IGNORED

"I'm having an abortion this weekend"

SquirrelySquirrel

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

Has there been a follow up post? It's Monday, did the procedure go well? (I know it's not terribly risky but all procedures come with risk, really.)

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

Has there been a follow up post? It's Monday, did the procedure go well? (I know it's not terribly risky but all procedures come with risk, really.)

I haven't seen any updates, and I read all of the comments last night.

I'm thinking maybe she won't post a follow-up, just to show that life goes on and it;s really no big deal. The Right likes to scare people into thinking they will have regrets, their lives will be ruined, blah blah blah.

I had an abortion at age 23 or so. I had moved out of my abusive parents' house at 18 when I left for college. I knew I was not with the "right" guy for raising kids, AND neither of us was where we wanted to be when we had a family, financially or mentally. We had been using TWO kinds of birth control, sponge and condom. Condom broke, and I guess the sponge failed.

Abortion was the right choice for me. There was no way in hell I was going to walk around pregnant at my job, so when people on the Internet say "you should put the child up for adoption!" ...hel-LO I would have been a single girl working at a bookstore toddling around 9 months pregnant with somewhat shitty healthcare and having to work 50 hours a week to get by. Hells NO. I had no support system, just me. I did not want a baby, period.

Every guy I dated, I made sure to discuss birth control and my abortion views with, because it was just that important to me. My mom had me at 15, and as soon as I figured out THAT math, I was convinced there was no way I was going to end up that way...I was still a virgin at 20 because of it!

Anyway, my point is, it was a procedure, no big deal, I moved on. No regrets, no "what-ifs," no crying. We don't all sit around pondering and second-guessing the choices we have made in life.

Archived