IGNORED

Deth to Duck Dynasty?!

MamaJunebug

Guess I'll have to accompany you...we played both the BeeGees and KC and the Sunshine Band at our wedding and I still jam out to the disco station on Sirius.

*hands head in shame*

The Soul Train dance line starts behind me. :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, hey!!! When speaking of the BeeGees, show a little respect, will ya. I still bust out in a smile when I hear one of their songs on a oldies station. Doesn't everyone? No?

I'll show myself out now.....

Every other Friday we break out the "One Night Only" concert DVD. Hubs thinks he's Barry and the kids get their instruments and jam. Love it!

Every other Friday we break out the "One Night Only" concert DVD. Hubs thinks he's Barry and the kids get their instruments and jam. Love it!

Barry must be in his 60s at this point and I still get the urge to strip and lie down on the nearest horizontal surface if I catch one of his rare interviews. No Robertson even comes close to making my tired ovaries want to boogie.

Hey, hey!!! When speaking of the BeeGees, show a little respect, will ya. I still bust out in a smile when I hear one of their songs on a oldies station. Doesn't everyone? No?

I'll show myself out now.....

I like the Bee Gees too, though I can understand people thinking they got over saturated after watching Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band . . .

I live in a very conservative area, a pocket of red surrounded by blue. At the local grocery store, all the registers have "inspirational" books and other media by them. Cosmo's down another aisle next to the dish soap and bleach. Making a statement there? I don't know.

At Valentine's, there were big heart boxes of DD candy. I am not kidding when I say none sold. I picked up the box you'd grab first, put a tiny indent in a certain spot on the back, and checked on it when I went back to the store. Everything else was selling, but DD isn't romantic enough. They candy was discounted to $1 before it finally started selling. People weren't willing to pay more even for just the candy.

Now there are Meet the Robertsons DVDs in a big display. They were $15, then $10, and now they're $5, and they're still not moving. I asked the lady attending the self-checkout, and she confirmed people aren't buying the even for $5, when last year they couldn't keep DD stuff on the shelves.

Seems like their fans are the older, hard-right people who are too set in their ways to open their eyes, and those people aren't the ones buying the swag, which is why that 18-49 demographic is so important.

Good grief, Duck Dynasty Valentine's Day chocolates? Never actually caught those, I can't decide if that's better or worse than the DD cosmetic sets I saw. I wonder if it's ever occurred to these guys that it actually might not be a good idea to slap their mugs on every piece of merchandise in existence.

I did see the Meet the Robertsons DVDs, and they aren't moving in my area, either. I wonder if a large part of the backlash is due to people who are offended that DD is releasing its own version of the Bible.

Eh, I just think people have moved onto the next big thing. I feel like Reality TV has been having a slow death...it will never go away, but I think the trend is moving towards dramas again. There are so many well written and well acted shows out there, why spend your time watching a show about a bunch of redneck pretenders?

I don't have an issue with the beards. We all change our style over the years. I used to get up at 6AM to curl my hair, and go to class in pantyhose, heels and a skirt when I was in college. I think I last wore pantyhose on my wedding day.

Maybe people are tired of the over-saturation. I think the amount of DD crap sold in Walmart is ridiculous and they lost me at the women's underwear.

I don't have an issue with the beards. We all change our style over the years. I used to get up at 6AM to curl my hair, and go to class in pantyhose, heels and a skirt when I was in college. I think I last wore pantyhose on my wedding day.

Maybe people are tired of the over-saturation. I think the amount of DD crap sold in Walmart is ridiculous and they lost me at the women's underwear.

The beards were not so much a "change of style" though as--for the younger generation--they were a conscious way of creating a "redneck" persona for the sake of marketing the television show. And that's why the before the show family photos of the sons and their wives/children that look like they all fell out of a J. Crew catalogue are not sitting well with some fans who fell for the whole schtick. Giving up pantyhose (in a world in which most people have given them up) is a very different thing than making the drastic change they did which just happened to coincide with the beginning of their show. Another interesting fact is that the show carefully avoids filming their homes in much detail because they are modern, well decorated mansions that do not match the "redneck" image. My relatives (bless them...) didn't realize they were that wealthy until the attention that came to all of it after the infamous interview.

In short, a lot of people who thought that the show (and all reality television) was "real" have learned otherwise.

Wait - women's underwear?! :pink-shock:

Every time I think the merchandise can't get any worse, it does. Now I'm gonna be expecting an illicit line of Duck Dynasty adult toys out there somewhere.

Wait - women's underwear?! :pink-shock:

Every time I think the merchandise can't get any worse, it does. Now I'm gonna be expecting an illicit line of Duck Dynasty adult toys out there somewhere.

When I read women's underwear, I was like "what??" Seriously?

It does have me wondering what's next.

Erotic underwear? Complete with beards attached for that special feeling. :ew:

:brain-bleach: :pfft: :soda: that would kill any feeling for sure.

Erotic underwear? Complete with beards attached for that special feeling. :ew:

I was getting ready to eat lunch but I've suddenly lost my appetite!

I was getting ready to eat lunch but I've suddenly lost my appetite!

Ugh, me too. :lol: And the worse part is, we're probably giving their merchandising people more ideas. :shifty-kitty:

There was a HUGE amount of DD merchandise displayed at our local WalMart stores last year. Beach towels, lip balm, sunglasses, decor items, a poker set (what?!), shirts, caps, and yes, women's cotton camo panties. There was a ton more, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. Now, most of it is on clearance. Imagine that.

Even marked down I am sure it is profitable as it is so overpriced. Is duck disintary is responsible for the cammo fashion thing going on?

Even marked down I am sure it is profitable as it is so overpriced. Is duck disintary is responsible for the cammo fashion thing going on?

You can't go through a single men's t-shirt rack without finding tons of them for $5, but yes, probably still profitable.

As for the fashion trend, yes and no. Locally, camo has never been out of fashion. Ever. Even one of my kids has a Realtree shirt that he absolutely loves - but he screeches when he sees something camo that he thinks he would like, and sees a DD logo. I mean, the kid gets major pissed off about it. Both of my kids loathe them, because most of the local kids are were so hung up on them that my kids got sick of it.

As for areas that saw a sudden huge increase in the camo trend where it's not the norm, yes, I'd say these bearded jackwagons are responsible for it.

Bee Gees? No, just no. Ugliest, weirdest brothers ever. The hair, the teeth, the other teeth. The turtleneck jumpers and very tight pants (might explain the breathy high pitched warbling I guess).

You fan girls can have them all to yourselves. And keep them far far away from my eyes and ears thanks.

I'm a huge U2 fan, nearly thirty years (yikes! did I just type that-I'm old), but I'd feel awfully odd wearing U2 panties. Especially when Bono had his unfortunate mullet.

Bono%2B2.jpg

Duck Dynasty panties? Is there any product this collection of phonies won't market? What's next Duck Dynasty tampons? Tampons? Well, considering Phil is such a misogynistic douche I doubt there would be DD tampons. DD pads, perhaps, the old school kind you wear with a belt.

I may snark on the Duggars, but the only Duggar merchandise I can think of is their books and DVDs. Duggar panties? :ew: Even my ass isn't big enough to showcase all the Duggars and their blessed countenances.

And what fresh hell is this?

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/d ... 07931.html

Thank God he's running for office now instead of a couple of years ago... maybe with the recent meh toward DD his chances are shot. :lol:

Just what we need another rep for god running for an office. Let me guess. hate the gays hate the aborters hate the poor lower taxes for the rich. Have I hit all his points on the head?

Just what we need another rep for god running for an office. Let me guess. hate the gays hate the aborters hate the poor lower taxes for the rich. Have I hit all his points on the head?

immigration -- treat immigrants poorly :evil:

Archived