IGNORED

Kansas County Commissioners define IUD as Murder

salex

salina.com/news/commissioners-reject-grant-5-21

A small grant to a small county health department was rejected by a county in KS because, IUDs are Murder...... :angry-banghead:

Price said the long-term form of birth control, an intrauterine device, or IUD, which the grant would fund, was an abortion issue. "I’m not very smart on this because I’m just a man. But I’m against it," Price said. He said he was acting on the advice of two physicians. "I think it is murder to take this from the federal government," he said. "It’s only $6,064. To me it is murder, and I am not standing for it." Price said he was not against birth control. He said he is against destroying anything that is a living creature. "I am not going to stand before my God, and he is going to point his finger and say, ‘You aborted those kids,’ " Price said. Jeanette Peroli, nurse practitioner with the Saline County Health Department, said she provided Price with information that the IUDs are contraceptives and do not abort a pregnancy. "If they were to convince me, these doctors, I would feel different," Price said. "I studied this real hard. I just feel it’s wrong. You can’t change my thoughts. -

salina.com/news/commissioners-reject-grant-5-21

A small grant to a small county health department was rejected by a county in KS because, IUDs are Murder...... :angry-banghead:

Price said the long-term form of birth control, an intrauterine device, or IUD, which the grant would fund, was an abortion issue. "I’m not very smart on this because I’m just a man. But I’m against it," Price said. He said he was acting on the advice of two physicians. "I think it is murder to take this from the federal government," he said. "It’s only $6,064. To me it is murder, and I am not standing for it." Price said he was not against birth control. He said he is against destroying anything that is a living creature. "I am not going to stand before my God, and he is going to point his finger and say, ‘You aborted those kids,’ " Price said. Jeanette Peroli, nurse practitioner with the Saline County Health Department, said she provided Price with information that the IUDs are contraceptives and do not abort a pregnancy. "If they were to convince me, these doctors, I would feel different," Price said. "I studied this real hard. I just feel it’s wrong. You can’t change my thoughts. -

So he is a vegetarian and is against hunting, fishing, the death penalty, etc. Oh wait only zygotes, embryos and foetus count as living creatures.

Mr Price got one thing -and only one thing- right. He's not very smart.

:lol:

Once again, I'm grateful I escaped from Kansas (that's how I see it) before the state became as nucking futs as it is now.

So what did the other commissioners say? I find it insane that this is even an issue. :pink-shock:

UGH!! Not Kansas again. I really do like where I live, really. But,we do seem to have more than our fair share of idiots.

I think what these people do is equate fertilization with pregnancy, and that's how they come up with these things. However, there is not a pregnancy until the fertilized egg is implanted. (At least this is how I understand it, if I said it wrong, please explain it to me.)

He's proud of his ignorance. He revels in it. There was a book entitled "What's the Matter With Kansas?" published years ago. It is as appropriate today as it was when it first hit the stands. The only difference is things have gotten worse. If you are a progressive and live in Kansas, it must feel like you are imprisoned in an asylum.

So what did the other commissioners say? I find it insane that this is even an issue. :pink-shock:

They voted unanimously with him. there are only 3, but it was 3 to zero against accepting the funding.

Wait, he's not very smart on this because he's a man, but he also studied it real hard. So which is it? :think:

This dude is literally talking out of his ass, because he clearly doesn't have the mental ability to reach a hole any higher to flap. In fact, I really think he's about to bust a nut talking out of even the lowest orifice available. There are a large variety of nursing homes and adult daycare centers available for people like him. I really think it's about time he found one. :doh:

"I’m not very smart on this because I’m just a man. But I’m against it,"

So a penis means you can't learn anything? And you don't have the right to an opinion if you admit you don't know about a topic.

"I studied this real hard. I just feel it’s wrong. You can’t change my thoughts."

You don't know, yet you studied. Either extremely stupid, or lying. Maybe both.

Good lawd. This Price guy sounds like a real smart one. How does he know to wake up every morning? And these are the people making decisions that affect communities. :shock:

Because Price refuses to get his head out of his ass, he is willing to throw away something that could help people within his community. Gotta love his logic here. Admits he has no clue what he is talking about, but then says he studied the issue and based his decision on the advice of two doctors. Then he says if he is proven wrong by doctors, he would change his mind but not really. What the hell did I just read?

Mr. No was originally from Kansas and is very grateful that he isn't there now.

He says he's not smart, but has studied this really hard. Was told by two doctors but would change his mind if proven wrong by doctors, sort of. Ummm...ok.

I know it's a free country and people are free to run for office but some people really have no business whatsoever being in any kind of office. This guy is one of them.

BTW, Chris Hayes on MSNBC is doing a series on Kansas this week, I watched the first two. It has been very interesting and informative. And there is hope, our governor (Brownback) is in pretty serious trouble and there is quite a bit of action towards getting a new governor this year!

"I’m not very smart on this because I’m just a man. But I’m against it," Price said.

So much wrong with this.

I think what these people do is equate fertilization with pregnancy, and that's how they come up with these things. However, there is not a pregnancy until the fertilized egg is implanted. (At least this is how I understand it, if I said it wrong, please explain it to me.)

That's right. If fertilization was a pregnancy, then I would have been pregnant when my IVF embryos were in their petri dish. I wasn't pregnant until they were transferred into my uterus and they implanted. Even just having them in my uterus didn't make me pregnant. The part of that that cracks me up is that if someone thought fertilization = pregnancy, I would have been pregnant with a baby that was in another state (I lived in one state and my RE's office was just across the border in another state, so my embryos were there and I was at home).

Wow, in his "real hard" studying, he must have missed studying how IUD's work. IUD's prevent fertilization by preventing the egg and sperm from meeting. That is why there are non-hormonal IUD's available. How else would they work?

There are some side-effects that can prevent implantation, but this is an exceptional mechanism of action not a typical method of action.

IN FACT, if a fertilization of an egg occurs, it is often a serious medical situation for the woman as the blastocyst is unable to move past the Fallopian tube. But this is very rare. Because IUD's are incredibly effective at preventing fertilization.

Seriously, did he not do a google search of "how do IUD's work?" It's RIGHT. THERE.

He clearly hasn't learned science. But I'm confused about what he thinks is going on when someone has an IUD:

Does he think that the act of getting an IUD is a one-time murder?

Does he think that every cycle after getting an IUD, one is committing murder? Even if one is not having intercourse? Even if due to one partner or another's compromised fertility, there is no actual fertilization going on?

How is he planning to determine how many murders a woman is committing by having an IUD, since some pregnancies are multiple? Is he going to assume that a woman would be prone to carrying octuplets to term every time she got pregnant, if only she didn't have a death trap in her uterus?

My mom had fertility problems; I was conceived after years of trying and at least one miscarriage. I don't know if I've inherited those problems, because I've never tried to conceive. But I do know that some fertility problems are heritable, and I am already older than my mom was when she had my younger brother. So if I get an IUD, as I am considering at my doctor's recommendation, it is possible that it will not be preventing any pregnancies that quirks of my body wouldn't have prevented anyway.

Wow, in his "real hard" studying, he must have missed studying how IUD's work. IUD's prevent fertilization by preventing the egg and sperm from meeting. That is why there are non-hormonal IUD's available. How else would they work?

There are some side-effects that can prevent implantation, but this is an exceptional mechanism of action not a typical method of action.

IN FACT, if a fertilization of an egg occurs, it is often a serious medical situation for the woman as the blastocyst is unable to move past the Fallopian tube. But this is very rare. Because IUD's are incredibly effective at preventing fertilization.

Seriously, did he not do a google search of "how do IUD's work?" It's RIGHT. THERE.

THIS.

Only inert IUDs would work by preventing implantation but not fertilization - and there are no inert IUDs on the market here. Both copper IUDs and Mirena IUDs prevent sperm from ever meeting egg.

We've said this here before, but it needs to be repeated: The argument that birth control methods like the Pill and IUDs are forms of abortion is simply false. It's a big lie, and it's designed to make the gullible "pro-life" crowd hysterical as they picture millions of mini-babies dying.

The truth is that both the Pill and the forms of IUD currently on the market are effective in preventing fertilization. In turn, that means that women who have an IUD in place are highly unlikely to conceive, and are therefore highly unlike to abort at any stage of pregnancy. If your goal is to reduce abortions, widespread use of IUDs by sexually active women not actively intending to get pregnant would be a really effective way to do that.

The fact that these people oppose IUDs makes me think that reducing abortions isn't their goal at all.

Did anyone ask okay you spoke to 2 doctors were they medical doctors? After all he could have spoke with a couple of pastors who are "doctors" for all we know. Where exactly did he research? Also a medical professional contested his claims, yet no other commissioner balked at voting alongside this man. The whole whole thing reeks of incompentence.

THIS.

Only inert IUDs would work by preventing implantation but not fertilization - and there are no inert IUDs on the market here. Both copper IUDs and Mirena IUDs prevent sperm from ever meeting egg.

We've said this here before, but it needs to be repeated: The argument that birth control methods like the Pill and IUDs are forms of abortion is simply false. It's a big lie, and it's designed to make the gullible "pro-life" crowd hysterical as they picture millions of mini-babies dying.

The truth is that both the Pill and the forms of IUD currently on the market are effective in preventing fertilization. In turn, that means that women who have an IUD in place are highly unlikely to conceive, and are therefore highly unlike to abort at any stage of pregnancy. If your goal is to reduce abortions, widespread use of IUDs by sexually active women not actively intending to get pregnant would be a really effective way to do that.

The fact that these people oppose IUDs makes me think that reducing abortions isn't their goal at all.

Thanks for the further information on how current IUD's work.

Also, per the bold, I think this is true in general about the pro-life movement. Maybe, not the everyday person on the street who is opposed to abortion, but definitely the leaders and the politicians. I think this because it seems that these leaders and politicians consistently oppose policies that have been shown to actually reduce abortions. Things like access to contraceptives, comprehensive sex education, employment and educational opportunities for women, strong social programs such as medicaid, early childhood education, etc.

Thanks for the further information on how current IUD's work.

Also, per the bold, I think this is true in general about the pro-life movement. Maybe, not the everyday person on the street who is opposed to abortion, but definitely the leaders and the politicians. I think this because it seems that these leaders and politicians consistently oppose policies that have been shown to actually reduce abortions. Things like access to contraceptives, comprehensive sex education, employment and educational opportunities for women, strong social programs such as medicaid, early childhood education, etc.

The future fundie girl. By Luvmyskinnyjeanz

* girl learns essentials like house keeping, serving husband and judging others

* girl is married off to daddy's choice of guy who looks suspiciously homosexual or the type who may be compensating for his lack of um bigness.

* girl has baby after baby after baby whoops uterus falls out.

* uterus now has rights.

* girl repents her sins, female = sinner

* girl awarded custody of uterus and uterus is put back.

* girl has baby after baby after baby.

* girl is allowed access to Internet and starts advising others and sharing way to much info of sex life.

* girl tries to take on the awesome, witty and intelligent Free Jinger members.

* Free Jinger members kick girls virtual arse.

He's just another nut case parroting what the ultra conservatives are saying. Par for the course.

Huh, never knew I was a serial killer!

I'm convinced the neo-cons are trying to out-do themselves saying the most inane, bat shit things.

It would be funny if people weren't being affected. $6K could buy quite a few IUD's for low income women. I just don't get why these creeps who oppose funding to help poor families raise children also block attempts for people to control their fertility and therefore, their finances.

At least y'all don't have to worry about being nabbed traveling through KS with your IUDs. I'm already living here and I think they'll come after me first.

I had to pay $1000 out of pocket for mine. Boy, would I be mad if I found out some ignorant yahoo voted against a grant that could have paid for it.

Archived