IGNORED

Priscilla & David Waller - Pecan Thieves Pregnant Again!

happy atheist

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to wade thru YouTube to find the video again- but didn't he start the announcement video by saying they were going for a celebratory lunch for him?

Then Priscilla surprised him with the news. He probably didn't like having his special lunch turned into being about something else.

I don't want to wade thru YouTube to find the video again- but didn't he start the announcement video by saying they were going for a celebratory lunch for him?

Then Priscilla surprised him with the news. He probably didn't like having his special lunch turned into being about something else.

yes that's what he said,that they were celebrating something he'd accomplished for work.I'm guessing this was one of their free meals of the week from chick fil a as well.

David: darn cilla...why did you have to ruin a perfectly good meal and celebration w a pregnancy announcement?!

grrr...

lol.jk'ing.

[quote

I'm not sure she meant actually crying, as in tears. I thought she was saying crying out to God, as in praying.

[quote

I'm not sure she meant actually crying, as in tears. I thought she was saying crying out to God, as in praying.

I will rewatch it and put that perspective on it and see if it fits.

LOL.poor pris.the whole thing was so painful to watch.

if I didn't know better,I'd think she was high on something,or drugged with valium.

wheeewwwwwww and the big eyes looking around is what I got from it.woooahhhhhhhh..........like she just got off a roller coaster.

David pls stop making her do these things!

Honestly, I feel like David treats Priscilla like she is a small child, and he is her babysitter. He acts like he would rather be anywhere than "having to deal with her." It's blatantly clear he views her as an annoyance and a hassle, rather than as an adult that is his equal. So sad. Pris deserves WAY MORE than he is giving her.

Agree that he does treat her like a child.

This begs the question if David treated her more as an equal, as an adult, might this give her more confidence and maybe act a bit differently? I get the feeling that when she has to perform for these videos she's worried about staying on cue, pleasing David, she looks nervous and that's the reason behind some of her mannerisms? She's reverting to her own weird "keep sweet" voice and manner as a default mode because it's her comfort zone? Just a thought.

I'm still stuck on "what kind of an asshole gets pissy because his wife announces a pregnancy when they go to lunch to celebrate his work accomplishment?" Out here where everything is not "bible" this and "Lord" that, announcing a pregnancy trumps anyone's work accomplishments for a few minutes.

Nasty little testicle.

The tone of the blog post was telling, in my opinion. Most peoples' blog posts about expecting a new baby would be very positive but David spins it into a "let Pris admit her failures and shortcomings about being a mother" post which, in my opinion, is very rude. I do not know how either of them truly feel about the new baby but spinning a typically happy piece of news into a self-deprecating post for Priscilla is almost.... I don't know how to say it.... Cruel? Maybe that's too strong of a word. What I mean to say is, that type of reflective self criticism doesn't belong in a pregnancy announcement. Especially when the husband is the one authoring the post.

David is able to pull the wool over his humpers' eyes though. These shortcomings that FJer's are so quick to point it -- his impatience with Priscilla, his latent homosexuality tells, her 'slowness', her repeated failures as wife and mother -- aren't apparent to them. I don't know how much we can really know by watching the videos or reading the blogs about any or this. If he's frustrated with his life, being short tempered and childish on a video when Pris can't perform up to his standards may mean that he is abusive off camera or it may mean absolutely nothing. He may also have some stress in his life with another mouth to feed on the way and Gothard under investigation. Job security may be an issue.

I feel worried about David and Priscilla that I am not with Josh and Anna. Whatever J&A's faults are, they are happy with their family and their marriage (as far as anyone outside the family can tell). The same cannot be said for David and Priscilla. Priscilla seems to be well-meaning in her desire to be a "perfect" Christian wife and mother, but I think that she's way over her head. As others have mentioned, she seems intellectually delayed, and I wonder if she will be able to handle Paul and the other Pecan kids as they get older. It's one thing to take care of a baby or toddler, quite something else to care for a tween or teen, especially if you have half a dozen or more younger children who also need your attention and you already aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I don't see David stepping in the gap to help Priscilla. If anything, he will probably find reasons to be away from home so he doesn't have to deal with his wife or his quiver.

If Priscilla is as intellectually delayed as many of you have suggested again and again, don't you think someone out there in her family who cares about her will step in an help? I can't believe that her family would sit by and essentially watch her drown while he is off playing Gothard/ATI man and away from home if she shows she can't handle it. Also, I truly believe Davey loves Paul and will also love their future children. Do you think he truly would leave them in a situation that might put them at risk?

[Loooooong time lurker, first time poster.]

I always wonder what Priscilla discusses with her fellow helpmeets in the area, especially Kendalyn Staddon and her sister-in-law, Valerie Waller. Do they ever get together just as women with young children, or only when their respective husbands arrange something? I keep up with their blogs but they don't post much.

I also wonder if she and Valerie, both new-ish mothers, talked much or even bonded on the Waller family trip to the Holy Land a number of months back. There are certainly pictures of them together as part of the family group, but it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall when Pecan Thief is around his family to see how he treats Priscilla.

If Priscilla is as intellectually delayed as many of you have suggested again and again, don't you think someone out there in her family who cares about her will step in an help? I can't believe that her family would sit by and essentially watch her drown while he is off playing Gothard/ATI man and away from home if she shows she can't handle it. Also, I truly believe Davey loves Paul and will also love their future children. Do you think he truly would leave them in a situation that might put them at risk?

Unlike the Duggars, I think the Kellers really do believe in "leave and cleave," and they probably figure that Priscilla is responsible for whatever happens to her. I mean, if they aren't concerned about Esther, why would they be worried about Priscilla? Intelligence isn't valued in ATI families. If Priscilla is functionally literate, able to do enough math to balance a checkbook, cook, clean, and have babies, then she's "normal."

Man, I won't go as far as saying I feel sorry for David, because he's an ass, but I'm trying to imagine myself in his shoes--marrying someone who fits the bill for what I want in a spouse but who I don't know well, only to discover too late that we're incompatible and I'm married to a very slow person. I wouldn't handle that well. If divorce were not an option, I'd be miserable, and while I wouldn't be deliberately mean I can't imagine I'd be loving and affectionate no matter how much my spouse would like it. That kind of constant pretending would wear me down.

It's a lousy situation for everyone.

I feel this way as well. I really worry about Priscilla, especially because she seems to be such a sweet person who would be so bewildered by cruelty towards her and assume she was the one at fault. But part of me does feel sorry for David too. He is so unhappy and is not someone who can find a satisfying life within the fundie boundaries. I would be the same way. Also, I am not that patient of a person, and would not deal well having to be married to someone who is slow. It would really wear on me and become a big turn off and barrier for intimacy. I'm not trying to excuse his behaviour, but just reflect on how much the whole fundie courtship/marriage thing can really make people miserable.

Unlike the Duggars, I think the Kellers really do believe in "leave and cleave," and they probably figure that Priscilla is responsible for whatever happens to her. I mean, if they aren't concerned about Esther, why would they be worried about Priscilla? Intelligence isn't valued in ATI families. If Priscilla is functionally literate, able to do enough math to balance a checkbook, cook, clean, and have babies, then she's "normal."

Yes, in fact I think Priscilla's personality is considered overall to be a positive in ATI for women. She is very sweet, very innocent and childlike, doesn't question things, was probably very obedient to her parents and now husband, and there's no edge or sarcasm to her. She's also thin, blonde, and very pretty. She's damn near the ideal around those parts.

They have a pregnant daughter and 8 grandchildren living as vagabonds. They could be going to Zambia without vaccinations and preventative medicine. Hell, without a plan for securing prenatal care. No one in the family has stepped in to get Esther and the kids off that crazy train, and you think they can be trusted to step in if Priscilla gets overwhelmed?

They have a pregnant daughter and 8 grandchildren living as vagabonds. They could be going to Zambia without vaccinations and preventative medicine. Hell, without a plan for securing prenatal care. No one in the family has stepped in to get Esther and the kids off that crazy train, and you think they can be trusted to step in if Priscilla gets overwhelmed?

I think you're assuming the grandparents have a lot more power than they actually do. Certainly they could offer Esther help, either monetary or a place to stay or even help getting away from her husband, if that's what she wanted. But it has to be what she wants, they can't force it on her. For all we know they give the family grocery money and have offered to take them in for awhile, and been turned down. Also it would take quite a bit of income for them to take in and support them all long term. I don't know their financial situation, but it may be beyond their means.

If their daughter doesn't want help there really isn't anything they can do.

I optimistically picture Priscilla, Kendalyn, Valerie, and whoever else is in their circle getting together a few times a week to homeschool and otherwise share work. Maybe one could do some cleaning or cook and freeze a bunch of meals while another teaches the kids. Priscilla's video, awhile back, on leaves storing energy for Spring (among others) suggests to me that this kind of group approach might be helpful.

I also feel some sympathy for David. I'm guessing here, but he may be very frustrated by Priscilla - trying to keep his feelings in check while she increasingly blames herself and seeks his approval. It's one thing to believe that Jesus can work through you to love someone, when you're not feeling that love yourself, but it could turn out to be challenging in practice.

I think you're assuming the grandparents have a lot more power than they actually do. Certainly they could offer Esther help, either monetary or a place to stay or even help getting away from her husband, if that's what she wanted. But it has to be what she wants, they can't force it on her. For all we know they give the family grocery money and have offered to take them in for awhile, and been turned down. Also it would take quite a bit of income for them to take in and support them all long term. I don't know their financial situation, but it may be beyond their means.

If their daughter doesn't want help there really isn't anything they can do.

I agree if she does not want the help they have no way to force her, but I don't buy their income as a barrier. I have seen widows on fixed incomes offer adult children sanctuary to get on their feet. You don't have to support all of them, you get them to safety and then they work to support themselves, either with a string of part time jobs, public assistance, other family members chipping in with rides, childcare, etc. It is haphazard and fly by the seat of your pants, but I have seen it work. I just get this impression that the Keller parents are not too bright themselves, and fanatical enough to buy Shraeder's God talk. If Priscilla was overwhelmed, they would tell her to pray.

I feel sorry for them both. I think they need some counselling of the non fundie variety.

David seems like he was pushed into marriage and just chose Priscilla because she was a woman who was around at the time who seems nice enough...just like when I was about 8, all of the girls were starting to get an interest in boys, and kept asking me who my crush was. I wasn't interested in boys and was confused by all the talk of dating, so I just picked one random boy out of my class and said I had a crush on him. The only difference is that he ended up marrying her, but my act of pretending to like this guy faded naturally as my friends got bored and moved onto something else.

He also seems frustrated by her lack of intelligence, and finds it stressful.

Priscilla tries her best, but doesn't realise all of this. I think maybe she realises something is wrong, but doesn't know what, or how to make things right, but tries really hard to be a good wife and mother. She loves David and wants to be loved in return.

Ma and Pa Keller are the worst parents/grandparents in the world. They allowed Esther to marry that lazy ass who grifts and won't support their grandkids, Priscilla marry a guy who may or may not be gay and obviously doesn't love her, shun Daniel for treating his wife like an equal, and Suzi when she got a little wild.

I thought the most annoying part of the pregnancy announcement video was when they both started talking about how glad they were that their parents left the number of children up to God. It sounded so forced, like a sales pitch. Of course, EVERYTHING has to be a "ministry" for these people. They seem so fake. I do feel sorry for Priscilla. She sees other families that she perceives as "happy families," and she is jealous.

I thought the most annoying part of the pregnancy announcement video was when they both started talking about how glad they were that their parents left the number of children up to God. It sounded so forced, like a sales pitch. Of course, EVERYTHING has to be a "ministry" for these people. They seem so fake. I do feel sorry for Priscilla. She sees other families that she perceives as "happy families," and she is jealous.

I find it odd that THAT particular bit of fundie doctrine seems so engrained in these people. Like, I understand them keeping the same religion as their parents, but you'd think they might think twice about the no birth control thing, wouldn't you? I mean, there are fundies out there who do use birth control.

I was recalling watching a video of Kelly Bradrick in a hospital room soon after she gave birth, thanking Doug Esquire for being so wonderful. She spoke in a breathy, little girl voice and referred to him as Mr. Phillips. It was almost an infantile way of speaking. I heard that same breathy, little girl voice watching the videos of Priscilla. Perhaps in these circles that is considered the way godly, feminine women telegraph their submissiveness. They literally have no true, authentic voice.

Archived