IGNORED

Jinger's Photography

felicity

Looks like that family has 4 kids under 4. J'chelle's record will be broken in this fundie generation.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we even know if Jinger likes taking pictures? She may do it because it had been approved by Jim Bob and Michelle. It's the same as Steve Maxwell telling Sarah that she will be a writer. Jinger really has nothing else she is allowed to do or like. It's not as though Jinger could say that she wants to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher in an accredited school. I take what the cult kids say they want to do with a grain of salt. They are limited in what they are allowed to like to do. They work with what limited opportunities they are given.

She has says she likes it. Also, photography is one of those things that if you aren't interested in it, the results are evident. Frankly, I think she chose wisely. I'd rather be the family photog than seamstress.

Looks like that family has 4 kids under 4. J'chelle's record will be broken in this fundie generation.

Yeah, she seems to have one a year pretty much exactly. Though she'd have to be about four months along right now to keep on schedule, so hopefully that means they're finally slowing down a little. They certainly seem fertile, and she's only 25 I believe.

ETA: My bad. She had four kids between summer 2010 and summer 2014, which means they are more like 16 months apart each.

• 1 month later...

I was glad to see she got some good advice in picking out a good camera for photography. I wonder if JB flipped the bill or if Jinger bought it of her own money as she is an adult and must receive something from TLC. Jinger is going to be take a lot of pictures in the future so she will have a ton of experience by the time she starts to have her own kids. I hope she always makes time to enjoy photography throughout her life.

IIRC, Jinger has photographed a few weddings and Jessa has photo'd several births.

If Jing escapes, I'm totally sharing her first bottle of wine with her! I bet she's a hoot with plenty of good stories!

I'll bring the second bottle of wine ;)

I'd love to see Jinger have an opportunity /a choice go to a good photography / creative arts school. Sadly she will never get to make those types of choices for her life.

The humpers dont get these kid can only choose careers that agree with their beliefs. But according to them the DUGgar kids are midwives, successful car dealers, police, EMTs missionaries, and world travelers.

Does anyone else see the irony in this? Jana is a concert pianist, Josh does graphic design, and Jinger just takes pictures. For someone who likes to make what her children do sound much grander than it is (Jill is a midwife), J'chelle doesn't have anything grand to say about Jinger.

My MIL had a thing for civil servant jobs- she wanted all of her kids employed in that sector. Anyhow, of her 5 sons, 3 were civil servants and she used to introduce them to people according to occupation (This is B. He is a fireman...)My husband actually worked in corporate America, yet he was only introduced by his first name. My hubs would get so pushed out of shape. He would actually say, "Yes, my name is C. and I am a VP at ___ Company."

Does it strike anyone else as odd that Jinger photographs other people's families (and babies?) but Jill had family portraits/Izzy's newborn photos done by someone else? I would think if you had someone in the family who was decent you'd let them take the photos (for free) rather than someone else.

Does it strike anyone else as odd that Jinger photographs other people's families (and babies?) but Jill had family portraits/Izzy's newborn photos done by someone else? I would think if you had someone in the family who was decent you'd let them take the photos (for free) rather than someone else.

I thought Jill had those pictures done by people magazine. They probably would have wanted to send someone themselves and not cost the Duggars any money as it was part of the publicity for the show.

Seriously, Jinger, we've been waiting for years for you to run. We'll hook you up with the camera. We'll get you somewhere to stay. Whatever you need, hit us up.

(Offer stands for any Duggar who needs to flee)

CAN we say " Free Jinger GO fund me account" :lol: :cracking-up:

I wonder if Jinger could be a volunteer photog for NILMDTS... would be good experience and a compassionate thing to do.

http://Www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org

They had that group come in for Jubilee.

Edit: typo. Damn smartphone.

I wonder if they know that NILMDTS is owned by an ebil mormon? I'm sure they took the freebie for Jubilee, but I can;t imagine them letting their daughter be a part of.

I wonder if they know that NILMDTS is owned by an ebil mormon? I'm sure they took the freebie for Jubilee, but I can;t imagine them letting their daughter be a part of.

So sad. :cry:

I thought Jill had those pictures done by people magazine. They probably would have wanted to send someone themselves and not cost the Duggars any money as it was part of the publicity for the show.

It looks like she might have had one set taken for People by People's photographers, and then a second set by someone named Lisa Mac, who's based in AK: lisamacphotography.com/about-lisa/. Jill thanked her on Instagram, which, along with the photographer's location, makes me think those weren't the pictures for People.

I think it would be wonderful (and not to mention great PR and much better ministry than going to El Salvador and talking at bored villagers) if Jinger volunteered for NILMDTS, though I doubt it would happen. But NILMDTS is a truly great organization (though judging by their Form 990 they have a looooooooot of overhead in proportion to their revenue).

Jessa and Ben went to In and Out and it's owned by Mormons. At least I think it is. Isn't it? But bible verses on the wrappers make it all okay.

Honestly, Jinger has pretty good shots and it is an understatement for her mother to just refer to her as someone "Who takes pictures" because she is more than that. If only someone in TLC could hook her up to one of the photographers on their payroll (they gotta have photographers on their payroll for publicity photos for their channel) then Jinger would be off to a better future and if J'Bob takes away the camera from her, lets start a Kickstarter for her to get her very own camera and lens set as suggested by one of the posters here.

Seriously, Jinger, we've been waiting for years for you to run. We'll hook you up with the camera. We'll get you somewhere to stay. Whatever you need, hit us up.

(Offer stands for any Duggar who needs to flee)

No kidding. The girl probably has no idea the freebies she could bum off of us. Her wish is our command. Need housing? Need tuition? Need food? Need a camera? Need counseling or other healthcare? Check, check, check, check, and check.

Of course, if she wants a $60 million jet to match Creflo's, we might run into some financing issues. :lol:

What do u mean by tax shelter business? ?

I think Jinger only takes pics for friends and Family, so u know they dont have to buy actual Gifts...

They allow her to take pics, cuz they are to cheap to pay a real photographer. Not to say she doesn't a good eye, she does... but that family is super cheap...

The only Family Pics they take are the ones TLC Pays for. I was so pissed they tried to pass off a new family pics for the show as something they were doing for themselves on their owm.... ....

If 1K people came to the wedding, and a lot of them "Volunteer" do they still have to buy gifts?

Jim Bob bought the plane for John David so that they could make money under the tax shelter business JB set up, but I don't think the plane is really John David's. He uses it for private family trips and to make money for Jim Bob.

My guess is that if Jinger ever takes photos for friends and acquaintances and the Duggars charge for them, then that's the only reason she's allowed to use it. If Jinger ever decided to leave, she wouldn't be allowed to take the camera with her because it's used for Duggar business.

Do we even know if Jinger actually likes photography? It may just be a fundy girl approved activity. Or it may just be something her parents felt was appropriate for her to do. Jill was the midwife, Jana the Doula and Jinger the photographer. Maybe she does it because it is something to do, not because she loves it and wants a career out of it. I take anything the Duggars "like to do" with a grain of salt because they are not allowed to try anything not Gothard approved. Remember Jinger and wanting to live in a big city? Oh wait, Jill made sure we knew that Jinger just wanted to live near a Walmart.

Do we even know if Jinger actually likes photography? It may just be a fundy girl approved activity. Or it may just be something her parents felt was appropriate for her to do. Jill was the midwife, Jana the Doula and Jinger the photographer. Maybe she does it because it is something to do, not because she loves it and wants a career out of it. I take anything the Duggars "like to do" with a grain of salt because they are not allowed to try anything not Gothard approved. Remember Jinger and wanting to live in a big city? Oh wait, Jill made sure we knew that Jinger just wanted to live near a Walmart.

I believe you're right. Iirc, photography was one of Gothard's approved activities for the wimmins. If she didn't want to train as a midwife or doula then she didn't have that many other options.

I think In and Out is owned by run of the mill conservative Christians. I found an piece from the Desert News that identifies the founder as a born again Christian - if anyone is going to claim it as a Mormon company, Deseret News would.

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1700/1/I ... roots.html (not breaking b/c it's a news site)

In N Out might have been founded by Christians, but they're Christians that apparently have actually read the Sermon on the Mount. They treat their employees well and pay fair wages.

Besides, the Dude goes to In N Out and, well, the Dude abides.

I think In and Out is owned by run of the mill conservative Christians. I found an piece from the Desert News that identifies the founder as a born again Christian - if anyone is going to claim it as a Mormon company, Deseret News would.

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1700/1/I ... roots.html (not breaking b/c it's a news site)

Thanks for this. I could've sworn the chain was Mormon-owned.

Archived