IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Her Kids Didn't Need Her

Once again we have Lori admonishing women to do things the "godly" way when she in fact did NOT do so.

We are once again reminded by the woman who had a nanny how much children need their mothers. The woman who brags about making her kids spend no less than two hours in their rooms each day is reminding the rest of us how badly kids need to be in the presence of their mothers. So - all children everywhere, from the beginning of time need to be with their mothers. Except Lori's; because kids bug her.

Then we have all sorts of daycare providers chiming in to disparage working mothers, completely ignoring the facts that they would have no income for their own families if these women were not working and leaving their children with a daycare provider. :angry-banghead::angry-banghead: Lori reminds us that if a man can provide a home and food for his family, then a woman should not work. Does that mean that the husbands of these daycare operators are NOT providing for their families? After all, if these husbands were providing well for their families, their wives would not have the need to babysit other people's children.

I just love it when Lori's readers fall all over themselves to Out-Christian each other.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori Alexander:

God wants mothers to be home with their children. It is so sad that so many women don't believe this.

Lori Alexander:

We have a preschool down the street from us. It breaks my heart to see mothers leave their babies all day long.

Lori Alexander:

Your Children Want YOU!

Lori Alexander:

All my children had to be in their rooms for two hours a day resting or reading.

Lori Alexander:

Lucy was a Nanny sent from heaven who never wanted to let Cassi cry, so she held her hours a day.

Those kids probably relished the time alone from Lori. It was most likely their happy time.

But in all seriousness, fuck you Lori.

Thank goodness Lori found a nanny with more maternal love for her own children than she herself could be bothered with.

You know, if I left my child at a daycare and found out that sitter was on a blog slamming my decision to do so, I'd promptly find a new place to leave my child. Perhaps, oh, I don't know, a place where the sitter modeled acceptance and empathy.

Those kids probably relished the time alone from Lori. It was most likely their happy time.

I think you are right. I do wonder what her children think when they read her blog and see how she holds herself up as the model Christian mother when she clearly didn't enjoy raising them.

This is exactly it.

The way she's shared that her kids feared her, I've got no doubt that they also enjoyed the peace and relief of the time away from her.

And we can't have a discussion on home and family without blaming the WWII generation:

Lori Alexander's avatar - Go to profile

Lori Alexander · 1 hour ago

All this only happened since WW2. Everyone knew before that that women's primary role and responsibility was in the home. What is really sad is that even Christians have fallen for the lie that women should have careers and it is okay to put their children somewhere for others to raise

My grandmothers were so selfish!! How dare they find jobs to support their children while their husbands were off fighting that pesky war! And how dare they even consider taking a job on an assembly line so that a factory could keep running, while...again....WAR!

Thank God Lori was born a generation too late. The home fires would not have burned very brightly had she been left in charge.

Lori, what the heck?? Your posts make no sense. You say kids want their moms and ONLY THEIR MOMS, OMG!!! Did you forget telling us you had a nanny, even if she was just part time or what not? That makes Jesus cry, at least according to you now.

And Lori, try to tell better stories about yourself on the blog you made to glorify yourself. I mean, really!! In her own stories she isn't very nice to anyone (ever)--kids, husbands, neighbors, or animals-- and now that she is nice® it's only because she fakes it. For Jesus.

I shouldn't be surprised she deleted my comment.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but didn't you have a nanny for your own kids? How can you condemn all working mothers when so many work because our GOP fights against wage increases that might help more fathers and husbands make enough money to support families on one income? Or condemn women who divorce abusers? You are financially privileged. You are wealthy and could afford a nanny instead of a cut-rate daycare. I'm not wealthy, but am lucky enough my husband makes enough to support us. How is it right for us to judge the women who do what they must to feed their children? How often do you pull out your debit card to pay for the groceries of the young mother in front of you at the store? When was the last time you wrote to any politicians asking them to raise minimum wages or increase food stamps so that children can eat? Children lay love their mothers, but a mother's love won't put food in their bellies.

You've also demoted a father's role from parent to wallet. Maybe your kids didn't care for their dad, but mine get upset when their daddy is gone for more than a few hours. But he comes home at the end of the day, they run up to him for hugs, and tell him about their day. They don't love him any less for him being gone so he can support us. I guarantee you, children don't love their mothers any less just because their mothers have jobs.

Also my comments are now on auto-delete. That comment right there was my first and only. When I try now, it auto-deletes.

So her friend Robin is a shitty caregiver, so shitty that the kids she watched did nothing but whine for their mommies to save them from her, and this means that all daycare is bad. When I need to use childcare, my kids get excited because they see the sitter as a big sister, and there area couple special things that are reserved only for time with their "sister." Hm. I wonder what Robin would make of that.

{You cannot convince me that Mrs. Proverbs 31 hired a sitter so she could sell pretty fabric.}

Nah, she probably exchanged childcare duties with another working mother.

Also my comments are now on auto-delete. That comment right there was my first and only. When I try now, it auto-deletes.

A badge of honor as far as I'm concerned.

From what I've read of this woman (I did peruse much of her site), she seems definitely mean spirited and a little scary. The first entry I read, she was deleting comments left and right and I didn't feel they were particularly bad. They just disagreed with her and I guess she can't handle that. Right then and there, I decided that I would not be commenting.

Lori Alexander:

Lori Alexander:

Lori Alexander:

Lori Alexander:

Lori Alexander:

That's very telling, imo. Where was Lori when a nanny was holding her child for hours a day?

I shouldn't be surprised she deleted my comment.

Again, this would have been a great time for LoriKen to have a mature and reasonable discussion with someone who has different views than they hold. They have accused Free Jinger of being intolerant and unwilling to accept others' views, yet they cowardly hit the delete button time after time. They know their hypocrisy is blatant and they are scared to death that their fans (all three of them) will find out about it.

Again, this would have been a great time for LoriKen to have a mature and reasonable discussion with someone who has different views than they hold. They have accused Free Jinger of being intolerant and unwilling to accept others' views, yet they cowardly hit the delete button time after time. They know their hypocrisy is blatant and they are scared to death that their fans (all three of them) will find out about it.

In a reply to another comment, she said a man's role is a provider, that's it, and the kids will know they're loved by Daddy working so much.

I genuinely want to know how it's okay for her to have a nanny, but wrong for others, and how she can condemn moms who have to work so their children don't start to death.

A badge of honor as far as I'm concerned.

:dance: I wish there an emojie that cried happy-tears and waves a little hankie saying "thank you!" or quoting Susan Lucci. "You love me! You really love me!"

In a reply to another comment, she said a man's role is a provider, that's it, and the kids will know they're loved by Daddy working so much.

I genuinely want to know how it's okay for her to have a nanny, but wrong for others, and how she can condemn moms who have to work so their children don't start to death.

The same way it was fine for her to use contraception but everyone else has to be quiverful to be truly godly.

All the talk on Lori's site dissing moms who use nannies gets under my skin. If a child cries at a caregiver's house it's probably because the caregiver isn't good at their job. A good daycare will be educational and fun for kids. Something they enjoy while still loving their mommy and daddy completely. ETA: Not trying to judge any caregiver that does deal with a clingy child, that's a different situation than a kid just not liking the place because it's boring or neglectful. It's sometimes the parents' fault if a child is not comfortable with anyone but the parents. A well-adjusted child will usually love a place with interesting toys, yummy snacks and a loving person who will play games and read books with them.

Poor Lucy. Nannying for Lori must have sucked!

Nannying is hard work, especially being a nanny for a mother who doesn't care much for her child. One of the moms i used to babysit for was especially bad. Her conversations were only about herself and family. This mom would even stay at our house talking for hours after she'd signed out on the timesheet when she came to pick up her child, and use me as a dumping ground for her complaints about life, and then try to invite herself to stay for supper with our family! She was married but her hubby often traveled. She didn't need to use daycare, she had just wanted to have free time because she didn't like caring for her son, and go back to school when he was 9 months old instead of waiting til her son entered kindergarten. She'd even get upset if her child was too content and happy playing when she came to get him - she wanted him to cry in relief after missing her, but at home she would let him cry for hours and post jokes about his crying on facebook. Ending that nanny job was sweet release. Thankfully the little guy didn't suffer, she just found another kind soul to love him for her, after i was all used up. To that little guy daycare was actually a haven. So it's not all one-sided, Lori.

I have no judgement for anyone who uses daycare, even that mom. At least she recognized that she wasn't the best caregiver for her son -- and God knows all moms need a break sometimes! But for sure any mom should treat the person who watches their child with the utmost respect and true friendship, which that mom did not do. Their child is the most precious thing in their life! I don't know why she never recognized the fact that i was freeing her up and loving her baby for her while she was doing her own thing. No mom should be that clueless to take advantage of a caregiver's kindness and expect them to be a doormat without showing gratefulness and true friendship in return.

But everyone who has to use babysitters should definitely expect their child to enjoy being at the babysitter's. Crying like Lori's commenters describe could be a red flag that they aren't being cared for well, not just pining for mommy like Lori wants us to believe.

Lori Alexander:

Unfortunately, the government has contributed to the rise of single, working mothers by making divorce so easy, handing out free condoms {which encourages promiscuous behavior, free abortions, and more money for more children}. When mothers become widows, the bible exhorts them to get married if they are young or have family support them or the church when they are older. I so disagree with the government paying for childcare so mothers can work low paying jobs. That harms the children terribly. Bottom line, the break down of the family is causing ALL this harm to children. So very, very sad.

~Divorce is too easy (I guess we should force women to stay with their husbands until they can prove to Lori or a like minded individual that they deserve the right to divorce)

~Condoms and abortions = single mothers :evil-eye: :evil-eye:

~If your husband dies when you're young you need to remarry so you don't have to work. If your husband dies when you're older let the church support you.

Perfect :roll:

And we can't have a discussion on home and family without blaming the WWII generation:

Lori Alexander's avatar - Go to profile

Lori Alexander · 1 hour ago

All this only happened since WW2. Everyone knew before that that women's primary role and responsibility was in the home. What is really sad is that even Christians have fallen for the lie that women should have careers and it is okay to put their children somewhere for others to raise

My grandmothers were so selfish!! How dare they find jobs to support their children while their husbands were off fighting that pesky war! And how dare they even consider taking a job on an assembly line so that a factory could keep running, while...again....WAR!

Thank God Lori was born a generation too late. The home fires would not have burned very brightly had she been left in charge.

Yeah- something's change for the better.

Lori Alexander:

~Divorce is too easy (I guess we should force women to stay with their husbands until they can prove to Lori or a like minded individual that they deserve the right to divorce)

~If your husband dies when you're young you need to remarry so you don't have to work. If your husband dies when you're older let the church support you.

Unless she followed it up with a description of her church's ministry to feed and care for widows and included photos of herself donating funds and volunteering time to battered women's shelters, and toys for Angel Tree kids her words are empty.

Lori Alexander:

She doesn't want single mothers to receive money for their kids, nor does she want mothers to be allowed to work. Basically fuck the kids, they can starve once they're born.

What, exactly, is objectionable about this comment?

"Yes, fathers are called to provide for their families, but aren't these daycare providers performing this job so they can add to the family's income? Clearly, their husband's income is not sufficient. If not for the working mothers dropping off their children, those women would then have to go out and find jobs outside the home. It really is a vicious circle. I, too, am uncomfortable with hearing such disparagement from daycare providers toward the very families who pay them each week."

Anybody? I guess I am banned too.

Archived