Preach the multivariable calculus and linear algebra of the lord. I'm waiting.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
So I'm one of those people with a full-on doctor anxiety (like dental anxiety only with doctors). I HATE going to the doctor. So I've "worked through" the pain of quite a few things I shouldn't have: infections, gallstones and so on. And obviously, even with those, I still ended up getting medical help because they got THAT bad that I just couldn't deal anymore. Oh, and through the pain of a broken tailbone because I was in my first trimester of pregnancy and they didn't want to prescribe me anything for it -- but at least I DID try to get that treated.

Anyway. There are 26 bones in each foot (that means your feet have about a fourth of the bones in your body) -- did he break one bone or a bunch? It seems to me that had he broken multiple foot bones, even apart from the pain, the foot would be so functionally unstable that he wouldn't be able to walk -- especially had he done that to both feet.

I CAN believe that he broke his toe and kept on a'working. I've had broken toes before, and yeah, that's pretty much what you do. Splint the effer and go on with life. It'll get better in about a month. (I mean, you should see a doctor to make sure it's not worse than what you thought, but a minor toe fracture is not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things).

tl;dr: Didn't happen.

How many moms here get to rest in bed when they're sick? How many of us just drag ourselves out of bed NO MATTER WHAT to get the kids ready for school, and make sure the toddlers are safe and at least have basic needs met while we have raging fevers, and dry heaves? I am going to guess all of us. How many of us even think twice about it?

And Lawfulevil, your husbands packers Jersey belongs in the trash, don't eat it.....actually I think it should be burned and replaced with a Bears jersey. (Notice I did not capitalize packers)

I CAN believe that he broke his toe and kept on a'working. I've had broken toes before, and yeah, that's pretty much what you do. Splint the effer and go on with life. It'll get better in about a month. (I mean, you should see a doctor to make sure it's not worse than what you thought, but a minor toe fracture is not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things).

tl;dr: Didn't happen.

i think if there's any hope that the story is true, it's that one of his toes was broken, that's it. i've broken my pinky toes several times, and while it hurts like a motherfucker in a snowstorm, you just wear the most comfortable pair of shoes you can tolerate and keep going. the last time i broke it was probably the worst, i was limping around for weeks on end after that, but i wasn't wasting a copay for a doctor to tell me what i knew and to do what i was already doing.

while i'm not a clinician, being in the medical field, i do have a grasp on the human body that not everybody may have. not trying to brag, but it's true. i've taken the anatomy classes, the terminology classes, the disease classes. i know things that the average person wouldn't expect to know because i was trained in this field. so, while i wouldn't call my diagnoses the end all be all of diagnoses, i can usually get a pretty good idea of when to really go to the doctor and how to treat something that doesn't really require full medical attention.

i say all of that to say this: not going to the doctor when there is something really wrong is really, really, really stupid. if truly broken bones are left untreated, there are far more complications that can come up besides them not healing properly. if something is truly wrong or out of place, ffs go to an er. if you don't have insurance, hospitals will work with you for either a payment plan, or they have programs that some people can qualify for that will reduce their bill. regardless, an er cannot turn you away, no matter what (that's actually one of the requirements for any facility that has the label of "emergency room"...if they won't accept anybody and everybody, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay, they cannot legally call it an er). so go to an er and get it taken care of.

unless that would inhibit your ability to brag about your maniless on the internet. then, by all means, continue. :roll:

(obvious sarcasm is obvious, please don't. nobody cares.)

i think if there's any hope that the story is true, it's that one of his toes was broken, that's it. i've broken my pinky toes several times, and while it hurts like a motherfucker in a snowstorm, you just wear the most comfortable pair of shoes you can tolerate and keep going. the last time i broke it was probably the worst, i was limping around for weeks on end after that, but i wasn't wasting a copay for a doctor to tell me what i knew and to do what i was already doing.

If there was a simple break in one of his foot bones, I could imagine him continuing to work. I had a friend who had a stress fracture in her foot and was able to keep on walking on it. Of course, stress fractures are a whole different type of break, and I'm not sure how possible it is to get a break like that from some kind of trauma.

My guess is he had some bad pain in one of his feet. He assumed it was broken because it hurt so much. No one will ever know for sure because he didn't go to the doctor. Then he doubled that story by making it two broken feet because he's a narcissist who can't tell the a story without completely stretching it into a lie.

while i'm not a clinician, being in the medical field, i do have a grasp on the human body that not everybody may have. not trying to brag, but it's true. i've taken the anatomy classes, the terminology classes, the disease classes. i know things that the average person wouldn't expect to know because i was trained in this field. so, while i wouldn't call my diagnoses the end all be all of diagnoses, i can usually get a pretty good idea of when to really go to the doctor and how to treat something that doesn't really require full medical attention.

i say all of that to say this: not going to the doctor when there is something really wrong is really, really, really stupid. if truly broken bones are left untreated, there are far more complications that can come up besides them not healing properly. if something is truly wrong or out of place, ffs go to an er. if you don't have insurance, hospitals will work with you for either a payment plan, or they have programs that some people can qualify for that will reduce their bill. regardless, an er cannot turn you away, no matter what (that's actually one of the requirements for any facility that has the label of "emergency room"...if they won't accept anybody and everybody, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay, they cannot legally call it an er). so go to an er and get it taken care of.

unless that would inhibit your ability to brag about your maniless on the internet. then, by all means, continue. :roll:

(obvious sarcasm is obvious, please don't. nobody cares.)

I think it's possible to walk around on a hairline fracture. I've done that (my husband accidentally dropped an old-fashioned Thermos full of liquid on my foot once -- ouch!). They hurt. Sometimes they hurt for a long time, however, they are entirely doable as are broken toes (had that as well).

Thing is, because Robert didn't go to a doctor, how does he actually know his feet were broken? Overall, I'm mildly amused that the more Robert tries to prove how virtuous and noble he is, the worse he comes across! You know the expression, "You don't know what you don't know?" That describes Robert to a T! He hasn't a clue about how he comes across to others. One of the dangers of being a legend in his own mind ...

Sort of relevant, my husband is a "tough guy" type though not gross like CM but tough guy like put in a children's home as a kid kind of tough. Anyway, he is super clumsy and bashes and literally MANGLES his toes regularly doing stupid things like walking upstairs and stepping in the shower. They look bruised and swollen and sometimes even bloody- not kidding he must walk like Frankenstein its a mystery. He is always convinced they are broken, and the few times he has had it checked out they never are. (This happens like twice a year) he doesn't go to the doctor for it anymore. But for a tough guy my husband sure whines a lot.

This morning my six year old announced "I almost died in the night."

"What??" I gasped in wonderment.

"Well, my stomach hurt."

"Okay, not quite the same level as death, buddy."

"I guess I was just hungry."

He and Boobert go to the same yarn-spinning academy.

And as they were eating, he took Timbits, and when he had blessed, he brake it, and gave to them, and said, ‘Take ye: this is my body.’

And after supper, he took the Double Double and said, "This is the blood of the new covenant, you hosers"

Bill

October 22, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Calgary?

amanhiswife

October 23, 2014 at 4:51 am

Thank you Bill/Charlie…good catch. Appreciate it. I’ll get it fixed and I’m sure the Canadians will be relieved.

Who thinks Bill is a sock?!

*raises hand*

A CM sock?

Yeah, so he has an excuse to change his typo without admitting to reading ebil FJ.

Yeah, so he has an excuse to change his typo without admitting to reading ebil FJ.

Maybe. But I think I remember Bill/Charlie posting before.

we know he reads it anyway. we know it and he knows it and that's all that really matters.

cm, you aren't fooling anyone! just keep proving you're reading here. :dance:

Maybe. But I think I remember Bill/Charlie posting before.

Doesn't mean it's not his own sock. Lol, do you think all his leg humpers are him in an elaborate plan to fool us feminists, and a way for him to validate himself, to himself?!?!

Doesn't mean it's not his own sock. Lol, do you think all his leg humpers are him in an elaborate plan to fool us feminists, and a way for him to validate himself, to himself?!?!

i know that's been speculated about lorken before, and we all know how they're buddies.

at any rate, if that's true, even if just in some capacity, he's a sad, sad man. (well, he already is. but even sadder.)

Recently, my daughter said to me "You know. I have a feeling Dad is much higher up in his company than I ever knew; and that we are better off financially than I ever knew." And I said..."I think you are right; your dad is a very humble man."

My point is that my husband is quite a brilliant finance guy but he's never going to say that himself. We live modestly but have the ability to cover the big things (tuition and a wedding). Now that our kids are adults, they see just how quietly amazing their father is. He's never had to remind them - he's just lived his life and the illustration has become clear to those who know him. People see my husband as a good man first, and a talented business man second.

I find humility such an attractive trait in any person. Boastfulness is one of those things that grates on my nerves like a slap on sunburn. I suppose I should have some compassion for Robert because his constant bragging could be a sign of extremely low self esteem, but, in my opinion his blog is bringing more attention to Robert than it is to Jesus.

*Disclaimer: if what I said about my husband up there is humble bragging....sorry. Is second-hand humble bragging a thing? And if so, is it allowed?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Why does CM do that to posters? (By "that", I mean respond to them with multiple names they've used to leave comments). Maybe Charlie decided that he didn't want to post with his actual name anymore. Who cares? Does CM like proving a point or something? Pointing out a typo is hardly snarky.

Asswipe.

Archived