IGNORED

Arndt Annual Softball Classic

0 kids n not countin

This year it will be held at the "family homestead". Any FJers living in the area should attend. ;)

This summer’s FamTeam Weekend/Softball Classic will be held on Saturday evening, August 16, and Sunday, August 17 here at the family homestead!

This will be the 16th annual Classic.

G76C9409.jpg

What's up w/Mommy Arndt? She can't wear a t-shirt like the rest? She has to wear one of her blouses over the t-shirt, and why only sleeveless for Mary-Elizabeth?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the typo in the title!

Sotball: a game played solely by Arndts habitually drunk on God. :mrgreen:

I think I see a tiny glimpse of white short-shorts on Mama Arndt. Forget her blouse, if the short-shorts fail to make an appearance in summer the sky will fall in.

I'm glad Mary-Elizabeth is showing signs of being a teen in cutting the sleeves and neckline of the T-shirt to make it a tank-top. Isn't she almost 17 now?

Oops, my bad, fixed the typo in the title. :embarrassed:

I believe Mary-Elizabeth will be 18 this coming January.

It looks to me like Mary-Elizabeth has rolled up the sleeves of her shirt. I used to employ this method to prevent the dread "farmer's tan" when I was but a wee lass.

Mama Arndt is presumably filling the role of fundie-approved team cheerleader and too ladylike to partake in team sports. :roll:

People always make the joke about having enough for a softball team...I guess that's really true in this case.

Last year's event was at a baseball park. I wonder why they aren't leaving the homestead this time.

Maybe the penguins don't want to leave home. :lol:

Would insurance being a problem in using the local park? As an individual here, it is basically impossible to hire a sporting facility for an event because of the insurance requirements. This may not be as much of a problem if you hold the event at home.

Maybe the penguins don't want to leave home. :lol:

The ducks can't do without their mothers for more than half an hour.

I'm betting that attendance has been waning as the novelty of 13 young bucks wears off into the weirdness of 13 approaching-middle-age guys. So why go to the trouble of reserving a park and hauling equipment, etc., when you have acres of your own?

And, remember, at the family funny farm they are Safe At Home.

And, remember, at the family funny farm they are Safe At Home.

Luv it. I'd consider going, but have an uneasy feeling that a free preview of Vine Valley might be part of the "free" admission. Could. not. take. that. :pink-shock:

Here is a 4 year old thread where locals are discussing Rick's Softball "Classic"...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/belleville-il/T2Q7RA1I256CP58IB

Read the comments, they are pretty funny.

OMG, from the topix comments:

Mar 28, 2014

A friend told me he saw one of the boys walking around a party with a stuffed penguin sticking out of the fly of his pants telling people that his little anarctic buddy needs a girlfriend to warm him up -- very, very odd.

This has to be one of us, right??

I think "Wally" is one of the Arndt man-boys.

That's what I thought.

Definitely. Do they actually play anyone? I have never understood this one.

(That phrase pops up a lot about the Ardnts)

Definitely. Do they actually play anyone? I have never understood this one.

(That phrase pops up a lot about the Ardnts)

they play people they meet in their softball league.

• 4 weeks later...

5 days until this thrilling event! Someone please go and report back. Anyone? Truthteller?

I would go if I still lived in the St. Louis area. :wink-penguin:

This family fascinates me so much that I wish there was some way I could figure out how to go. I have not been able to convince my husband that traveling several states to watch man-children play soft-ball in their yard is a good idea for an end of summer family vacation. :lol:

Yes, someone please report back on the exciting foods they eat during the event. Hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. :penguin-no:

OK, I hadn't been to the Ardnt site in ages. The picture of Mark holding a word document and his dad saying "Mark was instrumental in creating the Classic fliers." is just odd. Mark's a grown man. The document he is holding appears to be in Word. The documents mom has pinned on the wall also look like I could have created them in Word.

What is the big deal that a grown man is able to do this?

I believe, but am not sure, that they have pulled some of the age info from the "meet the family" part, possibly because everyone is getting so old. Are there 3 boys younger than the daughter, who someone said will be 18 in the next few months? 8 or 9 adults, no mates? Maybe even they decided it was weird.

Love the comments from the locals whomever sent that link.

OK, I hadn't been to the Ardnt site in ages. The picture of Mark holding a word document and his dad saying "Mark was instrumental in creating the Classic fliers." is just odd. Mark's a grown man. The document he is holding appears to be in Word. The documents mom has pinned on the wall also look like I could have created them in Word.

What is the big deal that a grown man is able to do this?

I believe, but am not sure, that they have pulled some of the age info from the "meet the family" part, possibly because everyone is getting so old. Are there 3 boys younger than the daughter, who someone said will be 18 in the next few months? 8 or 9 adults, no mates? Maybe even they decided it was weird.

Love the comments from the locals whomever sent that link.

the comments were great.

Who'd want to marry them?

Wally is pretty damn creepy; showing up year after year on Topix of all places. Must be one of the manboys, if not Daddy himself.

Wonder what he thought of this post: "A friend told me he saw one of the boys walking around a party with a stuffed penguin sticking out of the fly of his pants telling people that his little anarctic buddy needs a girlfriend to warm him up -- very, very odd."

Mary turns 18 in January. She'll be the 11th adult child living at home. Not a single rebel amongst them. Even Peter Pan would have by now taken an accounting job and moved into a St. Louis condo to escape the mind-numbing dullness of that perpetual childhood. Legos and penguins and ducks, oh my!

Archived