IGNORED

Amy "Duggar" and her 2 hour fraktacular

Buzzard

"Michelle popped em all out."

Except she didn't deliver Amy ..........

Did one of the idiot leghumpers say this? I swear, you'd think they'd know more about this family if they cared about them so much.

I'm just wondering what else came of this whole project besides the 2 week special - was it only the 2 weeks, did she even intend to do anything past that? Did she even move out of her house and into a new place in Nashville and live on her own there? And it's hard to believe you're doing this on your own when your mom and grandma are with you the whole way. This whole thing is just such fake bullshit and they must really take their fans to be idiots (which I guess, as shown above, a lot of them are).

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did one of the idiot leghumpers say this? I swear, you'd think they'd know more about this family if they cared about them so much.

I'm just wondering what else came of this whole project besides the 2 week special - was it only the 2 weeks, did she even intend to do anything past that? Did she even move out of her house and into a new place in Nashville and live on her own there? And it's hard to believe you're doing this on your own when your mom and grandma are with you the whole way. This whole thing is just such fake bullshit and they must really take their fans to be idiots (which I guess, as shown above, a lot of them are).

I think the bolded is bc her 1st hour still had the "I'm Michelle" intro.

While in Nashville, they stayed in a hotel. A hotel. She didn't even attempt to look for places or anything. That's not what this special was about. It was about her pretending to sing. It was about her meeting with some guy who prodded her to come out there to his recording studio (I wonder if mom came along bc she was worried this guy wasn't real or was a freak). I was about her being given two songs she never heard before and having to learn them perfectly in 24 hours. She recorded the songs, sang them at the open mic the next day where some random music producer saw her and said she *might* talk to Jamie about hearing her again, and then she went home. That's it.

No. That's not it. It was a complete and utter waste of two hours worth of airtime. To quote Jamie, "That was horrifically awful". In the first ten minutes or so of the 1st hour she was cute and tolerable. That quickly changed and it became annoying. She had to have said on at least half a dozen occasions that "I have some big news" "I can't wait to tell them what I have to say" "They're going to shocked at what I have to tell them". Seriously, Amy, you aren't that special and everyone knew what your "big" surprise was. Get over it and get over yourself. Because we all did a long time ago.

I was wondering if TLC had suggested the idea of a spin off show (maybe even a summer filler show) featuring Amy and her efforts to break into the country music industry. Then, someone upstairs put the kybosh on the plan and limited it to "we'll pay for her to spend two weeks in Nashville and get a two-hour special out of it." And even then, half the time was filled with old footage.

The only reason I would wish that TLC would pick up the tab for an entire summer of Amy in Nashville, would be for Grandma Duggar to have more than two weeks off from laundry duty. But then again, if she's fool enough to put up with that kind of drudgery, maybe I ought to stop feeling sorry for her.

I honestly don't see why the name thing is a big deal. There is an actress named Amy Jordan, so if she wants a career that name's already taken(not that Amy's a SAG actress, but repeating names just causes confusion). I think it's smart to market herself as a Duggar.

That's probably why she started using "JordYn." It is different and they are in different genres of entertainment for it to matter.

I used to kind of like Amy. Like that time when they went to Branson and she made that quip about how they could buy nails for .30 apiece at any hardware store and laughed at how they were going through the whole effort of making them there. She seemed to be able to be a part of the whole Duggar thing but was making a conscious effort to not drink the kool aid. I am kind of disappointed with her now. It's true she's still very young. I'm sure the whole connection thing is a great temptation to play, especially when you're thinking about something as enticing as a singing career. But it does seem she's joined the whole publicity thing and though she may see herself as different because she dates and wears jeans, she's a whole lot more like them than she realizes. I hope she grows out of it. Maybe if she has some good solid disappointments in Nashville it will help her get a little more real...

edited for typo.

I kind of liked Amy too, in the very first episodes we saw her. But the series has been going on since 2009 now and like I bolded, maybe it would have been more tolerable if she had grown out of it. But it doesn't seem like it. I feel like she's using the show to gain a sort of semi-fame and that's it. She's not doing anything else to really pursue her dream of becoming a singer, is she? :/

So, was the special boring or boring? I didn't even bother to watch.

Maybe Amy should have watched a bit of the show Nashville to buy a clue that it is difficult for even talented people to break in to the music business.

Difference between a nanny and a babysitter is regularity. Ababysitter looks after your kids now and then. If they come every monday and Thursday, they're a nanny.

The difference isn't that concrete. As a nanny, that's what I say. But, I worked for a family where I worked 830-5 every day and I was still called their "babysitter."

Er, babysitter is a synonym for nanny.

Maybe Amy should have watched a bit of the show Nashville to buy a clue that it is difficult for even talented people to break in to the music business.

How does she not know that just from existing and having interaction with the real world?

They should have named this show A Duggar Leaves Home for 5 Minutes!

Yeah, seriously. I left home, today, too. I went to the grocery store. But then I came back. I left home, yesterday as well. And I'll be leaving home tomorrow. Damn, I should have my own special.

Doesn't a nanny get paid a regular salary? They also get vacation and sick days. A nanny is like a second parent to children. I think they're also contracted just like a regular job. Babysitting can be irregular work. Btw nothing wrong with baby sitting, but it's very hard to pay bills and support yourself with just babysitting. I see babysitting as a way to make a little extra spending money.

And since the Duggars accept all people, I would love to see an openly gay person on the show. Maybe even a person wuth tattoos and piercings.

The Duggars accept all people. :lol:

Doesn't a nanny get paid a regular salary? They also get vacation and sick days. A nanny is like a second parent to children. I think they're also contracted just like a regular job. Babysitting can be irregular work. Btw nothing wrong with baby sitting, but it's very hard to pay bills and support yourself with just babysitting. I see babysitting as a way to make a little extra spending money.

And since the Duggars accept all people, I would love to see an openly gay person on the show. Maybe even a person wuth tattoos and piercings.

That's a perfect way to distinguish a babysitter from a nanny. I am in no means a nanny, but I do babysit. That money pays for a few extra things for my children and some extra groceries. It's not a way to pay bills. At all.

has anyone else ever notice dthat the duggarfam account doesn't follow Amy? They probably arent allowed

I noticed this. I thought it was really odd. But do we know which person specifically (or people) run the duggarfam account? Surely it's not all of them.

has anyone else ever notice dthat the duggarfam account doesn't follow Amy? They probably arent allowed

I just made a post about this on the other duggar topic last night~ i don't get it. it's not just the duggar family- jill, jessa, ben, derek, none of them follow amy! seems rude since they each only follow 5 or so accounts (each other's) they could at least include amy since they follow ben and derek...

Amy doesn't have a horrible voice, but no way will she be able to make a career out of it.

And her friend had a much better voice.

I don't know what her goals are, but if I were her I would look into other career options. She IS great with kids, why not use that other than babysitting?

Before the Nanny Wars begin, let's consult the Oxford Dictionary (and Oxford trumps everything, BTW):

nanny

Syllabification: nan·ny

Pronunciation: /ˈnanē

/

noun (plural nannies)

1A person, typically a woman, employed to care for a child in its own home.

More example sentences

1.1A person or institution regarded as interfering and overprotective.

More example sentences

2 (in full nanny goat) A female goat.

More example sentences

verb (nannies, nannying, nannied)

[with object] (usually as noun nannying) Back to top

Be overprotective toward: his well-intentioned nannying

More example sentences

Derivatives

nannyish

adjective

Origin

early 18th century (as a noun): nickname for the given name Ann. The verb dates from the 1950s.

Synonyms of nanny in English:

nanny

noun

1 the children's nanny

caregiver, caretaker, babysitter, au pair, governess

dated nursemaid, nurse

An Au Pair is an ENTIRELY different concept from babysitting. I love Oxford (I will always use the Oxford comma and anyone who doesn't is wrong :D ) but there are several degrees to childcare. While a nanny and a baby-sitter and an au pair all provide childcare, there are different degrees of it.

I apologize for starting this argument :embarrassed: It's really not that important.

It really bugged me that she was making a huge deal to JB/M and the brood about her "leaving to go to Nashvile" when...

1. She only visited and stayed in a hotel with her mom and grandmother.

2. Her only experience singing is in a church/choir.

3. When the record guy asked why she was there, she talked about loving to "be on stage" versus talking how singing makes her feel.

4. She knew NOTHING about the entertainment industry, such as auditions, taking criticism, how to handle forgetting your stuff during a live performance (you're never supposed to just stop, keep going)and the general protocol when working on someone else's paid' time (the studio).

5. She didn't know anything about the music industry in general and was not prepared for go to the big leagues - doesn't know how to read music, didn't take voice lessons or perform (musicals, open mic - yes they have those in AR), etc.

6. She didn't know that people sang on street corners, in subways, or anywhere someone might hear them? That people sing just for the purpose of singing? If she was so passionate about it, she'd read books or do some kind of research. She could have asked around for advice from people with professional experience.

I hate, hate, hate when people think that because they've been filmed for a reality show, that they have a "talent" that everyone wants to see? It's like when Kim Kardashian refers to "photo shoots" and getting paid to appear at a club or tweet something as her "career".

The ratings say it all Amy's special got 1.119 mill. and a .4.

A rerun of the Duggars earlier that night got 1.5 mill. and the recent Duggar episodes have gotten closer to 3 million viewers. The little couple episode after Amy got 2.98 million so it wasn't like it was a low viewing night. People tuned out for Amy.

Not that Amy got good numbers, but those are for the 11 PM repeat.

The 8 PM showing had 1.591 M viewers and a .5 rating.

Er, babysitter is a synonym for nanny.

I know the nanny discussion is OT, but babysitter isn't a synonym for nanny. Babysitters watch the kids while their parents go out, feed them, play with them.

Nannies are people integrated with the children, and the family, and care for the children over time, sometimes years (like from infancy to school age).

In Europe, "nanny" is respected as a profession--Prince George's one isn't just a babysitter.

babysitter isn't a synonym for nanny

I know the distinctions people are making. The dictionaries don't happen to agree. :lol:

Archived