IGNORED

In which CM doesn't know the difference between Calgary and

jerkit

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now let me state that the Reason & Author of life is Jesus Christ. He is the only Hope I have. That any of us have. And I think it was the philosophy He had…even to Calgary where He paid the ultimate price. Jesus gave until it hurt. Really hurt.
:lol:

I had no idea that Jesus was Canadian, eh.

I'm also calling total bullshit on the 'helping out at homeless shelters every night' while he was in college.

Do we even have any evidence he actually went to college?

Also, pain is a sign that something is seriously wrong. He could have damaged his feet for life from being so stupid.

Oh, Cabinetman! You're so manly! How could I, a mere female, ever understand working through pain?!

Except I finished a cross country race on a broken pelvis in high school and practiced/competed on a stress fracture for weeks in college. (In my defense, the trainer told me it was a sprain.)

I had no idea that Jesus was Canadian, eh.

I'm also calling total bullshit on the 'helping out at homeless shelters every night' while he was in college.

Do we even have any evidence he actually went to college?

Also, pain is a sign that something is seriously wrong. He could have damaged his feet for life from being so stupid.

And as they were eating, he took Timbits, and when he had blessed, he brake it, and gave to them, and said, ‘Take ye: this is my body.’

Oh boy! It's like merging the New Testament with the Book of Mormon when Jesus Christ found the lost sheep of Israel in the new world, Calgary it would appear here. That Calgary, always causing such strife and pain.

Oh, Cabinetman! You're so manly! How could I, a mere female, ever understand working through pain?!

Except I finished a cross country race on a broken pelvis in high school and practiced/competed on a stress fracture for weeks in college. (In my defense, the trainer told me it was a sprain.)

Yep, we mere women, who give birth to children after laboring hours and hours, could never possibly understand working through pain. Newwp.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Wait, am I crazy or do I remember us having a discussion regarding Cabinetman being a pastor of a church without a degree, and how we found that odd? I'm just refusing to believe that a man with such terrible writing skills could have attended college...and cue the wistful post about his bright college days.

He's gonna sprain something patting himself on the back like that. :roll:

I think we are narrowing down the vision of Christ that Cabinet Man has in his head.

When I think of Calgary, I think of the Calgary Stampede....

So, here we go

jesus_on_bull.jpg

Okay, four paragraphs in and I Can't Even. He's "hoping" around in "Calgary" (so, wishing for things in Canada, obvi), and he uses his popularity as a basketball player to encourage disabled kids to be his ball boys. Yes. Because the players on the high school team make unilateral executive decisions about that team. Then, he is perfectly ambulatory (though in manly Pain) on not one but TWO broken feet, doing manual labor. And his wife just silently wraps his swollen, shattered limbs in horse liniment and bandages. And, how amazing is it though he is not NATURALLY athletic (probably due to the pesky, inferior female genes he was forced to inherit from his mother), he becomes an EXCELLENT ATHLETE and MORE POWERFUL THAN 97% OF MEN.

Yeah, sounds about right.

I got to the line "most women" and I closed it down, because I don't need that kind of stress on a Wednesday afternoon.

Would some kind FJ post the definition of "humble brag" so our fair cabinet choad has a label to what he's doing?

Well no wonder I started seriously doubting my faith when I left Calgary for Edmonton! :lol:

This is some mormon level shit right here. Calvary is actually just a misspelled Canadian city. Jesus totes came to North America. Yup.

I'll admit that whenever the term Calvary came up at church when I was younger I always did a double take. The two words are so similar.

I know, right? He's trying very hard to prove to everybody that he is a decent person. When one has to try that hard......

Ok I live somewhere else now but I spent the first 40-something years of my life in Edmonton. Anyone in Alberta knows where this is going but I just can't. :lol: :lol:

Edited to add "formergothardite" AND "salex" can chip in together and get me a new iPad because I spewed water all over mine when I saw your awesome pics. Can any lapsed Catholics here tell me if laughing at them just added to my sentence in Purgatory?

I think we are narrowing down the vision of Christ that Cabinet Man has in his head.

When I think of Calgary, I think of the Calgary Stampede....

So, here we go

jesus_on_bull.jpg

I should have known some one would beat me to it - guess I should have read through the thread. But, since I made this already:

FwXgB52.jpg

Don't worry, he's such a manly man that he'll work through the pain. :D

From his blog. He talks about working with two broken feet and being in terrible pain. He did not go to the doctor because his insurance had not kicked in.

"Now, this is normal for me. But, I am told by Amanda that it is not normal. I never gave it much thought. So it hurts…maybe even a lot. But what choice do I have? I have promises to keep. Responsibilities to fulfill. A family to take care of.

We got to talking about it and we came up with what my general philosophy on life & marriage are (and since I am the leader of our family what they have adopted)…just keep giving until it hurts."

I don't think its that abnormal at all. I had a spiral fracture in the last two bones of my left hand and waited three days to go to the doctor because I had a baby and was too busy. I never thought about it as being heroic, it's just the way it was. I know lots of men, mostly who do phyej all labor and work with broken bones or blown out knees, and they just get on with it. They don't even speculate about it on blogs looking for accolades. It never occurs to them to brag about it.

I think it's wonderful and noble to help kids in need, and work in homeless shelters. I am not sure how that is relevant to your blog. It always leaves a bad taste In my mouth when people feel the need to make a big show of the good deeds they do. It takes away from the sincerity of it. Why do you need that kind of validation?

Calgary plus two broken feet can only mean... ...the Hurtin' Albertans! http://corblund.com

:lol: :lol:

Seriously, I wouldn't want to link Corb Lund with Cupboard Lunatic, but the phrasing was just too perfect...

If he had 2 broken feet he wouldn't be able to stand up...I've broken both feet, both ankles (not at the same time) and I LIVED in a Percocet haze for weeks afterwards. He "worked" through the pain my ass.

CM....you're an illiterate IDIOT...

Archived