IGNORED

Jinger's Photography

felicity

Just watched the last episode and Jinger has a nice camera rig/lens! Looks like all the years of having pro film crews in the house paid off in that respect - in that she is not shooting engagement pics with a cellphone camera.

Anyway - I was a little shocked she has such a nice camera get-up at her age - but then, I think it could also be a career path for her if she was allowed to pursue that. She has always had an interest in photography, and her images have been published in People magazine, etc. (Dillard engagment photos) - so obviously, she has a nice little portfolio going.

It would be great if she could pursue that in the future - but even if she just continues it as a hobby, it was encouraging to see that someone has invested in her photography passion in the way of a great camera/lens (and I think it was once mentioned that she uses Photoshop, too...episode awhile ago)...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've had that camera for years now. I've seen others using it (including jimbob and josh) so while I think jinger is the photog, I bet it's considered a family camera, not hers. I remember looking at the exif data on a picture a few years ago and being shocked it was one of the most expensive canons and lens. (I think it was photos from their world tour trip). I'm a nikon shooter so can't remember the exact info but it was a canon mk I or II and a 70-200 2.8 lens.

They've had that camera for years now. I've seen others using it (including jimbob and josh) so while I think jinger is the photog, I bet it's considered a family camera, not hers. I remember looking at the exif data on a picture a few years ago and being shocked it was one of the most expensive canons and lens. (I think it was photos from their world tour trip). I'm a nikon shooter so can't remember the exact info but it was a canon mk I or II and a 70-200 2.8 lens.

Even if they "bought it used and saved the difference" - it was probably $4k-$5k for that body/lens combo back when they bought it (and then she probably has other lenses, too) - cha-ching! but maybe they got a great deal, or it was product placement deal or a trade or something... Anyway - good for them and glad Jinger gets to make use of it even if it is a family camera...

You know, it's possible it's a film camera. You could get lovely setups at decent prices when the major brands switched to digital. If Jinger has a film camera, it's possible she has a darkroom somewhere on the property, too. Seeing the photos develop would have helped her develop her "eye".

Sadly, I don't think she'll ever get to pursue photography. It'll just be a "hobby" for her. That makes me sad.

Sadly, I don't think she'll ever get to pursue photography. It'll just be a "hobby" for her. That makes me sad.

Yep and wasn't Jessa the photographer back when Josh and Anna got married? I think they have a nice camera and those who are interested (and old enough) are allowed to use it but that doesn't mean they're going to take classes in photography or start their own businesses. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that Jed or somebody is the photographer in a couple years when they're doing engagement pictures again.

Jim Bob bought the plane for John David so that they could make money under the tax shelter business JB set up, but I don't think the plane is really John David's. He uses it for private family trips and to make money for Jim Bob.

My guess is that if Jinger ever takes photos for friends and acquaintances and the Duggars charge for them, then that's the only reason she's allowed to use it. If Jinger ever decided to leave, she wouldn't be allowed to take the camera with her because it's used for Duggar business.

You know, it's possible it's a film camera. You could get lovely setups at decent prices when the major brands switched to digital. If Jinger has a film camera, it's possible she has a darkroom somewhere on the property, too. Seeing the photos develop would have helped her develop her "eye".

It's definitely a digital camera...

Yeah, that man bought a fucking plane, I don't think that a 5k camera is a big deal for them. Just look at all the huge ass macs, iphones and so on. They are not frugal.

Jim Bob bought the plane for John David so that they could make money under the tax shelter business JB set up, but I don't think the plane is really John David's. He uses it for private family trips and to make money for Jim Bob.

My guess is that if Jinger ever takes photos for friends and acquaintances and the Duggars charge for them, then that's the only reason she's allowed to use it. If Jinger ever decided to leave, she wouldn't be allowed to take the camera with her because it's used for Duggar business.

If she escaped and wanted a camera, I'd totally start a Kickstarter to help her get gear. While stuff like rent and food are important, so is comfort - also, it could help her with ongoing employment. She's clearly talented enough and has the ambition to take it somewhere!

If she escaped and wanted a camera, I'd totally start a Kickstarter to help her get gear. While stuff like rent and food are important, so is comfort - also, it could help her with ongoing employment. She's clearly talented enough and has the ambition to take it somewhere!

I'll donate!

In the episode, it showed Jessa doing most of the "directing." Now, this could just be part of the storyline and making it seem like Jessa is strong-willed or whatever, but I thought it was odd. Doesn't the photographer do the directing of a photo shoot? Jessa was the one telling them where to stand. Poor Jinger, since even though it was her photo shoot, she was overshadowed by the other two sisters who are suddenly taking over the whole show. I feel like she barely even got to talk about her passion for photography. It was just about Jessa.

I would donate money to that!!! Hopefully someone could give her a couch to sleep on while she was finding her feet in New York too!!! :mrgreen:

I would donate money to that!!! Hopefully someone could give her a couch to sleep on while she was finding her feet in New York too!!! :mrgreen:

oooh ooooh pick me pick me!!!!

Yeah... definitely. :? As evidenced by the fact that Michelle said, "Jinger just loves taking pictures." Taking pictures??? WTF?? Taking pictures is what a four year old does with an old camera or what your relative does at a 90-year-old's birthday party. What Jinger does is PHOTOGRAPHY! Michelle's comment just infuriated me!

Yeah... definitely. :? As evidenced by the fact that Michelle said, "Jinger just loves taking pictures." Taking pictures??? WTF?? Taking pictures is what a four year old does with an old camera or what your relative does at a 90-year-old's birthday party. What Jinger does is PHOTOGRAPHY! Michelle's comment just infuriated me!

Mullet unfortunately crushes every dream her children have... unless it's mummy to double digits a la Jill... :snooty:

You know, Michelle won't be happy unless those girls are well on their way to popping out 19 kids just like herself. However, I can't see them doing even that without her feeling threatened and getting jealous. :roll:

In the episode, it showed Jessa doing most of the "directing." Now, this could just be part of the storyline and making it seem like Jessa is strong-willed or whatever, but I thought it was odd. Doesn't the photographer do the directing of a photo shoot? Jessa was the one telling them where to stand. Poor Jinger, since even though it was her photo shoot, she was overshadowed by the other two sisters who are suddenly taking over the whole show. I feel like she barely even got to talk about her passion for photography. It was just about Jessa.

It depends. Some photographers will have an assistant who does all the set-up of the people while they are setting up their cameras. Other's are control freaks who need to do everything themselves. Or they don't have the money to hire the assistant to do the grunt work.

I remember them mentioning last season that Jinger sometimes accompanied Jill to deliveries and photographed them. Jessa as well a few times. I would think they got paid for that so it does seem that it may be a little side business they have going.

If she were properly allowed to pursue photography as a sideline. I have a feeling that she'd be a better photographer than Christopher Maxwell.

I remember them mentioning last season that Jinger sometimes accompanied Jill to deliveries and photographed them. Jessa as well a few times. I would think they got paid for that so it does seem that it may be a little side business they have going.

I wonder if any money they may or may not have made goes straight to JB?

I wonder if any money they may or may not have made goes straight to JB?

I feel like the Bates kids have their own accounts since Lawson has mentioned having to loan money to others in the family. Hopefully all the Duggar kids have accounts. especially those over 18.

I feel like the Bates kids have their own accounts since Lawson has mentioned having to loan money to others in the family. Hopefully all the Duggar kids have accounts. especially those over 18.

I could imagine the Bates' having their own accounts, but I doubt Jim Bob would let his kids have seperate accounts. Maybe a family account (because we've seen Jinger and Jill buy things without parents there)...JB might say "he's saving/investing it" etc. :?

Archived