IGNORED

Why Courtship is Not Fundamentally Flawed

roddma

I thought this deserve it's own thread from the "Why COurtship is Fundamentally Flawed". There have been many reactions to it. Of course the Maxwells had to retaliate. How hypocritical they accuse the author of unBiblical thinking when their own model is hardly Biblical.

titus2homemaker.com/2014/08/why-courtship-is-not-fundamentally-flawed/

Edited to fix broken link - please just cut off the http:// prefix, no need to replace . with the word DOT.

Just FYI, the person who writes the blog you linked to is not the Maxwells, although her blog is somewhat similarly named.

I was going to read what she wrote but then realized she wrote 7 installments on the subject!

Just one thing I've never been clear about, how is courtship any more biblical than dating? Where are the verses that tell people to court?

Just FYI, the person who writes the blog you linked to is not the Maxwells, although her blog is somewhat similarly named.

I was going to read what she wrote but then realized she wrote 7 installments on the subject!

Just one thing I've never been clear about, how is courtship any more biblical than dating? Where are the verses that tell people to court?

They're in the book of hezekiah

They're in the book of hezekiah

To the bolded, brilliant! :lol:

Courtship vs. dating isn't mentioned in the Bible. Those who demand it from their followers seem to use a mish-mash of cherry-picked verses starting with honoring your father and mother, depending heavily on that ultimate misogynist, Paul, with a touch of Ezekiel for verisimilitude.

Here's that unmarried asshole Gothard's take on it complete with his chosen bible verses:

billgothard.com/teaching/courtship

Archived