IGNORED

If Only the TLC Producers would....

Free Them All

If only the TLC producers would tell us what Jeremiah or Jedidiah or Jana or Josiah or any other Duggar child is doing these days. Ask them what they are up to these days and then let them tell us. No contrived plot lines, just honest answers.

If only the TLC producers would lessen the wedding planning stuff and just show the wedding. We have seen the photos.

If only the TLC producers would quit asking Moochelle about her courtship rules. Ask her what her children are doing now. See if she knows.

If only the TLC producers would quit hiding Jim Boob's focus on Bill Gothard's rules to live by......expose him!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would SO like to hear TLC ask JB and Michelle about the possibility of one of the kids deciding to have more liberal courtship/dating/engagement rules. What if someone wants to kiss, hug normally, and hold hands? I'd like to hear a real response from them. I'm tired of hearing how each couple decides for themselves not to kiss, hug, or hold hands. It is so obvious that is what the parents want. What if a Duggar adult child said "no thanks" to the rules? How would JB and Michelle handle that?

JB and Michelle have said many times that they'd let their kids make their own choices but then go and say they "all discuss and agree on" the standards for their courtships. And it's pretty obvious that their "instant obedience" emotional manipulation is so deeply ingrained in their kids that they would probably not even consider not following the "courtship rules." They seem totally convinced that each decision they make is truly their own when it is so obviously not. Jana is 24 years old, for Christ's sake. She's a grown ass woman and will have 10 year olds chaperoning dates with whoever she ends up with, who could very reasonably be in his late 20s or 30s. If your kids are that old and you can't trust them not to strip naked the first second they're alone with someone...you've f*cked up.

I'm sure some of them have already "messed up." I think Michelle's statement about marriage and keeping all of your problems private within your family probably says a lot about what is going on here. The kids doing the "right" things get featured and the ones who don't are just pushed into the background, and they hope no one will notice. It will probably just get worse as more of them reach adulthood.

I can't wait until one of them decides to set their own rules. I don't think it will be Jana. I'd like to think it'd be Jinger, but that might be too optimistic. Then again, Jana has been gone so much recently, and soon Jessa will be gone too...poor Jinger will LOSE IT in that house without any of the older girls. Joyanna's got plenty of sass so between the two of them, I hope they find their own way.

I think that the idea that they're choosing their own courtship rules is a bald-faced lie, actually. Not just that they are trained to obey whatever their parents want, which is also true, but that the rules are absolutely and openly (within the family) chosen by the parents. When Derick and Jill were holding hands after getting engaged, Joy exclaims that it's weird because it's 'against the rules' and Derick responds by saying that he 'asked and got permission'. That's not even a little bit like choosing your own courtship rules. I'm tired of this particular ruse on JB and Michelle's part. It's clearly a lie.

Michelle has basically admitted that the kids don't get to choose. In one of the question and answer episodes. she was asked what would happen if one of the kids accidentally kissed a guy. she blathered on but she did say that if it wasn't the person they were going to marry that was probably not okay so something like that which of course we all know means if they kissed someone they are in big trouble.

Take Jinger out and get her hammered for her 21st in December then start asking her for her honest opinions on a few things.......

I feel the same way about a number of TLC shows. It would be much more interesting to get a truthful glimpse into lives, not these intensely sanitized edits. But they have to keep the money flowing and I guess the editing formula works with plenty of viewers.

If only there could be a celebrity wife swap between Michelle and June Shannon from Hony Boo Boo. June would have JB submissive to her, and would make time for the kids. Bonus if Uncle Poodle moves in too. Sugar Bear wouldn't put up with Michelle's fundie bullshit, and neither would the kids. She would be forced to do household chores without the help of a buddy system. I would pay to see that!

TLC has such crap shows but they seem to be so wildly successful. I mean, we live in a world where the Kardashians are news every single day on yahoo. I glance at yahoo news almost every day and I honestly believe there has been some kind of Kardashian news every time.

I think of TLC as rubbernecking an accident. Normal doesn't sell. The Duggars aren't winning anyone to Christ with their show. Doubt they are even winning anyone to their beliefs or parenting methods.

That being said, TLC should develop a show combing the ideas of the Amish and Alaskans escaping to the Big City and have some of the Duggar kids escape to NYC.

If only there could be a celebrity wife swap between Michelle and June Shannon from Hony Boo Boo. June would have JB submissive to her, and would make time for the kids. Bonus if Uncle Poodle moves in too. Sugar Bear wouldn't put up with Michelle's fundie bullshit, and neither would the kids. She would be forced to do household chores without the help of a buddy system. I would pay to see that!

I'd die if they did that wife swap. I LOVE Mama June. I think it says a lot about the people watching these shows that everyone quickly lumps their family into being trashy and lazy when in reality they are probably one of the most tolerant (and feminist!) families on TV. She is such a loving mom and she truly wants her kids to be happy and to feel comfortable in their own skin. I can't even imagine what the Duggar kids would come out of that swap thinking!

As a woman in her 20s with terrible (but typical) body image issues, I just have a lot of respect for how comfortable her kids are with their bodies and sense of self worth. They are told they're valuable and worthy no matter what whereas the poor Duggar kids always seem like they have to sacrifice every bit of individuality to "earn" their worth :(

Take Jinger out and get her hammered for her 21st in December then start asking her for her honest opinions on a few things.......

OMG yes, drunk Duggars!

They should get all the ones of legal drinking age drunk and see if they yell at eachother and let out all of the years of rage and negative feelings hidden behind the pasted on smiles. I wonder which ones would be sat there crying and screaming at their parents/siblings who they hate or have problems getting along with. Which ones would start throwing punches? Who will reveal dark family secrets?

Maybe wait for a few years.......so Josiah can join in cause I bet he has something to say.

If only the producers would use instant replay with Dr. Phil analyzing their actions or responses.

Man, I would pay to see Dr. Phil uncovering the truth and his response to their parenting techniques and his reaction to Michelle being so disengaged from her kids.

I'd like to see a wife swap with Kris Jenner or one of the Sister Wives!

Man, I would pay to see Dr. Phil uncovering the truth and his response to their parenting techniques and his reaction to Michelle being so disengaged from her kids.

That. And cross examine Boob on why he consistently throws Michelle's "baggage" in her face every chance he gets?

I personally wouldn't be interested in Dr. Phil's "expertise" on the Duggars, but his website does have some good (applicable) information regarding mind control. Love the line about developing a "good BS meter". :clap

drphil.com/articles/article/578

OMG yes, drunk Duggars!

They should get all the ones of legal drinking age drunk and see if they yell at eachother and let out all of the years of rage and negative feelings hidden behind the pasted on smiles. I wonder which ones would be sat there crying and screaming at their parents/siblings who they hate or have problems getting along with. Which ones would start throwing punches? Who will reveal dark family secrets?

Maybe wait for a few years.......so Josiah can join in cause I bet he has something to say.

The ensuing catfight might be something to behold. Starting with Jana's resentment over the jewellery box incident. Would Jessa admit she's been "defrauding" Bin during secret trysts in the Guest-warehouse? Drunk Jinger would be on her phone booking a flight to NY - "Fuck all y'all I'm outta here"....... But then JD offers to fly her himself on "Buy Used" airlines. Josiah would be absent as I think he's earned himself permanent residency at Alert.

The ensuing catfight might be something to behold. Starting with Jana's resentment over the jewellery box incident. Would Jessa admit she's been "defrauding" Bin during secret trysts in the Guest-warehouse? Drunk Jinger would be on her phone booking a flight to NY - "Fuck all y'all I'm outta here"....... But then JD offers to fly her himself on "Buy Used" airlines. Josiah would be absent as I think he's earned himself permanent residency at Alert.

Hahaha yeah! I bet Jessa would be the first to throw a punch, hopefully at one of her parents.......she certainly isn't sweet. Or Jana, over the jewellery box, beware the quiet ones, she might have plenty of things to say without her shyness holding her back-but I see her being more of a crying over every little thing sort of drunk. Either that or Michelle! She seems like she is seconds away from a complete mental breakdown, and has plenty of stored up rage. I think drunk Michelle would either be telling the kids how much she hates them and doesn't regret the years she spent neglecting them, or sat in a corner, crying and rocking over the loss of her fertility. Ewwwwwwww I also bet that Michelle and Jimbob would have sex on the sofa right in front of their kids and give zero fucks who sees.

Michelle has basically admitted that the kids don't get to choose. In one of the question and answer episodes. she was asked what would happen if one of the kids accidentally kissed a guy. she blathered on but she did say that if it wasn't the person they were going to marry that was probably not okay so something like that which of course we all know means if they kissed someone they are in big trouble.

Maybe that's why they off and married Jill and Derick so fast, -because they defrauded each other with that scandalous front-to-side-hug when he came home from Nepal. Michelle bobble-headed, "I'm sure they won't let that happen again."

That, of course, is assuming alcohol will affect the Duggars that way. Everyone is different. For me personally, alcohol is the only hing that allows me to discuss certain things calmly without screaming at people.... When I'm drunk I'm super chill. Sober me would be screaming at these people about their religious insanity.

It's why I never set foot In a church while sober anymore...

That, of course, is assuming alcohol will affect the Duggars that way. Everyone is different. For me personally, alcohol is the only hing that allows me to discuss certain things calmly without screaming at people.... When I'm drunk I'm super chill. Sober me would be screaming at these people about their religious insanity.

It's why I never set foot In a church while sober anymore...

:lol:

Maybe that's why they off and married Jill and Derick so fast, -because they defrauded each other with that scandalous front-to-side-hug when he came home from Nepal. Michelle bobble-headed, "I'm sure they won't let that happen again."

I'm like 85% sure that full-frontal hug resulted in baby Dilly, which is why they had to rush the wedding.

Every time they say "full-frontal hug" I think "full-frontal nudity," because that's the only time sane people usually say "full-frontal." I'm sure the Duggars equate the two.

Derick should've dry-humped Jill at the airport in the style of Boob & J'chelle.

Archived