IGNORED

Amy "Duggar" and her 2 hour fraktacular

Buzzard

I thought she had on some of those hideous pallazzo pants, not a skirt. Like not just pants, but really ugly, attention getting pants.

It's kind of ironic she hates clowns, as that's where the pants/skirt belong. In a circus.

I wonder if Jim Bob was trying to get Amy and Stilts the clown into courtship. After all, she did hold his hand. They may as well be engaged.

Yes! Every 20 years trendy fashion gives a shout out to clowns. In the '90's it was ruffle rompers, now it's those pants for women and ruffle bellbottoms with a poncho for girls. Somewhere designers are doing the evil laugh and plotting how much more tacky people will buy. It's really bad in small southern towns. You have to have a pleather purse with a 10 lb. cross bolted on the side to have any fashion cred.

(collecting ugly fashion is my snarktastic guilty pleasure) :lol:

2ef7e2cd78ae4e4439c372043bc61adb.jpgd17d838ab1977526fa197c0fc7907390.jpg

d570640b5189e289b2e8fffed590860f.jpgef1f5f4b556e4c306a54232e5f10c070.jpg7c4ab0a118820b7333e03dfe63d2ad0c.jpg

7e92d75b516829d0353497aba32972ac.jpg887b62ee4b80419be2fe0ff8b49deca8.jpg1905b181a2e6545504a6ebb7cf5f5806.jpg

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Famy jumps out of a plane and a popup tells us that on her next adventure she'd like to wrestle an alligator. :evil-eye: I'm wondering if whoever is doing the popups is just fucking with us now. Touche...

Totally lol It's almost worth watching just to read the snarky popups.

Amy is older than Josh. I want to say she will be 27 in September.

I kinda like those cute light blue pants on the little girl with the red and blue shirt. Those are cute. But the other little girl ones are just okay. The womens are hideous. Yuck.

Just out of curiosity, is there a specific passage in the Bible that claims one shouldn't get tattooed? I know that people's mileage will often vary about how appropriate tattooing is, but I don't recall ever reading anything in the Bible that forbids it.

One thing this special did do is convince me that Jana wants to get out, even if it's not necessarily through marriage. She talked a lot about how Amy enjoys coming over to the Duggar house for companionship, and then after she left she could return to her own home where it's "peaceful and quiet." Did I detect a wistful tone in her voice? She seemed a little sad when she said it.

Amy is older than Josh. I want to say she will be 27 in September.

I kinda like those cute light blue pants on the little girl with the red and blue shirt. Those are cute. But the other little girl ones are just okay. The womens are hideous. Yuck.

Amy will be 28 on her next birthday. She's about 18 months older than Smugs.

I realize she is trying to get her life together, but doing it on reality TV may not be a good idea. Her voice is ok and sure she LOVES country music...but maybe her voice is made for other types of music. I think she should try a different sound. Hope "something" works out for her. I just feel bad for her sometimes because I've got the feeling JB might be using her life as a "bad example" for her cousins. I was SO hoping her last relationship would have worked out so they could see it's possible. But hey, she is already proof that a broken heart with disappointment isn't the end of the world. Now on to the next one! :dance:

Just out of curiosity, is there a specific passage in the Bible that claims one shouldn't get tattooed? I know that people's mileage will often vary about how appropriate tattooing is, but I don't recall ever reading anything in the Bible that forbids it.

One thing this special did do is convince me that Jana wants to get out, even if it's not necessarily through marriage. She talked a lot about how Amy enjoys coming over to the Duggar house for companionship, and then after she left she could return to her own home where it's "peaceful and quiet." Did I detect a wistful tone in her voice? She seemed a little sad when she said it.

The verse is Leviticus 19:28 but most Christians don't follow it because they're Old Testament rules that they say don't apply to them because of the New Testament. The mental gymnastics of why this verse shouldn't be followed but the 10 commandments should and why it's okay to say gays are bad despite being from a set of rules they don't follow, is quite entertaining.

So now I have to make time to watch the special since I missed it. Buzzard you did an awesome job on recapping. I don't know of I read this right but how horrible of person do you have to be to lose out on being the favorite to Smuggar?

What is Amy's post-high school educational history? I thought she was attending at one time, but I don't know if she ever graduated, or what school it was?

I have the same pink shirt Amy is wearing in her TH. Please, don't judge...lol

Okay, now it's time to throw down. Deanna is wearing MY wedding dress* in that flashback photo.

*I realize purchasing a dress at Davids Bridal does not give me exclusive rights to be the only wearer of it...but I didn't expect to have to share with someone Duggar.

At least it looked better on me. ;)

What does she do with her life? How does she support herself? And I'm shocked that Jb and michelle allows her around their children. She's had plenty of boyfriends and breakups plus was born out of wedlock

What does she do with her life? How does she support herself? And I'm shocked that Jb and michelle allows her around their children. She's had plenty of boyfriends and breakups plus was born out of wedlock

They keep her around bc she's a great example of how they love everyone and accept everyone, no matter what. :roll: Plus, as others have said, she's a great "life lesson" for the kids to see how lonely and miserable it is to live in the outside world.

All Amy said was that she was a nanny, which isn't really true. She's a babysitter, but okay. She watches other people's children for money and is apparently very good at it. Yay for her. If she loves children and that's what she wants to do with her life, then great. Have at it. Hopefully she can find someone who will treat her right and be able to let her stay home and continue doing this after she has her own children.

Also, I agree that Jana wants out. She's tired of the howlers constantly making noise and messes that she has to deal with. We've known for awhile that she was the real mother to all these children and a few weeks ago Jackson let that out. "If Jana comes up we know we're in big trouble". They clearly respect Jana as an authority more than their own parents. And seriously, what 24 year old woman wouldn't be tired of all that crap and want out?

I thought the clip show was a bit longer than it should have been. I thought it was alright, hope it doesn't turn into a full series. I like Amy, in small doses. Her voice is ok, I can't comment further because I know nothing about the country music industry.

They keep her around bc she's a great example of how they love everyone and accept everyone, no matter what. :roll: Plus, as others have said, she's a great "life lesson" for the kids to see how lonely and miserable it is to live in the outside world.

All Amy said was that she was a nanny, which isn't really true. She's a babysitter, but okay. She watches other people's children for money and is apparently very good at it. Yay for her. If she loves children and that's what she wants to do with her life, then great. Have at it. Hopefully she can find someone who will treat her right and be able to let her stay home and continue doing this after she has her own children.

Also, I agree that Jana wants out. She's tired of the howlers constantly making noise and messes that she has to deal with. We've known for awhile that she was the real mother to all these children and a few weeks ago Jackson let that out. "If Jana comes up we know we're in big trouble". They clearly respect Jana as an authority more than their own parents. And seriously, what 24 year old woman wouldn't be tired of all that crap and want out?

Difference between a nanny and a babysitter is regularity. Ababysitter looks after your kids now and then. If they come every monday and Thursday, they're a nanny.

Guest LilaFowler

As someone who has watched The Duggars ever since their "14 Kids" special and has never missed an episode, after trying to watch this, I deleted it off my DVR.

Difference between a nanny and a babysitter is regularity. Ababysitter looks after your kids now and then. If they come every monday and Thursday, they're a nanny.

She said she works for like 25 families. That's not being a nanny; it's being a babysitter. I'm not knocking babysitters in the least - I have a great deal of respect for someone who can take on someone else's kids - I just wouldn't consider her a nanny when she's working for so many families that she can't possibly be with any of them for a decent length of time. I have never heard of anyone calling their caregiver a nanny if they only have them one or two days a week but it's regular. A nanny is that child's only caregiver outside of the parents and because of that she doesn't work with other families. I watch the same kids four days a week but I'm not their nanny. Plenty of my friends use babysitters over the summer and that's what they call them - baby sitters - bc they use them during the week and their person works with other people on the weekends or even in the evenings afterward.

What struck me was how she kept talking about how it means nothing that her last name is "Duggar" and she's just an ordinary girl trying to make it in Nashville. Because, you know, every ordinary girl in Nashville with a semi decent voice has a two hour special on national TV about her. Ask the other ordinary girls trying to make it in Nashville if they don't think there might be a little difference there....

This was the most boring thing I've ever seen. Even my twin girls who normally eat the duggars up and adore all episodes asked if they could watch a re run instead of this nonsense. We didn't even finish the first hour.

What struck me was how she kept talking about how it means nothing that her last name is "Duggar" and she's just an ordinary girl trying to make it in Nashville. Because, you know, every ordinary girl in Nashville with a semi decent voice has a two hour special on national TV about her. Ask the other ordinary girls trying to make it in Nashville if they don't think there might be a little difference there....

If her "last name" being Duggar doesn't mean anything, then why doesn't she start using her other last name again? Why doesn't she start going by Amy Jordan again?

Plenty of real actors have done that. IIRC, Tori Spelling used a different last name to do auditions. And Nicolas Cage is actually a Coppola. If "Duggar" didn't mean anything, she would go back to using Jordan. Which proves she's a liar, just like the rest of her family.

I used to kind of like Amy. Like that time when they went to Branson and she made that quip about how they could buy nails for .30 apiece at any hardware store and laughed at how they were going through the whole effort of making them there. She seemed to be able to be a part of the whole Duggar thing but was making a conscious effort to not drink the kool aid. I am kind of disappointed with her now. It's true she's still very young. I'm sure the whole connection thing is a great temptation to play, especially when you're thinking about something as enticing as a singing career. But it does seem she's joined the whole publicity thing and though she may see herself as different because she dates and wears jeans, she's a whole lot more like them than she realizes. I hope she grows out of it. Maybe if she has some good solid disappointments in Nashville it will help her get a little more real...

edited for typo.

I honestly don't see why the name thing is a big deal. There is an actress named Amy Jordan, so if she wants a career that name's already taken(not that Amy's a SAG actress, but repeating names just causes confusion). I think it's smart to market herself as a Duggar.

I'm not real sure how much I actually like her. I like her views better than the Duggars, but she also seems fake and definitely uses the Duggar name to her advantage.

What bugs me is the way JB views her. It's good that the Duggar 'kids' are able to see her and have a relationship with her. Shows them people can be Christian and not Fundy. But it makes me sad that JB keeps saying that Amy is fun to be around, full if life, blah blah blah... Won't allow his daughters to be that way. Its like he gets a kick out of Amy's spunkiness but if his daughters tried it they'd be shamed or punished. Must be confusing to them.

It's not that I think the using the name "Duggar" is the big deal, but her assertion that she gets no special treatment because of it. While the very fact that she's saying that on a television show that's dedicated 2 hours to highlighting her is a direct contradiction to that statement.

What if she said something like "I really want to be a country singer and I'm so thankful that the contacts I have in the entertainment industry is giving me an opportunity to highlight what I have to share with the music world."

I'd have a lot more respect for something along those lines.

Archived