IGNORED

Women's Conference Speaker is "Sick of Women's Conferences"

Want More Babies

truewoman.com/?id=2849

This showed up on my FB feed. A fundie lady, who has spoken at several Women's Conferences is upset that they are "fluff".

These conferences teach women that:

You're beautiful.

You're valuable.

You matter.

What these women need to be hearing is this: Instead of hearing that we have what it takes to make it in this world, we need to be reminded that we are poor (Ps. 86:1), needy (Ps. 109:22), and sinful (Eccl. 7:20). The message we need to hear over and over is the life-giving Gospel, that Christ died to set us free from sin and death; that because of His sacrifice we can have victory. We cannot do it without Him, but through Him and because of Him we can do all things (Phil. 4:13).

The comments will make your head hurt.

Erin Davis comes across as such a sanctimonious bitch. I would never want to attend any conference she spoke at.

I wonder if she's ever considered NOT attending women's conferences? Or hosting her own damned conference?

But who exactly would choose the conference where you are told that you are a terrible, sinful person, compared to the ones that tell you that you are beautiful and awesome?

She would be standing there with the whole room empty except for Lori Alexander, sitting alone in the audience.

She's probably jealous because Teri Maxwell already has her target audience captive.

But who exactly would choose the conference where you are told that you are a terrible, sinful person, compared to the ones that tell you that you are beautiful and awesome?

She would be standing there with the whole room empty except for Lori Alexander, sitting alone in the audience.

The whole neo-Calvinist movement folks constantly harp on how even Christians (who are supposedly forgiven) are miserable, wretched worms. They never want anyone to forget it, lest the splendor of (their version of) God be slandered...by someone rejoicing in the beauty, joy, peace, love, whatever in their lives...which God actually provides. Whatever.

And I tend to think women's conferences are fluff, but that's because they always involve crafts and/or scrapbooking. Which I loathe and detest. :wink-kitty:

If the typical fundy woman wants to be verbally beaten down, all she needs to do is ask her husband what he thinks of her sex. That's free.

I wonder if she's ever considered NOT attending women's conferences? Or hosting her own damned conference?

She's actually pimping a "different" women's conference..where she is a a speaker.

Psst . . . If you're tired of the fluff, I'd love for you to join me at True Woman '14. This will be my fourth time to attend a True Woman conference. I can't get enough, because it's a woman's event that points women to Jesus and His Word. I never walk away full of myself, but always leave full of Truth straight from God's Word.

Erin

http://www.truewoman14.com/speakers/

Psst . . . If you're tired of the fluff, I'd love for you to join me at True Woman '14. This will be my fourth time to attend a True Woman conference. I can't get enough, because it's a woman's event that points women to Jesus and His Word. I never walk away full of myself, but always leave full of Truth straight from God's Word.

Couldn't you get that just from reading the Bible?

These people have more conferences than any other group I've ever seen. Is there really that much to confer about? Hell, I'm sick of HEARING about all their damn conferences. I'd rather stick an icepick in my eye than attend even one.

:disgust:

Couldn't you get that just from reading the Bible?

These people have more conferences than any other group I've ever seen. Is there really that much to confer about? Hell, I'm sick of HEARING about all their damn conferences. I'd rather stick an icepick in my eye than attend even one.

:disgust:

I will say this about conferences, for a lot of the women that go to them it is the one time of year they get to go stay with their friends at a hotel room without their husband or kids. Shit, I almost went to one with a couple of friends just to have an excuse to get away from my household/child responsibilities without looking like I was being "selfish" and taking a vacation just for me. (Then I found out Lisa from Facts of Life was speaking and I just couldn't justify paying the conference fee to support a child abuser.)

So when I first read this I thought it was quite stupid of her to diss the people who pay her, but I was wrong. Alas she has her own conference where she will cut out the middle man and get straight to the money. We all the know the best way to get fundies to attend is to tell them that they have been lied to and you want to tell them the truth.

The whole neo-Calvinist movement folks constantly harp on how even Christians (who are supposedly forgiven) are miserable, wretched worms. They never want anyone to forget it, lest the splendor of (their version of) God be slandered...by someone rejoicing in the beauty, joy, peace, love, whatever in their lives...which God actually provides. Whatever.

And I tend to think women's conferences are fluff, but that's because they always involve crafts and/or scrapbooking. Which I loathe and detest. :wink-kitty:

I hate "women* things". That's useless. It's not because I am a women that I need something make especially for my vagina.

*women ? womens ? women's ? I'm trying to understand the 's rules, but just can't :angry-banghead:

Archived