IGNORED

Amy "Duggar" and her 2 hour fraktacular

Buzzard

I was laughing my ass off when the guy told her it was painful to listen to and was getting ticked at the singing session. Yeah, she's not going to make it. Not saying it to be a dick, just being realistic about it.

I too had the thought of what Jim Bob and Michelle would say to their kids about Amy. In the beginning they were describing her, the kids were talking about her and it was such phony crap... the "Lets talk about how SPECIAL Amy is but tonight we will pray for her to come back to the Lord at dinner! And kids, dont you dare be like Amy, we don't stand for such sinning actions!"

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Part 3

Family FINALLY shows the fuck up at the TTH. Oh wait, nope... more speculating.

They go bowling. Michelle blathers about how hard it is with 19 birthdays. Shots of them skating. Michelle skates in her skirt, backwards. Grandma cant stand up. Famy (in jeans) helps hold grandma up, along with boob. Michelle says "you did a great job grandma!" like she's talking to a 3 year old.

Famy talks about how she was out with her friends at one of her favorite restaurants for her birthday (there were boyz) when the Duggars crash the party and invite them back to the TTH...

Apparently it was her least favorite party ever because they all wore clown masks, they hired a clown, and everything was clown. Famy is TERRIFIED of clowns, even we know that. So yeah, good job Duggars. I'm shocked this immature behavior didnt make the real show... Oh yeah, Boob had a clown on stilts. Amy runs upstairs and they all think its hysterical.

Can we redo the poll and add this as the dumbest thing Boob has done?

Michelle says "stilts" the clown is a friend of theirs. Why are they duggars friends with a clown?

AAAaaand still, nothing about a duggar leaving home...

WHY ARE THEY SUCH ASSHOLES????

It was Amy's birthday, why did they do something they knew she would hate? Its cruel. The point of a surprise party was to make the person feel happy.

I bet it was Jimbob's idea. Or JD's. Jimbob thought it would be funny to pretend to kidnap a bunch of Bates kids, so I imagine he thinks making other people scared is funny.

That had to be THE most boring episode I ever sat through in my life! I'm certain 99% of it was staged as well. Having said that, and ,no, I don't believe Amy has a remarkable voice, I do believe that she does have the right to try and succeed and the right to try and fail. That is so much more than the Duggars, Bates, and Maxwells, etc., ever get.

2 weeks. She got two hours on tlc for a two week trip to Nashville. I have to wonder, she got a little attitude when she wasn't praised about her singing, and grandma got mad about it, I wonder if it was planned to be a permanent trip and got changed last minute to two weeks other wise something doesn't make sense. Jim Bobs reaction was to a permanent move, hence the waitress comment which I thought was warranted cause here's this girl who thinks she's going to go to Nashville and just poof be famous. He was right, waitressing would e good until she makes it. She needs a reality check. It's just weird. A life changing decision is not a two week trip to Nashville with your mom and grandma. It's just not adding up.

Do we know of she's done anything? I mean this had to he filmed a while ago right?

WHY ARE THEY SUCH ASSHOLES????

It was Amy's birthday, why did they do something they knew she would hate? Its cruel. The point of a surprise party was to make the person feel happy.

I bet it was Jimbob's idea. Or JD's. Jimbob thought it would be funny to pretend to kidnap a bunch of Bates kids, so I imagine he thinks making other people scared is funny.

One day one of DimBoob's "prank" victims will slap him with a lawsuit and I will laugh my ass off. When did he pretend to kidnap a bunch of Bates kids and how did the parents react?

One day one of DimBoob's "prank" victims will slap him with a lawsuit and I will laugh my ass off. When did he pretend to kidnap a bunch of Bates kids and how did the parents react?

They were coming to JB's father's funeral. JB was driving to the funeral home, saw the Bates pulled over at a gas station with the parents inside the store, so he stops, jumps in their van and speeds off. The Bates were very upset and on the verge of calling 911 when they realized it was just him. They laughed it off but you could tell they were not thrilled with what he did. Even Michelle acted embarrassed that JB did that.

Everything that everyone else observed; plus, it was interesting to receive a snippet of Amy's childhood with her parents. Why didn't JB minister, encourage and lift up his sister during such a difficult time (since he knows all about ministering)? Where was his support to Amy? Why was she "in the middle" during her parents arguments (I don't think they were even married until she was a teen)? Why wasn't Michelle lending a motherly hand to Deanna since they had children of similar ages? Do JB and Terry like each other (doesn't seem it!)? And, what happened to the first house shown that belonged to Amy and family ( that one looked newer than the one shown last night)? I feel like mr. big shot dropped his Godly ball in regard to his sister and her family.

Amy's comments about how she believes in God, dresses and dates were the best part of that long, drawn out mess of two hours.

Thank you for the recap!

Thank you, Buzzard, for sacrificing yourself. Thank you for staying awake throughout, writing a snarky recap, and saving the rest of us. :)

Saw the show. Didn't really care for it. Agree w/ an above poster ego said 99% of it was staged.

Definitely staged. It was painful to watch. To quote the music producer, "that was horrifically awful."

They were coming to JB's father's funeral. JB was driving to the funeral home, saw the Bates pulled over at a gas station with the parents inside the store, so he stops, jumps in their van and speeds off. The Bates were very upset and on the verge of calling 911 when they realized it was just him. They laughed it off but you could tell they were not thrilled with what he did. Even Michelle acted embarrassed that JB did that.

What an asshole, on so many levels. The Bates should have called 911. Then his mother should have smacked him for thinking his FATHER'S FUNERAL is a good time to giggle and play pranks.

2 weeks. She got two hours on tlc for a two week trip to Nashville. I have to wonder, she got a little attitude when she wasn't praised about her singing, and grandma got mad about it, I wonder if it was planned to be a permanent trip and got changed last minute to two weeks other wise something doesn't make sense. Jim Bobs reaction was to a permanent move, hence the waitress comment which I thought was warranted cause here's this girl who thinks she's going to go to Nashville and just poof be famous. He was right, waitressing would e good until she makes it. She needs a reality check. It's just weird. A life changing decision is not a two week trip to Nashville with your mom and grandma. It's just not adding up.

Do we know of she's done anything? I mean this had to he filmed a while ago right?

You're right. I took the life changing decisions as she's finally doing something with her life instead of just talking about it, but the more I think about it, she was clearly getting ready to move. And someone - either Jamie or that cute guitar player - said "you packed up everything you own to come here". You don't pack everything you own for a two week vacation. Very interesting. TLC must have changed it last minute, or she lost her credibility or something.

I was really surprised at Grandma. She doesn't strike me as someone who would pull as asshole move like that. These people know far more about music than anyone else in that room and she's going to tell them how to do their jobs?? I think we just caught a glimpse of where JB gets his controlling behaviour.

That background was horrifically awful as well. Why couldn't they just do a normal colour background like they do for the rest of TH?? I like how Amy was "singer". They don't do secondary titles for anyone else on any other show. JimBob "father of 19", Josh "eldest of 19, father of 3", Jackson "baby eleventy"

Part 4

ZOMG she opens the door to the TTH! Could this finally be it??? Could the speculating finally end???

Famy is wearing a full length skirt, yeah, something is wrong.

Oops, not yet. Boob needs to remember the time they went skydiving. They made her go first because she doesnt really like it. The theme of "19 kids raised by assholes" is growing stronger...

Famy jumps out of a plane and a popup tells us that on her next adventure she'd like to wrestle an alligator. :evil-eye: I'm wondering if whoever is doing the popups is just fucking with us now. Touche...

Famy like skydiving because it made her feel like a superhero. Boob thinks they're a lot of like - they're energetic and like to sell people on getting involved in doing things.

If we're going to have to rewatch every episode... I'm seriously hitting the fast forward button.

Famy thinks it was special because not everyone has their cousins and uncle there when they jump out of a plane - um, yeah... most people dont.

Back at the TTH... now we're back in time and boob is teaching Jinger and Amy how to drive a stick. Wow... Boob taught Amy how to handle a stick.

JInger TH - Amy is confident... Jinger needs to lay off the self tanner and the liquid foundation big time.

Now we watch the truck drive ALL OVER the front lawn. Have these people never heard of roads?

I thought she had on some of those hideous pallazzo pants, not a skirt. Like not just pants, but really ugly, attention getting pants.

It's kind of ironic she hates clowns, as that's where the pants/skirt belong. In a circus.

I wonder if Jim Bob was trying to get Amy and Stilts the clown into courtship. After all, she did hold his hand. They may as well be engaged.

I guess the best I can say is that I didn't hate it. :lol: They could've condensed the first hour into about 5-10 minutes of the 2nd hour.

I liked what Amy said about being different than her cousins much better than when they say it. And Jim Bob, with his barely concealed 'you're not going to make it' and 'don't have sex!' continues to give off the vibe that he continually uses Amy as life lessons for how not to stay Godly.

Although I find her exhausting and center of attention-y (I'm sure there's a word that would explain that better), she does seem fun. If I lived the boring life of a Duggar, I'd find her exciting. I also really like that Joy and Amy are close, and wish it would help Joy to explore other ideas, rather than blindly toeing the party line.

As for her singing, I don't think she is completely awful. I thought she sounded the best singing on the street, probably because I didn't like either of the producer's songs for her. But I don't think she's going to be a star. Probably could make a decent living as a wedding singer or singing at local bars, and maybe volunteer at the church.

:wtf: about Grandma taking 2 weeks off. Lady--you can leave anytime you want. You don't have to stay under your douche son's thumb. You've ran businesses and own property, so you must have some smarts. Get your own place or go live w/Deanna & Terri. Please don't spend your last years on earth in the laundry room!

What about that tattoo parlor? Was it ever shown? I remember Famy posted a pic of her at a tattoo parlor in Nashville which is what started the speculation that she would be getting her own show.

You're right. I took the life changing decisions as she's finally doing something with her life instead of just talking about it, but the more I think about it, she was clearly getting ready to move. And someone - either Jamie or that cute guitar player - said "you packed up everything you own to come here". You don't pack everything you own for a two week vacation. Very interesting. TLC must have changed it last minute, or she lost her credibility or something.

I was really surprised at Grandma. She doesn't strike me as someone who would pull as asshole move like that. These people know far more about music than anyone else in that room and she's going to tell them how to do their jobs?? I think we just caught a glimpse of where JB gets his controlling behaviour.

That background was horrifically awful as well. Why couldn't they just do a normal colour background like they do for the rest of TH?? I like how Amy was "singer". They don't do secondary titles for anyone else on any other show. JimBob "father of 19", Josh "eldest of 19, father of 3", Jackson "baby eleventy"

I felt Grandma speaking to the music producer was staged. She kind of stumbled over her words a bit; like she was trying to recall a script or was coached.

Why is Amy's last name is quotation marks? I think Duggar is the name she was given at birth because her parents were not married at the time.

Yeah, did she ever mention that? Cause weren't we supposed to learn about the struggles she has been through and the deal with her last name?

Amy goes by "Amy Jordan" when it's convenient for her. Other times she goes by "Amy Duggar" when it's convenient for her. I very much remember her advertising herself as "Amy Jordan" in the beginning bc that's when I started commented that she isn't a Duggar. Her website had a picture of her with that blue fluffy dress thing and she was Amy Jordan.

Her parents not being married doesn't mean anything. If anything, it would have given her a hyphenated last name. Her parents got married when she was 19, so Josh was 18/19. Meaning baby Jordyn wasn't here yet. If I recall correctly, wasn't Jordyn somewhat named to honour them? I seem to remember that.

In the first ten minutes or so of the first hour (minus the very first moment or so bc I missed that) she was tolerable and kind of cute. But that quickly faded. She's just as obnoxious as the rest of them. At least she wears pants.

Yeah, did she ever mention that? Cause weren't we supposed to learn about the struggles she has been through and the deal with her last name?

She didn't even touch on that, which would have been a hell of a lot more interesting than an hour of every clip that's ever been shown of Amy. I really would like her to somewhat make it in Nashville, if for no other reason than to be able to prove the kids a safe haven. She could give them a place to go to and a place to stay while they get on their feet, earning their own money and getting their own lives in order.

Just reading about this episode made me bored, which isn't to say you're a boring writer Buzzard! I hate how much time this show and other reality TV wastes on flashbacks/flash forwards, all the "next time" and "last time" stuff, repeating what was said before commercials. As though this shit isn't already insulting to my intelligence, the fact that only a small percentage of it is unrepeated footage is truly ridiculous.

Here's a comment from a story on KNWA's Facebook page about Amy:

I can't link it, but it's public.

"Jake Fout She illegally swam in my neighborhood pool last week. I'm pretty sure she and her friends got locked in the pool because no one had a key to get in the gate. #trashy"

https://www.facebook.com/KNWAnews?fref=nf

I think Mary seems like a sweet old lady the same way Michelle at first seems kind of nice and endearing. She never says anything controversial, but we don't know what her beliefs are, she could be just as bad as Jim Bob, she could just be old school and believe that it isn't her place to talk about politics or religion. It's probably not fair, but I'm suspicious just because she raised Jim Bob.

What about that tattoo parlor? Was it ever shown? I remember Famy posted a pic of her at a tattoo parlor in Nashville which is what started the speculation that she would be getting her own show.

It wasn't on the show. But there's a video about it on the TLC website. It is pretty funny, Grandma started preaching to her about how tattoos are not godly. :naughty: She didn't get one.

This whole scene reminded me of the bridal shop thing - "oh look, there's a tattoo parlor/bridal shop, let's go inside and waste their time, because we just want to have fun and not really get a dress/tattoo...yay!"

This show was just a damn nightmare. How old is Amy? Is she 25 or 26. Her only job has been babysitting. WTF. Now she wants to be a Nashville "Stah." Keep on dreaming Amy. You only have a church choir kind of voice like your mother. You best go back to college and get yourself a real job too. If I was you I would change my last name back to Jordyn too. The Duggar name is just to NIKE poison if you want to be in the public eye. Oh and the John Denver Branson fest that you sang in. Give it up. Your voice isn't even good enough to represent Denver who was one of the greatest singers/writers of his time. Even Johns mother commented on how creepy it was that all these singers want to look and sing like John which freaked her out. You being part of the back up singers in the show couldn't even compared to Johns real life singers. Amy your rude, crude and act entitled . You may piss off some persons in the music business that could help you with your career, until you piss them off. Can you say Amy - Blackballed.

Archived