IGNORED

Jacinda turns Memorial Day into Jesus.....

teachergirl

so Jacinda from Growing Home posted a quote someone wrote about the holiday and sacrifice. Fine, BUT then she had to turn it around and remind everyone that Jesus died for us and sacrificed and blah blah blah.

Maybe I am sensiyive because I am 8 months pregnant and my husband is about to be deployed to Afghanistan but I was annoyed. WHY cant they just honor the holiday for what it is? To honor our men and WOMEN who have fallen.....errr. She grates on my last nerve for a number of reasons, this adds to it.

Yes she is and her post would have been appropriate but then she had to spout off about Jesus. I am pretty sure all families who have lost loved ones, Canadian or American would not appreciate their sacrifice being diminished by a religious slant.

Ugh, this drives me nuts! Not every thing can be "because Jesus". I don't blame you hormones at all. In general the way this day gets misinterpreted is frustrating. My husband is also AD and is currently deployed, so of course his whole fundie light familiy decided to share picture and wax poetic about how proud they are of him. :roll: Today is for commemorating those who have given the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our country. Last time I checked, Veteran's Day is November 11th this year! /minirant that i can't post to FB without ruffling feathers.

You are right, in regards to military personnel. Memorial Day is to honor those who have died in the service of their country and. Veteran's Day is for ALL veterans.

Archived