IGNORED

Isaac Botkin engaged!

JemimaPuddle-Duck

Gah--I read Mountain Time as Pacific Time and missed everything except the last five minutes. So annoyed!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My stream was overcome by an ad so I missed the announcement of pizza. Seriously? Pizza? Wow. This was a low-budget. I'm all for saving $$, too, but really, pizza?

Did anyone else think it was weird she didn't wear a veil?

Curious, could you make one up and put it on the site for us to print out and play? :lol:

Gotta have 'covenant' and 'transfer of authority', too! :lol:

Gotta have 'covenant' and 'transfer of authority', too! :lol:

Wide stance. :lol:

Did anyone else think it was weird she didn't wear a veil?

No, lots of brides skip the veils these days.

I have always gotten a vibe that the Botkinettes were deliberately avoiding getting married.

Wide stance. :lol:

Modest wedding dress can be the free space.

Could someone explain why these weddings frequently have no Christian symbolism in them? There's nary a cross to be seen. Are Dominionists anti-cross? Are crosses considered an idol?

My personal guess is that they feel they're beyond mere Mr. Christ - they've evolved progressed to an understanding and maturity that makes all that Jesus stuff just fluff.

Also, some of them think they're being clever in attracting people who might "be put off" by the cross symbol.

Also, some of them really prefer a flag of the state of Israel because y'know, they're gonna help God along in God's plan of starting the end of the world there, or something like that. I can't pay attention to it, too fatuous.

Also, looking at a cross makes you look less at Teh Menz. :pull-hair:

Damn. I missed it.

It was pretty cliche. Submit to your headship, the men gather in a jerk I mean *prayer* circle and rub dicks for 5 minutes, talk of family size to god, etc. You didn't miss anything you probably haven't seen before.

I found the Ben and Adalia wedding much more interesting, but probably because it skipped all the fundie cliches and actually made it about the bride and groom. Plus there was dancing, a fundie rarity.

I'm not home and the live streaming wasn't working on my phone, but I appreciate you ladies live blogging. :D

IN the matter of the Botkin boys at the girls' room door whilst their sisters were behind it -- wasn't it explained, by KISA, admittedly, that the boys had been sent to hurry their sisters along, and the sisters weren't having it, and nobody was kept out of the bathroom, at least on purpose?

I have to say that if David were googly-eyeing somewhere, I would make a big circle around him. Big Daddy JB taught me to pay attention "if a guy's eyes don't 'look' right" and in the wedding footage, David's surely didn't. Possibly ladies with the need to "go" saw him and thought, "Right, think I can make it to the loo a little farther down the hallway!"

It was pretty cliche. Submit to your headship, the men gather in a jerk I mean *prayer* circle and rub dicks for 5 minutes, talk of family size to god, etc. You didn't miss anything you probably haven't seen before.

I found the Ben and Adalia wedding much more interesting, but probably because it skipped all the fundie cliches and actually made it about the bride and groom. Plus there was dancing, a fundie rarity.

Add prayer circle, submission, and talk of leaving family size up to God! And terrible, off key singing. :?

The night has passed and there are now two fewer virgins in the world. Any bets on when they will get their own personal blessing?

And will we see pictures or are they saving them for some self promotion (and money making) gig?

Carpenters1.jpg?0

We've only just begun to breed

White lace and covenants

A kiss for luh-- um, providence-- and we're on our way

(We've just begun)

Don't mind the Risin' Son, just buyyyy...

Only one road to choose

We start out talking, you learn a ton

(And yes, We've just begun-un-un)

Sharing dominions that are new to us

There's fruitful vines along the way

Talking it over just the two of us

Not really, Geoff's there every dayyyy...

Together... TOGETHER!

And when the evening comes we cryyyy

So much of "wife" ahead

We'll find a place where she'll never grow

And yes, we've just begun...

The night has passed and there are now two fewer virgins in the world. Any bets on when they will get their own personal blessing?

And will we see pictures or are they saving them for some self promotion (and money making) gig?

This got an Air Supply song stuck in my head.

Missed the live steam event. How did A-S and E look?

They were sort of hidden behind their parents in the big lineup on the stage so it was hard to see them. They were just wearing normal day-length dresses, nothing special or "look at meeeee!" about either of them. No closeups on either of them. It clearly wasn't their day for center ring.

Ok, I totally missed this blessed event (would have liked to see the B sisters) but did NOT want these people to use Finlandia, probably one of the most iconic piece of music ever written about this lil' country of mine, in this sickening submitting and transfer of authority ceremony... Wonder how their lyrics went...

They were sort of hidden behind their parents in the big lineup on the stage so it was hard to see them. They were just wearing normal day-length dresses, nothing special or "look at meeeee!" about either of them. No closeups on either of them. It clearly wasn't their day for center ring.

...will it ever be their day for centre ring... ;)

Thanks for the report. I was curious if they would seem utterly depressed that another brother gets married off while they return home with their parents to shave their father and put on his house shoes.

I found out via FB that I know at least a couple folks who were actually at the wedding. Am dying to ask about it because for some reason the Botkins have always intrigued me.

Sitting here thanking God I didn't have a mouthful of Coke when I read that!

Archived