IGNORED

Shupe Mom tells us how to organize

They look clean and well groomed because they aren't allowed to get messy-they are so scheduled they barely have any free time. I think if one of them did make a mess, Erika would probably lock them in the closet for a few days while she sobs in the corner and obsessively scrubs it until you cant even see dirt under a microscope.

ShupeFamily-BobErika42014375p_zps80288fe8.jpg

I think these two are the inspiration for Allison and Donnie on Orphan Black.

:shifty-kitty:

That smile. It doesn’t look friendly; it looks predatory. I wonder when she’s going to unhinge that jaw and consume something.

They look clean and well groomed because they aren't allowed to get messy-they are so scheduled they barely have any free time. I think if one of them did make a mess, Erika would probably lock them in the closet for a few days while she sobs in the corner and obsessively scrubs it until you cant even see dirt under a microscope.

Well, that's true. :(

She has been recycling content. I think a lot of these are old posts.

That woman is such a slave to her schedule, I think she had kids napping until 5, so that way she could have them all in bed by 9.

WTF? "Very feminine"? Is a long shapeless skirt, flat trainers made of fabric and an equally shapeless fleece jacket "very feminine"? We must have different views of what feminine means when it comes to dressing.

This. I mean, Betty Draper isn't my role model, but she looked GOOD when Don got home. Mama Shupe? *point* *giggle* Not so much.

Erika! *snort* I can't make it through even one of her posts *rolls eyes* without wanting to reach through the computer screen and smack her upside the head *grrr* with all those *chuckles* *grits teeth*. Just.fucking.stop. with all the *smiles* already! *puke*

Still wondering what happened to the parakeets...

I owned one as a kid. There is NO WAY Erika would last more than a day with even just one. They are noisy and messy creatures. She'd pull her hair out over the feathers alone.

I owned one as a kid. There is NO WAY Erika would last more than a day with even just one. They are noisy and messy creatures. She'd pull her hair out over the feathers alone.

Yeah, that was my suspicion. When she claimed she was thinking about getting a cat, I wanted to be like, REMEMBER THE BIRDS? Cats will shed. And scatter their food and litter. And barf on things. And they WILL NOT be scheduled. An equally bad choice for Erika, I would think. She needs to consider a pet rock, or maybe a betta if she's feeling really ambitious.

What's weird is that both of them don't come from fundie backgrounds. They show photos of her mom's house and her whole family is normal. Not sure how they became so super conservative.

Somewhat off-topic: every time I read about Erika *smile* *wink* Shupe, I get a song stuck in my head. It is one of the least fundie songs ever-- an ode to female desire. As outcomes go, I suppose that's not so bad.

4vaN01VLYSQ

Somewhat off-topic: every time I read about Erika *smile* *wink* Shupe, I get a song stuck in my head. It is one of the least fundie songs ever-- an ode to female desire. As outcomes go, I suppose that's not so bad.

4vaN01VLYSQ

Erika would have a heart attack over the video *chuckle*. I'm going to hear that song every time I hate-read her blog *smile*. Thanks!

That song is oddly appropriate, not least because she would have a fit over it. And yes, she does seem to be the woman everyone loves to hate. Heaven help her if she misses the neighborhood HOA party, because her neighbors will go to town.

For some reason, Erika reminds me of a fundie version of Kate Gosselin.

That woman has a severe case of OCD. Her kids' summer schedules break my heart. She goes on for ages talking about the schedule and the fact that they get unstructured time to "just play". And then you find out it is an hour here and an hour there amid all the chores and character building. Oh, and of course, they can play in the backyard, or run through the sprinkler out front. No roaming the neighbourhood for the older kids. No long bike rides, no neighbourhood adventures, no walking to the ice cream store, or local mom-n-pop for a popsicle.

My kids enjoy long stretches of unstructured play, long bike rides, catching frogs and snakes in our local pond, hours of reading on the back porch, and so on. Isn't that what summer is all about!

In my little corner of the world, the default for playtime is unstructured. I feel so bad for the kids whose lives are so scheduled that you have to say "unstructured" when they can just let loose. In my family, we have playtime for the girls, and sometimes organized activities, but that's loose, not rigid. And then chores. Playtime could be anything from them reading to playing with their princess toys (like right now) or kicking back with Cheez-it's watching an episode of Word Girl (TV isn't the thing of the devil, and if they want to watch while relaxing a bit, that's fine with me and no different than adults want to do).

Wait, scratch the princesses. One is now trying to peel a banana with her feet like she saw on one of those nature shows. Mama Shupe would have a heart attack.

That song is oddly appropriate, not least because she would have a fit over it. And yes, she does seem to be the woman everyone loves to hate. Heaven help her if she misses the neighborhood HOA party, because her neighbors will go to town.

For some reason, Erika reminds me of a fundie version of Kate Gosselin.

You nailed it. An even more uptight version of Kate Gosslin.

Two of my best childhood friends were identical twin girls. I can still tell them apart from old photos, even when they're not together. So Erika, those are YOUR very own kids *rolling eyes*, maybe you could ask your nannies aka older girls *wink wink* to help you to distinguish your kids...

I thought her scheduling reminded me very much of the Maxwells *surprise surprise...* and then I read that she first encountered the Managers of Their Homes book in the early 2000's and that book opened her eyes to the joys and pleasure of scheduling. So it is Stevie & Co we are to thank for Erika...*sigh*

I got wrapped up in her blog one day. It's all about the crotch with this woman. Her reasoning for wearing skirts is that a man's eye is drawn to the crotch if he sees a woman in pants. She mentions this several times in the comment section when talking about why she chose to wear only dresses. Crotch, crotch, crotch, crotch, crotch. I'm surprised these fundie men can get out of bed and function at all each day - the way their wives talk about them, they are in a constant state of arousal.

Here's one of her posts about modesty: (hope I did that right, breaking the link and all)

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2011/02/modest-dress-heart-of-issue-surrounding.html

And (not that I personally care if a woman has short hair or not ) if she is SO conservative and has to be skirts and dresses only because of the crotch factor causing men and boys to sin, why is her hair cut pixie style? Isn't that usually the fundie no no? I always heard of fundies needing to have long hair to look distinguished from the menfolk and show how feminine you are? What would the proverbs woman say?? :pink-shock:

And (not that I personally care if a woman has short hair or not ) if she is SO conservative and has to be skirts and dresses only because of the crotch factor causing men and boys to sin, why is her hair cut pixie style? Isn't that usually the fundie no no? I always heard of fundies needing to have long hair to look distinguished from the menfolk and show how feminine you are? What would the proverbs woman say?? :pink-shock:

Oh, she's answered that and invites us to look at it together *smile*:

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2011/11/short-hair-and-femininity-what-does.html

Oh, she's answered that and invites us to look at it together *smile*:

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2011/11/short-hair-and-femininity-what-does.html

Translation: I'm making up all my own rules and if you don't like it it's because I'm more Christiany[tm][/tm] that you and you're JEALOUS.

I checked out Erika's post on short hair and I found another post about hair that stood out to me. She wrote about an activity she and the children do to break up the monotony that is their lives. They have "crazy hair day" which sounds like fun but not TOO much fun - that would just be wrong.

"For our short-haired boys I either use my hair mouse to make their hair stand up strait (but we don't practice rebellious-looking mohawks even for play), or their sisters make lots of pony tails all over the top of their heads which also then stand up strait. I've tried to let the kids wear fun hats inside the house sometimes, but that has always been a huge distraction for their hands and a way to provoke each other to frustration; but crazy hair works great! *laugh!* Go figure!"

I checked out Erika's post on short hair and I found another post about hair that stood out to me. She wrote about an activity she and the children do to break up the monotony that is their lives. They have "crazy hair day" which sounds like fun but not TOO much fun - that would just be wrong.

"For our short-haired boys I either use my hair mouse to make their hair stand up strait (but we don't practice rebellious-looking mohawks even for play), or their sisters make lots of pony tails all over the top of their heads which also then stand up strait. I've tried to let the kids wear fun hats inside the house sometimes, but that has always been a huge distraction for their hands and a way to provoke each other to frustration; but crazy hair works great! *laugh!* Go figure!"

Oh wow, that is just...weird...and very Shupe! Thank you for sharing that gem. :lol:

Did anyone else read her schedule? And how she schedules opening the blinds in the morning and closing them again at night?

Maybe I'm just not a list maker, but that doesn't seem to be a chore that one would need to assign *chuckle*.

Im surprised that she doesn't schedule her poops as well. Although maybe she does, but just doesn't add the family's bathroom breaks to the schedule she posts on her blog.

Archived