IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 7

happy atheist

Actually, Josie is 4 and half. She was born the day after my son. From what little I have seen of her(I don't watch the show much), she seems like a typical 4.5 year old to me. Very persistent with a strong personality. Of course, it is very hard to see on TV what she is really like, so it's hard for us to say if she has developmental delays. Some can be subtle that can only be seen when you spend a lot of time with the child.

But knowing that most kids born that early do have delays, I would sincerely hope they are getting her help.

If I saw Josie alone, I wouldn't think she has problems. Compared with Mac and the other Duggar kids when they were her age, she does seem different though, but that could be from being the youngest and her "miracle" status.

I wonder if the Duggars get her hearing and vision checked.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'sFunToRun is clearly a troll. She's even changed her location to "where we call a retard a retard" so it will show up in every post she makes. And after people tell her its offensive, she continues to use the word? I think her username should be "It'sFunToTroll" because she is deliberately trying to get a rise out of everyone here.

Just block her. Then you don't have to see her posts, because she clearly thinks its hilarious that everyone is getting bent out of shape.

It'sFunToRun is clearly a troll. She's even changed her location to "where we call a retard a retard" so it will show up in every post she makes. And after people tell her its offensive, she continues to use the word? I think her username should be "It'sFunToTroll" because she is deliberately trying to get a rise out of everyone here.

Just block her. Then you don't have to see her posts, because she clearly thinks its hilarious that everyone is getting bent out of shape.

That's really not a bad idea. If someone writes something that bothers you so much, then not reading it will keep it from bothering you a lot better than you telling them what they can and can't say, which is clearly unenforceable and doesn't work at all.

That's sweet of you to be so worried about me, but it's really not necessary :D

Not gonna lie, the idea of you reaping what you've sown is pretty enjoyable. But seriously, if you want some sources to learn more about people with developmental delays, I would be happy to provide them.

You confuse your feelings with facts. This seems to be an ongoing issue for you.

P.s., BOO!

:lol:

May I ask why the thought of using a slur, then being asked (politely IMO) to stop using it, makes you laugh?

That's really not a bad idea. If someone writes something that bothers you so much, then not reading it will keep it from bothering you a lot better than you telling them what they can and can't say, which is clearly unenforceable and doesn't work at all.

To not oppose bigotry is to endorse it.

Not gonna lie, the idea of you reaping what you've sown is pretty enjoyable. But seriously, if you want some sources to learn more about people with developmental delays, I would be happy to provide them.

I don't want, but thanks.

May I ask why the thought of using a slur, then being asked (politely IMO) to stop using it, makes you laugh?

You using the word "politely" just then makes me laugh. I am fond of the expression "fuck off", but I'd never call it polite.

To not oppose bigotry is to endorse it.

You are a bold defender of retardkind! Look at how much success you've had just in getting me to stop saying "retard". Clearly, your method is working! Don't back down, O' valiant one!

You using the word "politely" just then makes me laugh. I am fond of the expression "fuck off", but I'd never call it polite.

I was angrytotally pissed off at the time, as you'd just, ya know, insulted my little sis. Once again, may I ask why using a slur, than being told is it offensive, makes you laugh?

You are a bold defender of retardkind! Look at how much success you've had just in getting me to stop saying "retard". Clearly, your method is working! Don't back down, O' valiant one!

Sorry, the term is "special needs." May I ask why you still use the term "retard" or "retarded" after you've been told it is offensive?

Oh, BTW, I will NEVER back down from defending people with special needs. They are human beings too, and deserve the same respect you would give anyone else.

Marci still has a public album of an early July ATI conference. Lots of posing with Duggars and Bates. Simply looking at the photos of the book tables was fascinating!

A few photos after her photos of Gothard's garbage reading material, we get this gem as one of her photo captions:

"... **Save the Date** for next year's conference! June 30th -July 3rd Blessings that this is truly a Christ-centered ministry! not a man-centered ministry!"

https://www.facebook.com/monte.dauer/media_set?set=a.423062914500830.1073741867.100003913743378&type=3

(not breaking as there aren't accessible fb analytics) ... although they may not be up for long...

Cooper looks to be climbing the social ladder to ATI royalty. As someone mentioned in Jill's wedding thread, he is the "Where's Waldo" in pics. I can't not see him! GAH!

For funsies, you can also peruse Cooper's FB profile. I'm so confused why this family got into ATI. Far too stylish and mama Marci still wears short shorts and tanks!

Wow there's seriously about 20 closeups of book tables :lol: From this photo of Cooper and Allison Sharp, (they co-taught a speech conference together earlier this month) that's who i'm thinking is at the top of his "prospective courtship" list. (looks like already courting imo)

post-10046-14451999253612_thumb.jpg

http://www.r-word.org/Default.aspx

http://specialchildren.about.com/od/get ... hatare.htm

http://www.autismspeaks.org/

http://www.ndss.org/

Here ya go, It'sFuntoRun. I know you said you wanted to remain ignorant, but PLEASE, for the love of God, spend a couple minutes looking through these. Gain some respect for people with special needs. Lord knows they deserve it.

Wow there's seriously about 20 closeups of book tables :lol: From this photo of Cooper and Allison Sharp, (they co-taught a speech conference together earlier this month) that's who i'm thinking is at the top of his "prospective courtship" list. (looks like already courting imo)

[attachment=0]10448820_423063031167485_7262740784538114443_n.jpg[/attachment]

she is in pantssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! she looks normal

she is in pantssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! she looks normal

well other than the the DQ adoring gaze she is giving someone off camera

I was angrytotally pissed off at the time, as you'd just, ya know, insulted my little sis. Once again, may I ask why using a slur, than being told is it offensive, makes you laugh?

You should give a seminar on being polite. Slide 1: when angry, you may be rude. :D

I'm not going to stop saying the word retarded because it's a very useful description. The fact that some people find it offensive (I'm not arguing with that) is their problem because they let themselves get upset over a word. The word "slut" could be used in an attempt to insult me (I wouldn't be offended though) but that doesn't stop me from talking about the slutty slutty pants that Michelle wore back when she was a heathen. The other sluts of FJ never seem to get insulted either. Did you see the Vagina Monologues? There's one that made me love the word "cunt".

If you don't want to say the word "retard", great! Don't say it! Demanding that other people don't say it just doesn't work. By the way, retards wouldn't think the word was offensive if their families didn't tell them it is. Some retards have low enough intelligence they don't understand even if you do tell them.

well other than the the DQ adoring gaze she is giving someone off camera

I noticed that too! Don't care, as long as creeper doesn't creep with Jinger. His stare is kinda weird too.

Also, is that a lime green modesty shirt underneath his plaid shirt? Like we'd all be defrauded by that microscopic triangle of hairless chest? What a weirdo!

Also, is that a lime green modesty shirt underneath his plaid shirt? Like we'd all be defrauded by that microscopic triangle of hairless chest? What a weirdo!

No chest hair but I can see his defrauding knees and about a cm above them in shorts.....

Shorts! Creeper the Arm slut and knee defrauder. :)

No chest hair but I can see his defrauding knees and about a cm above them in shorts.....

Shorts! Creeper the Arm slut and knee defrauder. :)

opps I got a bit over excited about the knees, not that visable on second veiwing prehaps I saw what I wanted to see. Hidden knee and a mm above it. lol I was just excited about the no long pants.

opps I got a bit over excited about the knees, not that visable on second veiwing prehaps I saw what I wanted to see. Hidden knee and a mm above it. lol I was just excited about the no long pants.

You're probably the first and last person to get excited over Cooper's body :D

You should give a seminar on being polite. Slide 1: when angry, you may be rude. :D

I'm not going to stop saying the word retarded because it's a very useful description. The fact that some people find it offensive (I'm not arguing with that) is their problem because they let themselves get upset over a word. The word "slut" could be used in an attempt to insult me (I wouldn't be offended though) but that doesn't stop me from talking about the slutty slutty pants that Michelle wore back when she was a heathen. The other sluts of FJ never seem to get insulted either. Did you see the Vagina Monologues? There's one that made me love the word "cunt".

If you don't want to say the word "retard", great! Don't say it! Demanding that other people don't say it just doesn't work. By the way, retards wouldn't think the word was offensive if their families didn't tell them it is. Some retards have low enough intelligence they don't understand even if you do tell them.

There's nothing wrong with demanding that people stop using an offensive term. I do it when people say nigger, faggot, towel head, etc. It's called being a decent human being.

Also, I would really like to see proof for the bolded.

In addition, you may have heard about http://www.disabilityscoop.com/2010/09/ ... law/10346/ this. I would like to know why you think you know better than the house of reps AND President Obama when it comes to medical terms.

And, BTW, you still haven't answered my questions. Why does using a slur, then being told it is offensive, make you laugh? Why do you still use the terms "retard" and "retarded" when you have been told over and over again how offensive they are?

You're probably the first and last person to get excited over Cooper's body :D

LOL and you better believe I am hanging my head in shame, that being said I have a proven track record of god awful taste in men, generally their personalities more than their features.

There's nothing wrong with demanding that people stop using an offensive term. I do it when people say nigger, faggot, towel head, etc. It's called being a decent human being.

Also, I would really like to see proof for the bolded.

In addition, you may have heard about http://www.disabilityscoop.com/2010/09/ ... law/10346/ this. I would like to know why you think you know better than the house of reps AND President Obama when it comes to medical terms.

And, BTW, you still haven't answered my questions. Why does using a slur, then being told it is offensive, make you laugh? Why do you still use the terms "retard" and "retarded" when you have been told over and over again how offensive they are?

Something is wrong with it because it doesn't work. It's like spanking kids for being hitting each other; it might make you feel like you're doing something, but it won't make them hit each other less. Well in this case it doesn't hurt me that you say to stop, but it's just going to make me say retard even more.

I've explained a few times why I say "retarded".

I'm not laughing at me saying "retarded", I was laughing at your responses.

Archived