IGNORED

Modesty fail

zcccrv

I think the "chicken cleaning" photo of the botkins and their future SIL is VERY Nike.... At least, it's in my, uh... Bank.

visionarydaughters.com/2011/04

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm feeling very mean spirited about the whole fundie business these days so I'm hoping this topic will help me out a bit. Please contribute if you see fit.

DSC07297.jpg

Camp2010-105.jpg

074.jpg

IMG_5992.jpg

And the honorary photo:

IMG_4069.jpg

So where did you get the pic of the people with the cannon because mompom claims they are not fundies (or at least open-minded fundies? don't know how that works) and that they have never been snarked on at Free Jinger. I'm just curious as to who they are and how you came upon them if they aren't snarkable fundies.

Not to repeat everything I wrote in the LOLmodesty thread- in short: the photo in question is from the Wissmann blog. They are fundie in my mind.

Perhaps if MomPop tells us which of the cannon shooters are under 18, a black bar can be put over their faces. I don't think that photo should be taken down though. In the second row of shooters, there are two boys who look under 18. If that is who she means, she needs to say so, instead of being coy about who they are.

The front row of shooters, who everyone is paying attention to, all look over 18.

Perhaps if MomPop tells us which of the cannon shooters are under 18

She did tell me, in a PM, which is why I took down my LOL -- wouldn't have worked without that person.

I don't want to speak for her (not sure why she doesn't want to just say "the person dressed in __________ is a minor" on the board), so I won't ID that person -- I leave that up to her.

Oh, the games we play.

So obviously the guy in the black shirt is a minor even if he doesn't look it (I actually thought he could be anything from 16 to 20 which was good enough for me). I personally don't think this is cruical because there are plenty other men around. And it's not like I'm getting off on them, I'm just snarking on them and their subculture. If it's up to me I won't take it down but it should probably be up to the board.

Oh, the games we play.

Not sure if you meant me, but I'm not playing games -- just figured it wasn't my place to repeat something that was said to me in private. As I said, I'm not sure why she didn't want to ID which person it was on the board.

My LOL depended on a sexual joke centered around a person I didn't realize was a minor, so it is gone. YMMV.

Not sure if you meant me, but I'm not playing games -- just figured it wasn't my place to repeat something that was said to me in private. As I said, I'm not sure why she didn't want to ID which person it was on the board.

My LOL depended on a sexual joke centered around a person I didn't realize was a minor, so it is gone. YMMV.

I think that she meant mompop, not you. I'm not certain why she is reluctant to say on the thread who she knows and which ones are minors.

I respect that you took it down but perhaps a bar over his face would have served the same purpose.

No, sorry I wasn't clear, I didn't mean you. I meant MomPom. Because I honestly don't understand if the photo as I posted it (without the caption) is a problem to anyone or not and who's to say what's to be done about it if it is a problem. It's a confusing situation for me. As far as your joke is concerned, I failed to understand it because English is not my first language so I can't comment on it.

Thanks, Thoughtful for taking the captioned photo down! ZCCCRV, the photo uncaptioned doesn't really bother me I guess. Especially since it's not going to be in the LOLModesty thread which will probably be long and bumped up a lot. (I'm looking forward to it actually!) Use your judgment. I don't think I can see it objectively since I know some participant children.

That wasn't a provocative statement even if it could have sounded like that. It was a factual statement. I thought about what I want and what I don't want to post. I saved a photo of young James (?) Duggar holding a spraying hose but decided against using it. I personally think it's funny (nothing very sexual about this whole joke for me) but I wouldn't want to risk someone else understanding it in a wrong (sexual) way. Then when you started objecting I reevaluated my stance and wrote: "If it's up to me I'm not taking this down...".

So yeah, I think enough effort was put in on my part for a topic that was supposed to be funny.

I thought it was cute! Can't we put a little fun in our passive aggression?

Also, isn't it a teeny bit ironic to tell someone to grow up in a penis cannon thread?

:lol:

The lizards, hearing that they had ended up in the infamous Sanders household of animal cruelty, decided there was no time to waste.

"Look Ma', they're fighting!"

tj200704261802-3.jpg

OT-

No Mompop, not really.

There is a difference between having fun and snarking on photos of are favorite fundies defrauding the world and getting snippy with someone that admits to not speaking English as a primary language. I am all for fun but there is a line between snark and unnecessary and you skipped right over it. Snark on the fundies; not on your fellow snarkers.

:whistle:

And just because you know them does not give you the right to get on your high horse when I see you snarking on every other pic. Since when did this become a pick and choose snarkfest?!

Rant over - I will continue with my sweet self.

@simplysweet

To be fair Mompom could've figured from my other posts that even though there are limits to my proficiency in English I can manage 99% of the time. I believe it was a rather difficult joke for a foreigner to understand.

Regardless, she was snippy but it didn't bother me for some reason. Or I decided to show some really passive (see quote "I don't see any passive here.") ways in which to stand my ground. One or the other, you be the judge. :mrgreen:

Back on track, captionless Cleve:

DSC_0280.jpg

There are so many caption possibilities my head starts spinning so better to leave it without.

Oh man. :laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl:

This is so stupid that I'm cracking up.

Sorry Cleve, I'm not targeting you intentionally but...

One man and his giant hairy (snow) ball..

DSC_0150.jpg

I thought about where to post these. Honestly, I think captionless gives me more creative freedom. And there is a special mean place in me that enjoys putting the photos here in their original state. Like it means it takes VERY little to see them in a different light.

Archived