IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 7

happy atheist

I'm getting my hair cut today. I think I'm going to dye it purple and gold. Maybe get a Mohawk.

What do you think?

Depends, if you're a college freshman or work at a place like Hot Topic, then go for it! If you're a college senior (will be interviewing soon) or hope to marry into the Bates family, then I advise against.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, SuffolkNWhat, that is so true. Voldemort did say that he values magical blood, and he did allow Hogwarts to remain open after he killed a bunch of people and took over so that magic-using children could continue to be educated. He's just a big old sweetie. :lol:

Makes me want to consider giving him an alternative character interpretation. :laughing-rolling:

Don't forget he got them out of year end tests several times. They were able to learn without worrying about tests. Maybe Voldemort ain't that bad.

Depends, if you're a college freshman or work at a place like Hot Topic, then go for it! If you're a college senior (will be interviewing soon) or hope to marry into the Bates family, then I advise against.

I'm a 45 year senior English education major. I'll graduate May 2015.

I think I could teach Lawson a thing or two. :D

Ok I just made myself gag. :D

I believe you can also just click on the user name to get their posting history and then from there click 'add foe'. It's been awhile since I used it though (back in the great CnD debate about his confederate apologetics; was that before the big board change?), so it might have changed.

Thanks for this, it worked fine - blocking accomplished :). I've been away for a few days so just read the thread and ... words fail me.

Is it not conventional here to speak of nail polish at this moment? Didn't I read that when I joined? I would happily join in the HP convo, but unfortunately I understand not that of which you speak.

Sooo - I am wearing OPI Pinch of Pink. It's kinda dull, but work appropriate. However I don't go to work :?

If I were mute and wheelchair bound, that wouldn't make me retarded. I might take take it like Stephen Hawkins ng and try to go on with my life, or I might take it like the girl from Million Dollar Baby and get a friend to pull the plug, I don't know. If an accident left me retarded, then I'd be too stupid to know what's going on after the fact, but I really should sign one of those living will things saying to put me down if I become a 'tard.

If I had a healthy kid and they were killed in a car wreck, I wouldn't put theire body in wheelchair and continue caring for it. I would be really really sad, but the kid is dead. To me a retard is a warm corpse that shits, drools, and makes weird groaning noises while slapping its leg.

So what you're really saying is that for some reason anyone with intellectual disabilities scares the hell out of you. So much so that you have silly ideas about how you would somehow magically be certain that your child was intellectually normal before birth ( not how it works). And if your child became intellectually disabled after he was born, through, for example, a traumatic brain injury, you would kill that child. So you are willing, apparently, to go spend the rest of your life in prison rather than having to care for your own child if they didn't meet your expectations. But you started out by defending using the word retarded because it's merely descriptive and shouldn't have any power. It seems to hold an inordinate amount of power over you.

I just took off my nail polish. It was Sally Hansen's diamond tough or somesuch nonsense in a particularly pale shade called "Promising Pink". It was neither diamond nor tough. Perhaps I should go back to Finger Paint's "putty"?

I just took off my nail polish. It was Sally Hansen's diamond tough or somesuch nonsense in a particularly pale shade called "Promising Pink". It was neither diamond nor tough. Perhaps I should go back to Finger Paint's "putty"?

That nail varnish is SHIT! You need Opi

That nail varnish is SHIT! You need Opi

I literally just put on the Sally Hanson Tough as Nails in a teal-ish color on my toes last night. It was a really old bottle and the polish was kinda thick and goopy. I went to a bar, and this morning, I noticed my nails are really really beyond repair smudged. Oh well. You live and learn.

Stay away from Hard Candy nail polish. I picked out a fabulous metallic pink color recently, and it's coming off my toes after only about 2 1/2 weeks. :( If I'd used OPI, the color would have stayed on for at least 2 months.

*tends to get genuinely distracted by talk of manicures, always looking for a better brand*

My flame nails are coming off now, shame cause they were awesome :)

Like flames painted on your nails? How cool is that? I usually stick with flowers. I haven't had my nails done in forever. :(

Opi Polish would stay on my toes forever! They have a color "I'm not really a waitress red" it is a deep red. I loved it.

I've had I'm Not Really a Waitress SO many times on my toes. I think it's my manicurist's favorite color. Any time I say it doesn't really matter that's what usually goes on. :)

If I were mute and wheelchair bound, that wouldn't make me retarded. I might take take it like Stephen Hawkins ng and try to go on with my life, or I might take it like the girl from Million Dollar Baby and get a friend to pull the plug, I don't know. If an accident left me retarded, then I'd be too stupid to know what's going on after the fact, but I really should sign one of those living will things saying to put me down if I become a 'tard.

If I had a healthy kid and they were killed in a car wreck, I wouldn't put theire body in wheelchair and continue caring for it. I would be really really sad, but the kid is dead. To me a retard is a warm corpse that shits, drools, and makes weird groaning noises while slapping its leg.

Please show scientific evidence for the bolded. Also, why use a term considered by most to be a slut when there are perfectly suitable alternatives?

Don't forget he got them out of year end tests several times. They were able to learn without worrying about tests. Maybe Voldemort ain't that bad.

I do feel so sorry for the Duggars that they will never know the joy Harry Potter can bring to your world...

So what you're really saying is that for some reason anyone with intellectual disabilities scares the hell out of you. So much so that you have silly ideas about how you would somehow magically be certain that your child was intellectually normal before birth ( not how it works). And if your child became intellectually disabled after he was born, through, for example, a traumatic brain injury, you would kill that child. So you are willing, apparently, to go spend the rest of your life in prison rather than having to care for your own child if they didn't meet your expectations. But you started out by defending using the word retarded because it's merely descriptive and shouldn't have any power. It seems to hold an inordinate amount of power over you.

I don't freak the fuck out when I hear the word "death", but if it happened to my kid, you bet I would. Same with "retard". It's not a difficult concept.

Can you read, or do you just read half a sentence and imagine the other half? I never said I'd kill a non-fetus kid, and I wouldn't risk going to prison.

If I had a retarded child that I couldn't abort, I would transfer its care to homeschooling, "we don't take no gubmint aid" conservative Christians. That way they spend their time and resources taking care of my retard instead of campaigning against abortion and gays. I wouldn't give it to the Pearls though; I dislike/am disgusted by retards, but I don't hate them.

I do feel so sorry for the Duggars that they will never know the joy Harry Potter can bring to your world...

Me too, I love those books! I wonder how old my kids would have to be before I can read it to them, because I'm totally doing that.

P.s., has anyone read the new book by j.k. Rowling? Is it any good?

I love Harry Potter. There is so much to learn from him.

It brings such a diverse group of real life people together. I mean really who didn't want Umbridge to die as much as they wanted Voldemort to die? Such an evil witch.

I'm getting my hair cut today. I think I'm going to dye it purple and gold. Maybe get a Mohawk.

What do you think?

As long as you're not working somewhere conservative or going to job interviews, totally do it!

I myself dyed a section of the underside of my hair bright pink a few months ago. Since I'm already employed in a workplace that doesn't really get too bent out of shape about unnatural hair colors (as long as they're not your whole head) and then starting grad school soon, I might go get it touched up and add another color streak next to it. Purple, perhaps?

As long as you're not working somewhere conservative or going to job interviews, totally do it!

I myself dyed a section of the underside of my hair bright pink a few months ago. Since I'm already employed in a workplace that doesn't really get too bent out of shape about unnatural hair colors (as long as they're not your whole head) and then starting grad school soon, I might go get it touched up and add another color streak next to it. Purple, perhaps?

What's your natural color? Medium/dark (royal) blue goes great with medium/dark brown. I had that when I was fifteen.

Like flames painted on your nails? How cool is that? I usually stick with flowers. I haven't had my nails done in forever. :(

Opi Polish would stay on my toes forever! They have a color "I'm not really a waitress red" it is a deep red. I loved it.

Yeah, with flames of gold and orange :) Inspired by the Hunger Games, to go with my Katniss costume :)

I love Harry Potter. There is so much to learn from him.

It brings such a diverse group of real life people together. I mean really who didn't want Umbridge to die as much as they wanted Voldemort to die? Such an evil witch.

Oh, tell me about it. Umbridge was such a complete monster, I guess I was hoping Grawp or some other dark creature in the forest would get her. Wasn't expecting the scene with the centaurs, that's for sure. On that note, what do you think happened to Umbridge when she was carried off by the centaurs? The popular opinion seems to be that she was sexually assaulted by them, based on what I've read online and in Greek mythology about centaurs in general.

I absolutely loved Imelda Staunton's performance as Umbridge in the HP movie. She's such a cute actress to play the part, and if you didn't know her as Umbridge, you'd find her to be easily approachable and sweet-looking at first. And the Umbridge opens her mouth and ruins it. :lol:

Jellybeans, I found several Hunger Games nail paint and flame kits on clearance recently. They were Cover Girl brand, and each kit included a nail polish color and flame stickers that you put on over the polish. when the next Hunger Games movie comes out, I'm going to do my nails with them.

Oh, tell me about it. Umbridge was such a complete monster, I guess I was hoping Grawp or some other dark creature in the forest would get her. Wasn't expecting the scene with the centaurs, that's for sure. On that note, what do you think happened to Umbridge when she was carried off by the centaurs? The popular opinion seems to be that she was sexually assaulted by them, based on what I've read online and in Greek mythology about centaurs in general.

I absolutely loved Imelda Staunton's performance as Umbridge in the HP movie. She's such a cute actress to play the part, and if you didn't know her as Umbridge, you'd find her to be easily approachable and sweet-looking at first. And the Umbridge opens her mouth and ruins it. :lol:

Jellybeans, I found several Hunger Games nail paint and flame kits on clearance recently. They were Cover Girl brand, and each kit included a nail polish color and flame stickers that you put on over the polish. when the next Hunger Games movie comes out, I'm going to do my nails with them.

I haven't been able to get into the Hunger Games. Or Divergent. I really want to try but I just can't get past the first chapter of the Hinger Games. I do love Jennifer Lawrence though. Do I get points for that?

I don't know about Umbridge and the centaurs. In the "Deathly Hollows" she was still horrid. I would think being raped by a centaur would change a person somehow.

I really want a scene were Molly gets a hold of Umbridge.

Sorry for the double post. I just found a picture of Imelda Straunton with her husband. She's so tiny, it looks like a leaf who us knock her over.

[search][/search]

I don't freak the fuck out when I hear the word "death", but if it happened to my kid, you bet I would. Same with "retard". It's not a difficult concept.

Can you read, or do you just read half a sentence and imagine the other half? I never said I'd kill a non-fetus kid, and I wouldn't risk going to prison.

If I had a retarded child that I couldn't abort, I would transfer its care to homeschooling, "we don't take no gubmint aid" conservative Christians. That way they spend their time and resources taking care of my retard instead of campaigning against abortion and gays. I wouldn't give it to the Pearls though; I dislike/am disgusted by retards, but I don't hate them.

I can read just fine. Perhaps you should learn how to write. You implied if you had a child that became intellectually disabled you wouldn't keep them alive, because it would be the same, to you, as pushing around a warm corpse. Guess what sweetie, if you kill your child it's murder, whether you approve of their level of brain functioning or not. If you are so terrified at the possibility of having an intellectually disabled child maybe you should put a big old tattoo on your forehead, warning any potential partners. Because I know I would stand by a partner who suffered a traumatic brain injury, but wouldn't knowingly pick a monster. I think that goes for most people.

Sorry for the double post. I just found a picture of Imelda Straunton with her husband. She's so tiny, it looks like a leaf who us knock her over.

She is petite, it doesn't surprise me at all that she was cast as a fairy in Maleficent. And I agree, Molly Weasley certainly could have taken Umbridge down a notch or two.

I loved Hunger Games, but didn't really care for the Divergent series. there were some serious issues with the style of writing that I had trouble with, including a makeout scene that was repeatedly written the same way between two of the characters..it was really weird. I felt like the there were some interesting ideas in the storyline, but that maybe they should have cooked a bit longer before publication.

Archived