IGNORED

The one where Cabinetboy starts a blog

Koala

Of course, it was her PRIDE that nearly destroyed the marriage.

Funny how I never learned that pride = serious hormonal/chemical imbalance that causes someone to have outbursts of violence and actively plan to commit suicide. Those details, which were previously provided here, are mysteriously missing now.

Decided they didn't fit the image he was trying to portray. The truth can be fluid when it is changing for God, and all.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was Cabinet Boy who was stronger than 98% of men.

Stop mischaracterizing him! I just read those threads, and it was 99%, Miss Feminist!

I'll bring my list of potential nicknames for Cabinetman here from the other thread, in case anyone wants to make use of them:

FurnitureFellow

BureauBoy

SideboardSwain

BreakfrontBloke

ChifferobeChap

HutchHombre

HoosierHubby

WardrobeWilly

ArmoireAss

StorageSchmuck

TansuTool

CredenzaCreep

Oh fml, so Wardrobe Willy has his own blog now. Let me try to make this clear one more time, creep: no, nobody is trying to threaten you or your family. You are paranoid and controlling, but this has far more to do with your own insecurities and failures as a man than with any perceived threat on our part. If you were really as good of a husband and father as you say you are, you wouldn't feel the need to brag about it and isolate your wife the way you do. A lot of your justifications for why you do things a certain way are along the lines of, "But if she hadn't provoked me, I wouldn't have had to beat her!"

And you never did explain to me how treating women with respect because they are good keepers of the home and family is a recipe for the fall of society.

OK, I managed to miss the primary FJ experience with Cabinetman -- I take it he came here for a while? Can someone link me to that thread? I am feeling the need to catch up… :dance:

He turned up in the last Ken Alexander thread mega thread, I think. Started spouting off a lot of nonsense about how he was totally justified in isolating his wife because she was being rebellious, and that any good, Godly wielder of penis would have done the same thing. Then he accused us all of threatening his family when all we did was look at info that he himself posted publically on Ken and Lori's blog and Facebook. :roll:

Not sure where he is in there, exactly, but try "Ken Alexander Explains it All" in the FJ search.

OK, I managed to miss the primary FJ experience with Cabinetman -- I take it he came here for a while? Can someone link me to that thread? I am feeling the need to catch up… :dance:

It was a like a two-for-one when he showed up right after Ken. Fundie Friday lasted what, nearly a month? As entertaining as it was, it's probably best read in small doses. The stupid gets a little deep at times. :lol:

Stop mischaracterizing him! I just read those threads, and it was 99%, Miss Feminist!

Clearly I did this on purpose because I am am Ebil Miss Nazi Feminists! :twisted:

I have noticed in real life and on the internet that the people who go on about how in looooove they are and constantly using the "my sweet, precious wife" or "my darling handsome husband" are usually the ones with marriage problems. And you can see that in his blog. He talks on about how he tells her he loves her and always calls her his "sweet wife" or "beautiful wife", but it none of it seem sincere. He is trying to convince himself and us that they are really in love. People who are actually in love and have happy marriages don't have to put on a show to prove it.

It was a like a two-for-one when he showed up right after Ken. Fundie Friday lasted what, nearly a month? As entertaining as it was, it's probably best read in small doses. The stupid gets a little deep at times. :lol:

Found where Ken showed up, will read from there. A bit at a time, lol. Thanks to you and to R&M!

PS -- if I'm not back by Thursday, send a search party! :lol:

I'll bring my list of potential nicknames for Cabinetman here from the other thread, in case anyone wants to make use of them:

FurnitureFellow

BureauBoy

SideboardSwain

BreakfrontBloke

ChifferobeChap

HutchHombre

HoosierHubby

WardrobeWilly

ArmoireAss

StorageSchmuck

TansuTool

CredenzaCreep

LOL! One more that I remember from the old thread was DresserDude. Maybe shorten it to DresserDud. So many choices :lol:

Buried deep in the wife's wall of text is this bit:

My husband and I had another fight. I was done. I left. I honestly didn't know what I was going to do. All I knew was I wanted out. However, I wasn't sure that I could just divorce him. Knowing him, it wouldn't give me the freedom I desired. We had kids together, and my gut told me that he'd still try to control me {my perception of control anyway}, even if I was no longer his wife.

Keep that quote in mind as you read his posts declaring that he's the bestest husband who is so totally in love with his wife that he wouldn't let her divorce him.

She didn't leave because she thought that he'd still be trying to control her. 'Cause that's not a sign of a creep or anything.

I didn't read much of the Ken mega threads and I don't visit Lori's blog because I really just don't give a shit what she thinks, but just by some of the comments on this thread, this guy sounds pathetic.

I'm going to sort of cover up a lot of info in this next story for obvious reasons. I know a guy. Let's call him "Ben". Ben has served his country for several years now. Just recently, I found out about an incident that happened a couple of years ago. No one knew, but Ben volunteered to go into a war zone on a mission. He had a special skill set that others on the mission needed. While there, he was shot at and injured. And yet, he still managed to run his way out carrying nearly a hundred pounds of gear (as everyone else had just as much crap to carry, no one could lessen his burden). At one point, they had to discard anything on them that may point to who they were as capture was a good possibility. This mission was classified by the government so that not even most people in Ben's chain of command knew about it. There are many men and women in the military similar to Ben who do heroic, brave, and unacknowledged things every day. You don't see them on the internet bragging about it. It is a fluke that I even know what happened to Ben. He has gone on with his life as if nothing ever occurred. No bragging, no boasting, nothing. Maybe Cabinetboy needs to take a lesson from my friend.

I find that if someone feels the need to brag, then it's most likely due to low self-esteem. And the incident/skill/physical attribute isn't nearly as impressive as they make it out to be. It's the ones who do things quietly and without fanfare who are the most impressive.

Clearly I did this on purpose because I am am Ebil Miss Nazi Feminists! :twisted:

I have noticed in real life and on the internet that the people who go on about how in looooove they are and constantly using the "my sweet, precious wife" or "my darling handsome husband" are usually the ones with marriage problems. And you can see that in his blog. He talks on about how he tells her he loves her and always calls her his "sweet wife" or "beautiful wife", but it none of it seem sincere. He is trying to convince himself and us that they are really in love. People who are actually in love and have happy marriages don't have to put on a show to prove it.

It is all Koala's fault.

Why it is that men like cabinetjerk have to have a wall of text to get to their point? His fingers type a lot of words, yet he never really says anything of importance. Just a lot of chest thumping and ball scratching.

It looks like he is a ray of sunshine wherever he goes. You see, he was all about showing the women he was right on another blog, and he was there to challenge them because he is all tough. When they, too, gave it to him, I guess he fled and started his own blog. Seems to be a pattern with him.

I still laugh thinking about him coming here acting the way he did. For such a big, tough, strong guy, he sure did cry a lot and run away. :lol:

It's no fun if *they* don't control the delete key :roll:

I have noticed in real life and on the internet that the people who go on about how in looooove they are and constantly using the "my sweet, precious wife" or "my darling handsome husband" are usually the ones with marriage problems.

Goes along with that impression that they are constantly holding hands to prevent punching one another, doesn't it?

Ooooh, I just love it when Ken and Cabinetman pop up. It's like seeing a really crazy, intolerable old friend.

My husband likes when they post stuff also. I suspect it's because I read it and laugh (he likes my laugh, and my happiness, I suppose) and then look over at him and say "I love you, honey. Thank god you are nothing like these douche canoes."

I have noticed in real life and on the internet that the people who go on about how in looooove they are and constantly using the "my sweet, precious wife" or "my darling handsome husband" are usually the ones with marriage problems.

No wonder he didn't like me much...I rarely (if ever) say those things to my dh. I do call him a variety of names, most of them aren't very nice and/or are very sarcastic. He does the same to me. Those who don't know us would think we were on the verge of divorce. Nah, I love the big, dumb Polack and he loves his little fat Cuban (aka Crazy ass Cuban). BUT...we feel no need to try to be all sweet and stuff. Folks that do that shit are one step from divorce court and are trying like hell to avoid killing each other.

Cabinetman, I KNOW you still read here...and all I have to say is that you're a pencil-dicked, erection-challenged ASSHOLE. I don't give a good goddamn how big and strong you claim to be...ain't no man I know of can out run a bullet...

I don't give a good goddamn how big and strong you claim to be...ain't no man I know of can out run a bullet...

lI3ybyq.jpg

Decided they didn't fit the image he was trying to portray. The truth can be fluid when it is changing for God, and all.

I'm starting to believe that 99% of these guys couldn't tell the truth about anything if their life depended on it.

I find that if someone feels the need to brag, then it's most likely due to low self-esteem. And the incident/skill/physical attribute isn't nearly as impressive as they make it out to be. It's the ones who do things quietly and without fanfare who are the most impressive.

I agree. Those that brag about manly, godly, content with being SAHM and SAHD, and happy they are, usually aren't posting about it all over the internet. It's as if they are trying to convince the rest of the world how happy they are when deep down they are not. This is why they get so defensive when anybody asks them hard questions. They just don't want to admit how fucked up their lives are.

My wife was a mess from the beginning.... It did not help that she reacted to the birth control pills she started before the wedding and even though she only took them six months, have changed her body and hormones to this day....We spent the next decade... in constant strife, hardship; and I would not be overstating it by saying we lived in a war zone... I was constantly fighting for our marriage, she was constantly fighting against our marriage.

Buried deep in the wife's wall of text is this bit:Keep that quote in mind as you read his posts declaring that he's the bestest husband who is so totally in love with his wife that he wouldn't let her divorce him. She didn't leave because she thought that he'd still be trying to control her. 'Cause that's not a sign of a creep or anything.

Wow. So basically she realized at the beginning that it was a mistake to have married him. They conveniently blamed her struggles on birth control pills. Eventually their lives came to a shitty impasse through her "submission". He blogs to puff himself up, while she hopes that blogging is enough of an outlet to keep him from damaging the relationship more. While they struggle to make it through because they believe staying together is the best thing to do.

And it's all out there for the world to see and analyze while they deceive themselves into thinking they're ministering by being so open about their struggles. What a trainwreck. Hopefully their kids have enough outside exposure to healthy relationships to keep from repeating the cycle.

Goes along with that impression that they are constantly holding hands to prevent punching one another, doesn't it?

I didn't read much of the Ken mega threads and I don't visit Lori's blog because I really just don't give a shit what she thinks, but just by some of the comments on this thread, this guy sounds pathetic.

I'm going to sort of cover up a lot of info in this next story for obvious reasons. I know a guy. Let's call him "Ben". Ben has served his country for several years now. Just recently, I found out about an incident that happened a couple of years ago. No one knew, but Ben volunteered to go into a war zone on a mission. He had a special skill set that others on the mission needed. While there, he was shot at and injured. And yet, he still managed to run his way out carrying nearly a hundred pounds of gear (as everyone else had just as much crap to carry, no one could lessen his burden). At one point, they had to discard anything on them that may point to who they were as capture was a good possibility. This mission was classified by the government so that not even most people in Ben's chain of command knew about it. There are many men and women in the military similar to Ben who do heroic, brave, and unacknowledged things every day. You don't see them on the internet bragging about it. It is a fluke that I even know what happened to Ben. He has gone on with his life as if nothing ever occurred. No bragging, no boasting, nothing. Maybe Cabinetboy needs to take a lesson from my friend.

I totally agree. My brother, one of the bravest people I know, has actually won two bronze stars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Star_Medal) for stuff he did in Afghanistan and Iraq. Know how we know this? His CO mentioned it to my father at one of his promotion ceremonies. My brother's only response when we asked him about it? "Lots of people did lots of really hard stuff over there." If you have to tell people who great you are, it's because no one else will!

ViolaSebastian, "escritoire fellow"? I literally LOLd right here in my cube. You are exponentially even more magnificent in my eyes (and not just because you're named after the twins in Twelfth Night)!

Hmmmm....more names to consider. How 'bout Chiffarobe Young'un?

I can't remember who came up with it, but "Chiffonier Lad" from the Cabinetboy mega thread made me laugh til I cried.

I can't remember who came up with it, but "Chiffonier Lad" from the Cabinetboy mega thread made me laugh til I cried.

I believe that was also ViolaSebastian, and I think that might have been what set me off on having all of those other possible nicknames pop into my head.

Wow. So basically she realized at the beginning that it was a mistake to have married him. They conveniently blamed her struggles on birth control pills. Eventually their lives came to a shitty impasse through her "submission". He blogs to puff himself up, while she hopes that blogging is enough of an outlet to keep him from damaging the relationship more. While they struggle to make it through because they believe staying together is the best thing to do.

And it's all out there for the world to see and analyze while they deceive themselves into thinking they're ministering by being so open about their struggles. What a trainwreck. Hopefully their kids have enough outside exposure to healthy relationships to keep from repeating the cycle.

I feel sorry for the kids, but fear they may be seriously damaged. She's homeschooling. He hates most churches, keeps a bunch of guns, and seems generally anti-social. I can't see these kids having much in the way of outside influences or exposure to normalcy. Plus, you've got a mother who seriously attempted suicide and a father who basically took away any means that she had to leave the marriage. Remember, this is the guy who took away the car keys and told her she couldn't talk to the ladies at church.

I fear that the boys may grow up confusing courting with stalking, and having no ability to accept the word "no" from a woman. I also fear that the girls may grow up to confuse love with obsessive control.

Also, it's not just hard-core feminists who seem to have issues with him. He was a bit too much for Lori's readers. He also got in trouble at the Peacefulwife blog, even though she's a submission-preaching blogger who is basically a slightly younger and more articulate Lori. He can't stand most churches, even though he seems to live in a pretty conservative area. Sheila Gregoire of To Love, Honor and Vacuum makes his blood boil - even though her blog is simply giving advice on being a good wife and mother and having better sex within sex. At some point, you've got to say that if all these diverse people have a problem with you - the common denominator is YOU.

Even the churches that heard how he treated his wife had a problem with it. It sounds like she was scared of what he would do to her if she left him. Of course she says she is happy, what other option does she have? What would he do to her if she said she hated this and wanted to leave his controlling ass?

Archived