IGNORED

If Only the TLC Producers would....

Free Them All

Ben is two years older than Joy and two years younger than Jessa. It makes more sense for him to be with Jessa — WHO, by the way, is a legal adult. Speculating about Joy's sexuality is breaking FJ rules.

No one is speculating about Joy's sexuality. They were talking about how age wise, Joy would be more suited for Ben. By the time she's 18 he would have established himself in the world.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

show the contrast between Duggar kids and educated kids living in the real world.

The producers did a good job of showing Jim Boob and John David contrasted with Ben and Derick. Idiots vs educated....

No one is speculating about Joy's sexuality. They were talking about how age wise, Joy would be more suited for Ben. By the time she's 18 he would have established himself in the world.

To be fair, saying "I can see [ben and Joy] getting on" is a sexual comment. Unless I'm misunderstanding the phrase, which is probable.

Joy can be considered more suitable for Ben only if you're already assuming the wife should be younger than the husband. Sounds very Duggar!

To be fair, saying "I can see [ben and Joy] getting on" is a sexual comment. Unless I'm misunderstanding the phrase, which is probable.

Joy can be considered more suitable for Ben only if you're already assuming the wife should be younger than the husband. Sounds very Duggar!

"getting on" can also mean friendship as in "Get along well with one another". US stats show that the wife is typically younger than the husband when the two of them marry young. It has to do with the fact that boys don't finish maturing until their early twenties when girls mature much earlier. Most people don't want to be raising their spouse. It's why you don't see large age gaps until both parties are older. But hey you want to call me a Duggar for that go ahead. I would have been booted out of the family years ago.

"getting on" can also mean friendship as in "Get along well with one another". US stats show that the wife is typically younger than the husband when the two of them marry young. It has to do with the fact that boys don't finish maturing until their early twenties when girls mature much earlier. Most people don't want to be raising their spouse. It's why you don't see large age gaps until both parties are older. But hey you want to call me a Duggar for that go ahead. I would have been booted out of the family years ago.

That is a very Duggar rationalization all right!

I am sure Joy would puke at the thought of being with Ben anyway. She is a minor anyway.

I am sure Joy would puke at the thought of being with Ben anyway. She is a minor anyway.

She is a minor that is true. but you have to remember she'll be 17 at the end of October. and 17 is the age at which Michelle Married Jim Bob so talking about Joy in terms of who she will marry really not that strange.

Ben is two years older than Joy and two years younger than Jessa. It makes more sense for him to be with Jessa — WHO, by the way, is a legal adult. Speculating about Joy's sexuality is breaking FJ rules.

Who pressed your buzzer? If you are going to continue handslapping, go back under to the rock you crawled out from under.

If only TLC would consistently point out the Duggar's extreme Cult of Gothard fundamentalist Christianity as much as they would do in a show about any other non-mainstream religious family. I would like TLC to prominently brand the Duggars as "followers of Bill Gothard" and "quiverfull."

I really believe if they did a reality show about a Hasidic Jewish family, or a Wahabi Muslim family or Amish family --the very 1st thing TLC would tell us would be about their religion.

With the Duggars-- the TLC spin is "oh look at this cute family with a ton of kids and "old fashioned small town values....oh yeah, they are some sort of conservative Christians..but never mind about that."

Agreed, and I've never understood why people who interview the Duggars are always so easy on them. It's like there's some kind of unspoken agreement between news outlets not to ask questions that annoy the Duggars or make them think critically. I see snarky news articles and snarky websites, but no one ever seems to ask the hard questions about their belief system. I'd love to see someone, ANYONE hit them with the really difficult ones, such as, have you ever asked any of your daughters if they were molested by Bill Gothard at Journey to the Heart? Why would you send them to a place that has the potential for so much abuse? If they were molested by him, how would you address the issue?

Those are the kinds of questions I'd like to see.

:cracking-up: :lol4: :laughing-rollingyellow:

You can go back under your rock now. You've given me one heck of a laugh.

"leak" some footage from when the Duggars think the camera is off. J'Chelle whips off her Mullet to show give her spiky blonde hair a breather and the girls all race each other up the stairs to put on sweatpants. . .

I'd love to see someone, ANYONE hit them with the really difficult ones, such as, have you ever asked any of your daughters if they were molested by Bill Gothard at Journey to the Heart? Why would you send them to a place that has the potential for so much abuse? If they were molested by him, how would you address the issue?

Those are the kinds of questions I'd like to see.

Also questions like "do you realize your children's wedding / baby registries are taking advantage of the GENERAL PUBLIC leghumpers and VERY un Christian like?" Also they go against the philosophy you live by... :angry-banghead:

Recognize that the Duggars are wearing political Tee Shirts on the show that send their message, they are sending their children to the Holocaust Museum to preach their political message, they secured their oldest son a job working with a Washington DC political hate group and they are using TLC to publicize their large family and then sneaking in their politics as often as possible. This family is using its fame to advance their politics. TLC should not allow this.

If TLC treated the Duggars like other tv shows treat members of extreme religious groups, there would be pop ups saying things like "Female Gothard Followers are encouraged to wear their hair long" and "Midwifery is one of the approved jobs for Gothard females" instead of allowing the bullshit of "oh, we just like to all wear our hair long, I guess. What a coincidence!" to just slide by...

PS Of course TLC is aware that the Duggars are using their fame to advance their politics. TLC is deliberately marketing the right wing fundy demographic.

Archived