IGNORED

Deth to Duck Dynasty?!

MamaJunebug

Thank God he's running for office now instead of a couple of years ago... maybe with the recent meh toward DD his chances are shot. :lol:

I think merch isn't moving because their fan base is mostly poor people who can't afford to keep buying more stuff, but those people can still vote. I'm concerned that that asshole has a chance of winning.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:text-goodpost: the leadup to that was awesome, DGayle :laughing-rolling:

if there is any justice in the world, their spot in a hell-like place for several lifetimes is reserved. They should tremble.

Well, lord love a duck, and here my husband thought he was being romantic when he got me the deluxe box of Godiva chocolates for Valentine's Day. Clearly he got it all wrong, the Duck Dynasty chocolates are the most romantic thing EVAR!! :lol:

And I had a look at those links for Duck Dynasty girls' panties and nightgowns. I will retire to my corner now, where I plan to spend the rest of the evening weeping and rocking gently as I grieve for humanity. :ew:

i was scared to click those links too, but at least the undies were just pink with some camo/little ducks/random hunting crap and not their faces. The nightie on the other hand... really. Pink, yeah but still more disturbing imo than the Justin Bieber crap that walmart sells. :lol: (but just slightly) Like any 5 year old kid is going to see a robertson photo and think hunting? even if they like to hunt? :roll:

when in the history of the world has a 60 year old dude's picture been put on things for children (santa and the monopoly man get a pardon)

GODDAMNED FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!!!! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

dont hold back tell us how you really feel.

i thought that said "filth" instead of faith (really)

[attachment=0]gag a maggot.JPG[/attachment]

:lol: I can see that!

dont hold back tell us how you really feel.

If I let loose like I want to, I'd probably type a wall of text filled with swears with plenty of screaming at the GOP fuckers who thought Robertson worthy of honor. My anger hasn't yet abated.

They are overexposed in their merchandizing efforts, and since they market themselves as humble Christians, the sheer "in-your-face" greed is probably turning off a lot of their target buyers.

But even more than that I suspect what is starting to sink them is the availability and wide distribution of their "before" pictures. No one likes to be made fun of, and that is exactly what these poseur preppies are doing when they play dress-up-like-redneck to make some extra cash. They are having a laugh all the way to the bank at the expense of a subgroup that is economically marginalized and has always felt marginalized by the elites. And the Robertsons are elite wolves in sheep's clothing.

If Phil had kept his bigoted mouth shut, he would have given the family more time for their cosplay. The interview peaked interest in them and the long knives in the form of wide distribution of pictures of how they actually live came out.

I thought of this thread today when I was at a Barnes and Noble store. The had DD stuff on the 50% off table.

Why a bookstore ever had DD stuff to begin with I have no idea.

I thought of this thread today when I was at a Barnes and Noble store. The had DD stuff on the 50% off table.

Why a bookstore ever had DD stuff to begin with I have no idea.

post-10046-14451999168498_thumb.gif

eta the music on this site is hilarious redneckbabynames.com/female-baby-names. ROW FASTER LOL i keep replaying it because my kids are having a hoe down

I was in a BN bookstore a few months back and I didn't see any DD crap there. But I could have missed it. I've seen Kardashian crap sold at BN stores in the past, so it wouldn't be surprising that DD stuff would be sold at some BN stores.

I agree with AreteJo, the "before" pictures are probably what is sinking them in with some of their former fans. I can see karma biting the Robertsons later on. Their Bible says "Pride goeth before the fall."

I was in a BN bookstore a few months back and I didn't see any DD crap there. But I could have missed it. I've seen Kardashian crap sold at BN stores in the past, so it wouldn't be surprising that DD stuff would be sold at some BN stores.

I agree with AreteJo, the "before" pictures are probably what is sinking them in with some of their former fans. I can see karma biting the Robertsons later on. Their Bible says "Pride goeth before the fall."

Haven't seen DD stuff at the local BN, but the last time I was in, there was a big display of the kids' books that Rush Limbaugh is writing - and that he somehow won an Author of the Year award for. I shit you not - http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... year-award . "Rush Revere" - ego much?

Haven't seen DD stuff at the local BN, but the last time I was in, there was a big display of the kids' books that Rush Limbaugh is writing - and that he somehow won an Author of the Year award for. I shit you not - http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... year-award . "Rush Revere" - ego much?

What???

Although the book has never been a critical favorite — one review accused it of "disdain for even the most rudimentary standards of storytelling" — it has been an enormous commercial success.
:confusion-helpsos: i weep for humanity :lol:

There was so much outrage in the kidlit community over this. The book was awful - awful reviews across the board - and totally tanked. But his loyal supporters lauded it and it somehow made the list. But, if you want a laugh, read the Kirkus review which sums it up as "Exceptionally bad." :

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-revi ... -pilgrims/

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-revi ... -patriots/

That's about as funny as the review that called it bad historical fan fiction (not a direct quote, but I need to find it again). Probably implying Rush as a Mary Sue character.

ETA: Found it!

Alexandra Petri of the Washington Post described it as “historical fan fiction that Rush Limbaugh has written about himself.â€
Petri also did a blog post of the 15 best lines from Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2013/12/06/the-15-best-lines-from-rush-limbaughs-historical-fanfiction-about-himself/

Back to the original annoyances -- again today, I heard "That's why Duck Dynasty got canceled!" spoken by a local radio host who's been around far too long to rattle out misinfo -- yet the same stuff comes up in a search --- "DD ratings are low .... will it be canceled? ..... Patriarse Phil's comments were troublesome or they weren't ....."

It was more interesting, come to think of it, that the radio host said he'd never looked at DD, "maybe I've seen a total of 2 minutes, changing channels," he seemed to shrug.

He's a Southern fellow who's made it reasonably big in the local market and who speaks quite candidly about the trials of being an unschooled, Southern farm boy transplanted to a suburban Northern [sic] school in southern Illinois.

I mention this because if anybody lived the DD "life" it was this guy, who acknowledges being brought up with hunting guns and backwards ways. To me, that's a pretty explicit diss of the genuineness of the DD's presentation as rednecks.

Radio host's page: frankopinion.com

His dismissal of the show as not worth watching tells me all I need to know -- except, of course, that it has indeed been pulled from the ole box. All in good time, I suppose.

Archived