IGNORED

The Return of L. Ron Cupboard!

church_of_dog

He's back!!1!

amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/10/04/when-the-man-comes-around/

and just for posterity:

When the Man Comes Around….

We are living in the last days I’m pretty sure.

When we closed up shop a couple months ago I have to admit I was pretty shaken. It’s not easy having those type of things said about you, especially when you know they are flat lies and you are powerless to refute them for folks usually hear what they want to hear & believe what they want to believe. It’s even harder in a world where black is white, up is down, right is wrong and the ones in power often agree with the world.

I’ve taken a couple months to take the necessary arrangements to make sure my family is safe and to have evaluations done by folks outside of our family to make sure my wife and I are accurate in what we believe our home life is. That is to make sure it is perceived as we perceive & understand it, as a loving and safe place where the only way someone could perceive something different is if they had an agenda. It’s not easy for me do that. I don’t trust people. And I don’t put my fate in other people’s hands any more than I absolutely have to. And this may come as a shock to you as you read a blog in which we open up about some of the most private private parts of our lives, but I am a private person and don’t open up easy. But I am thankful I/we did. From doctors, to lawyers, to in laws, to our pastor.

It’s not even easy for me to put my trust in God at times I am ashamed to admit. I try to live by biblical principals and in a godly way, but just trusting God with the safety of my family is my biggest weakness of faith. I care for them so much. I know deep within me, because God’s Word tells me so, that He loves them even more than I. But that is hard for to fully grasp at times so I do all I can to protect them, even when I should trust. It’s a war I am always fighting and a battle I lost a couple months ago. My faith was tested and I failed.

But the truth is I need this blog. I am a better man, husband and father when I have a responsibility to keep me on the straight and narrow. I read my bible more and live out my faith more. This blog is an outlet & it helps me process & make sense of a world, both in & out of christian sphere. I know my wife and I have a lot of fun doing it together also. Hopefully it helps a few brothers and sisters out in the process by encouraging and strengthening their faith.

I failed in my faith of God. I am not starting this blog back up because I have vetted ourselves every way imaginable and have put some common sense safety and distance between us. All of that is true. But I am starting this blog back up because I believe in God’s call to share His message and truth and because I will trust Him to protect my family.

The time off gave me a chance to evaluate a few things concerning the blog. This will still be the same blog where we won’t be afraid to speak the truth, but will try to do so with a softening of the corners with love a little more. It’s not my specialty to do that in print I will fully admit. It takes a lot of effort & work for me to do it in written word to someone other than my family but I will put extra effort into trying to do exactly that. Secondly, I will do my best to adjust my language to a christian blog. I can’t promise I will be perfect. There will be times I’m sure I will need grace in this area. But I will continue to teach what I think scripture teaches about how a husband can lead his wife & family with love & strength.

But the bottom line is I think we are in the last days and as I read in Ezekiel last night in Chapter 34:1-6 that those whom God has called to shepherd His people and entrusted with His words should be faithful to share them or His flock is lost and scattered. Shepherding is not an easy business. Those you care called to shepherd for the most part are treated with care, but in that care you are always driving them someplace and once in awhile you have to bind a wound or scare one of the flock away from a poison or predator. We are in the last days and I want to be faithful to my God & Lord.

I really don’t want to be the guy that is not doing what God has called him to do. I will continue to love my wife, children and neighbor. But I also think we are in desperate need for folks who are willing to speak truth. I will try to do so-in love, so that my neighbor may be saved. That my brother and sister in Christ may find wholeness in their marriage and family

In the practical there will be some changes. First, while our new place has many advantages to our old place (like a larger master bedroom, a bedroom for each of the kids so they don’t have to share any longer and an insulated instead of uninsulated woodworking shop) internet access is not one of them. It’s hard to come by and will mean I don’t post quite as regular and will use moderation more in the comments. My wife’s only concern about starting the blog back up (praise God her fear is gone also) is that those who disdain our message would not waste so much of our time so I will just moderate those folks into the trash bin so their comments will not show up. Nor will I be following their website or responding to them at all. I’ll admit that I allowed them to jerk me around and I won’t put myself in that position again.

So with that said, here is the verse, husband’s leadership tip of the day and I know you all missed some Johnny Cash, so here’s a song that deals with these last days.

The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:7-8

Husband’s Leadership Tip of the Day: Shepherd your home with love and wisdom today. Never forgetting you are often what stands between the world and your family, both in protection & to bind up their wounds with love.

Johnny Cash “When the Man Comes Aroundâ€

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, he's not too busy panning for gold? I'm shocked, I tell you, utterly shocked! :o

We are living in the last days I’m pretty sure.

:roll: Great start, dude.

I’ve taken a couple months to take the necessary arrangements to make sure my family is safe and to have evaluations done by folks outside of our family to make sure my wife and I are accurate in what we believe our home life is. That is to make sure it is perceived as we perceive & understand it, as a loving and safe place where the only way someone could perceive something different is if they had an agenda. It’s not easy for me do that. I don’t trust people. And I don’t put my fate in other people’s hands any more than I absolutely have to. And this may come as a shock to you as you read a blog in which we open up about some of the most private private parts of our lives, but I am a private person and don’t open up easy. But I am thankful I/we did. From doctors, to lawyers, to in laws, to our pastor.

Do you think he actually did some self-examination, was honest, gave his wife a chance to tell the truth to others, etc.? I find it hard to believe, but, hey, stranger things have happened.

But the truth is I need this blog I am a better man, husband and father when I have a responsibility to keep me on the straight and narrow. I read my bible more and live out my faith more. This blog is an outlet & it helps me process & make sense of a world, both in & out of christian sphere. I know my wife and I have a lot of fun doing it together also. Hopefully it helps a few brothers and sisters out in the process by encouraging and strengthening their faith. because I crave attention like a starving man craves food.

Fixed that for ya, L. Ron.

But the bottom line is I think we are in the last days and as I read in Ezekiel last night in Chapter 34:1-6 that those whom God has called to shepherd His people and entrusted with His words should be faithful to share them or His flock is lost and scattered.

I never understand this. If it's the last days, why not just keep it to yourself? (I know, I know -- he'd say he wants to save all of us out of love, etc.)

My wife’s only concern about starting the blog back up (praise God her fear is gone also) is that those who disdain our message would not waste so much of our time so I will just moderate those folks into the trash bin so their comments will not show up. Nor will I be following their website or responding to them at all. I’ll admit that I allowed them to jerk me around and I won’t put myself in that position again.

I would be willing to bet that just about anyone here cares more about your wife, as a human being who deserves respect and a non-violent life, than you do. The only thing she has to fear is you.

So, how's Alaska?

So two things, here:

A. He's an attention whore. He can't stay away for 2 seconds. That's the only reason he is back.

B. I'd LOVE to know who the hell he had come in to examine his family life. Someone that agrees with everything he says, I'm sure. Or he's lying and nobody at all, which leads me to:

I definitely think this is a front. He's trying to appear gentler to gain a larger audience. He loves himself too much to change.

Huzzah! Cabinetman, you are such a little weasel. Glad to have you back. ;)

How much gold did you find? Oh, and what were the final results of your internet spying software? Are you going to be able to track the Jingers that look at your blog? Maybe we have software that spies on you, too! Oh wait, that just sounds ridiculous when I say that. But not when you do, because, you know, PENIS!

8-)

So two things, here:

A. He's an attention whore. He can't stay away for 2 seconds. That's the only reason he is back.

B. I'd LOVE to know who the hell he had come in to examine his family life. Someone that agrees with everything he says, I'm sure. Or he's lying and nobody at all, which leads me to:

I definitely think this is a front. He's trying to appear gentler to gain a larger audience. He loves himself too much to change.

Um...that would be Ken Alexander.

:cracking-up:

That was my reaction in the middle of a wedding speech. I almost shouted out loud!

So two things, here:

Why, Ken, of course-- who better to evaluate his family life?

ooh Lori posted in his comments tonite! She welcomed him back (can we cut & paste it here? Not sure)

WTF on the whole having someone come in & examine their home life? Sounds like a social work home visit to me. Anybody have any other ideas??

Is it wrong for me to think that L. Ron Cupboard is a slur on cult leader L. Ron Hubbard?

*carry on* (I did laugh.)

Ha! Douche.

"I will just moderate those folks into the trash bin so their comments will not show up. Nor will I be following their website or responding to them at all. I’ll admit that I allowed them to jerk me around and I won’t put myself in that position again."

Ah, but you still have to read the comments before they go on the trash. Of course you'll be following here--like someone up thread said, you're an attention whore; you can't not read here. And you may not directly respond to us, but I guarantee we'll see plenty FU FJ posts. Your "mountain sized" ego won't let you not respond in some way.

Nobody believes that you've changed. You're still an awful, abusive asshole.

I will just moderate those folks into the trash bin so their comments will not show up.

Looks like someone's been getting advice from Lori ...

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

Or if you're Cabinetman, stupid as goldfish and mean like geese.

ooh Lori posted in his comments tonite! She welcomed him back (can we cut & paste it here? Not sure)

You sure can. No one beside Ken thinks that the comments section on a public blog is a super sekret private area ;)

Ha! Douche.

"I will just moderate those folks into the trash bin so their comments will not show up. Nor will I be following their website or responding to them at all. I’ll admit that I allowed them to jerk me around and I won’t put myself in that position again."

This is unfortunate. It was the ONE thing that set him apart from Lori and gave me a little bit of respect for him. Now he's just going to be Lori v2.0. Boring!

Oh Elron! :naughty: You claim the world is about to end and instead of spending time with your family you are going to devote more time to the internet? Are there no lost people at the panning for gold tourist trap you are living at so you must turn to blogging to save souls? Or is this not about saving souls but about making yourself feel better? Your faith also appears to be so weak that without a blog you can't maintain it? And we are supposed to think you are good at giving godly advice. When I was a Christian I didn't need a blog to keep me reading the Bible. I used to wake up and pray on the armor of God(Ephesians 6-10 if you haven't read that part of the Bible yet) before I put one foot on the floor. If I had told people in my life that I couldn't maintain a strong faith without being in a position to teach I would have been told that I was in no position to be any sort of leader.

Let's face this Elron, you are doing it because you are an attention whore. You can't stand not having people talk about you. Don't try to act like this is about being godly, this is about craving attention.

The time off gave me a chance to evaluate a few things concerning the blog. This will still be the same blog where we won’t be afraid to speak the truth, but will try to do so with a softening of the corners with love a little more. It’s not my specialty to do that in print I will fully admit. It takes a lot of effort & work for me to do it in written word to someone other than my family but I will put extra effort into trying to do exactly that. Secondly, I will do my best to adjust my language to a christian blog. I can’t promise I will be perfect. There will be times I’m sure I will need grace in this area. But I will continue to teach what I think scripture teaches about how a husband can lead his wife & family with love & strength.

I'm surprised they told him to tone it down. Maybe there was some negative feedback from serious followers about his violent tone... and the literal violence he described...

Edited to fix the quote

I wonder if they'll put back the whole kit and caboodle. I was only just beginning to wallow in sawdust when they flounced and took it all down. :(

Archived