IGNORED

Not always right fundy fail

ladypuglover

The Devil You Know

Clinic | New York, USA |

(I am getting ready to wash a resident’s open wound. While I am putting on my gloves, the resident sees that I am wearing a ring

that marks me as a member of a certain Christian sect. It is a sect that many other Christians do not consider to be Christian, and there is a fair bit of prejudice towards us.)

Resident: “Is there anyone else who could do this?â€

Me: “[Coworker] is the only other person on the unit today qualified to do this. Is something wrong?â€

Resident: “Your ring. I don’t want to be touched by one of you demons. You’re a sex-crazed cult.â€

Me: “I am sorry you feel that way, ma’am. If you’re uncomfortable with me, I can certainly get [coworker].â€

Resident: “I’m so glad you’re here. Her lifestyle is just so sex-crazed and evil. It’s frankly un-Christian!â€

Coworker: “You do know that she is a virgin who has never smoked or drank in her life and carries a picture of Christ in her wallet, right?â€

Resident: *speechless*

Coworker: “Oh, and one more thing. I’m an atheist, I live with a man I’m not married to, and I have three kids.â€

That's hilarious.

I wonder what sect she belongs to. Mormons often have CTR rings, and everything else would fit her being one, but very few non-Mormons would recognize a CTR ring.

That's hilarious.

I wonder what sect she belongs to. Mormons often have CTR rings, and everything else would fit her being one, but very few non-Mormons would recognize a CTR ring.

I wondered this too.

I've seen Mormons wearing "LDS" rings -- I thought that was what she meant....

That's hilarious.

I know the CTR ring because a good friend of mine who was mormon gave me one (I think I had said I liked hers, and wore about 12 rings at the time.) Just asked my BF, he had no idea what a CTR ring would mean. It would be surprising that a fundy would be aware of this.

I still wonder what type of ring it was but found CTR rings here;

ctrringstore.com/

Tried to see if JW rings came up and only got more CTR rings or why JW's think most wedding rings are pagan.

But if you look at this:

Resident: “Your ring. I don’t want to be touched by one of you demons. You’re a sex-crazed cult.â€

Resident: “I’m so glad you’re here. Her lifestyle is just so sex-crazed and evil. It’s frankly un-Christian!â€

That makes me think that the person thought the "me" was a poly-marriage mormon. Or is there another sex-crazed religion out there? If there is, please tell me as I may or may not want to join. :shhh:

a long azz link to CTR images:

http://www.google.com/search?q=CTR+ring ... d=0CC8QsAQ

Jeez, my husband has been back and forth to Sloan-Kettering all summer. You'd be surprised at the "unusual" types working here. They are also one of the best cancer hospitals on the East coast. I say, leave the suture kit and let her stitch up her own bad self.

Archived