IGNORED

Isaac Botkin engaged!

JemimaPuddle-Duck

To Heidi Roach. It's on his public Facebook page. I have never seen pictures of that guy looking so happy before. I've never heard of the girl, though, is she well known?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never heard of the woman or any "Roach family" before.

Keeping a close eye on who responds and who doesn't. So far: Perry C., Melanie Thomas, Emily Serven...

Impending Botkin nuptials always make my day!

Now, if only Nattie Darnell could convince one of the girls to be his help-meat, that would be so exciting...

.familyeconomics.com/143-2/meet-the-families/ There is a Roach family here from the Denver area, along with some other favorite families (Maxwells...Seppis.)

The father of the This Roach family is a founder of

generationswithvision.com/ and is involved with this conference familyeconomics.com/denver-conference/ that talks about creating a "family economy "

If I'm on the right track, her father , Bill, is an elder at Kevin Swanson's church at the reformationchurch.com/contact.htm

Not 100 percent sure this is the right roach family.

Big homeschoolers and fundies.

How much of an age difference is there between Isaac and his sisters? I imagine there is all manner of wailing and gnashing of teeth in private with AS and E.

How much of an age difference is there between Isaac and his sisters? I imagine there is all manner of wailing and gnashing of teeth in private with AS and E.

Not to mention those rapidly aging ova!

Well, I'm gobsmacked! Never thought I'd see it happen. I wonder if they'll have another Botkin-trademarked, lecture-style wedding like David and Nadia's. Still no courtships on the horizon for A-S or E...

Salex, you've found the right family. Heidi's FB page links to lots of other Roach family members; brother Chad got married recently.

Well, I'm gobsmacked! Never thought I'd see it happen. I wonder if they'll have another Botkin-trademarked, lecture-style wedding like David and Nadia's. Still no courtships on the horizon for A-S or E...

Salex, you've found the right family. Heidi's FB page links to lots of other Roach family members; brother Chad got married recently.

That's a shame...he's a stud if his picture on Cornerstone Bullion is any indicator. Might have made a perfectly suitable headship for A-S or E.

Well, if they don't, they'll be making it all about them instead of about Christ. :roll:

I'm already starting to feel sorry for their wedding guests, even though I probably hate all their wedding guests.

Never heard of the woman or any "Roach family" before.

Keeping a close eye on who responds and who doesn't. So far: Perry C., Melanie Thomas, Emily Serven...

The Seppi family of course, they love weddings.

Ugh. I can't imagine ever willingly marrying into this sanctimonious family.

I'm already starting to feel sorry for their wedding guests, even though I probably hate all their wedding guests.

I doubt it.

Wow. A-S and E well on their way to becoming bitter old spinsters.....

You know, it's looking awfully suspicious with all their sons marrying, and none of the daughters. They have to be smart enough to at least recognize that.

I think there is some sort of hidden plan to establish a fundie "nunnery" for all the old fundie spinsters -- the Botkin girls and Sarah Maxwell will be the founding sisters.

Does anyone know how old Isaac is? I'm guessing he's the younger brother of Botkin sisters? That's so sad that the girls are watching all their brothers get married, when they've been trained all their lives to aspire to matrimony themselves. At this point, people must be talking about the lack of marriage for some of these fundie girls, right? After all, marriage in the quiverfull movement is paramount for the women, far more than the men. Those ovaries won't stay fresh forever!

I'm going to guess that the Botkin girls feel like they are royalty, and deserve a Fundie Prince. High expectations can be detrimental to finding a spouse, in their world and in the rest of the world. I also remember the family said daddy Botkin has a list of questions he expects prospective courting men to answer before he will agree to a courtship. Even fundie men can smell high maintenance there. Then there's the competing theory that the Botkin girls enjoy their (limited) autonomy. Once they get married, children will take over their lives. Plus, their husbands may not be as indulgent about letting them do their own projects as their father. So there may be a fear of change and of leaving the family (however subconscious it may be).

Still, on one level, I bet the Botkin girls feel disappointment and frustrated that they are left waiting, once again, as another brother gets married.

Does anyone know how old Isaac is? I'm guessing he's the younger brother of Botkin sisters? That's so sad that the girls are watching all their brothers get married, when they've been trained all their lives to aspire to matrimony themselves. At this point, people must be talking about the lack of marriage for some of these fundie girls, right? After all, marriage in the quiverfull movement is paramount for the women, far more than the men. Those ovaries won't stay fresh forever!

I'm going to guess that the Botkin girls feel like they are royalty, and deserve a Fundie Prince. High expectations can be detrimental to finding a spouse, in their world and in the rest of the world. I also remember the family said daddy Botkin has a list of questions he expects prospective courting men to answer before he will agree to a courtship. Even fundie men can smell high maintenance there. Then there's the competing theory that the Botkin girls enjoy their (limited) autonomy. Once they get married, children will take over their lives. Plus, their husbands may not be as indulgent about letting them do their own projects as their father. So there may be a fear of change and of leaving the family (however subconscious it may be).

Still, on one level, I bet the Botkin girls feel disappointment and frustrated that they are left waiting, once again, as another brother gets married.

Isaac is the oldest. He turns 33 this year. Their order is Isaac, David, AS, E, Ben, Lucas, and Noah. They are all two years apart, except I think about three years after Ben and after Luke.

I wonder if Heidi was subjected to Geoff's "marriage investigation process," complete with multi-page questionnaire?

Isaac's always been one of the more mysterious Botkins. Does he have a job? A home of his own? I'm betting he is very happy with this new development in his life, and looking forward to breaking away from the stranglehold of family. Perhaps he'll even move to Colorado, where Heidi's from! Go Isaac!!

I wonder if Heidi was subjected to Geoff's "marriage investigation process," complete with multi-page questionnaire?

Isaac's always been one of the more mysterious Botkins. Does he have a job? A home of his own? I'm betting he is very happy with this new development in his life, and looking forward to breaking away from the stranglehold of family. Perhaps he'll even move to Colorado, where Heidi's from! Go Isaac!!

I don't think Geoff will let him, doesn't he think that he gets to decide the future of his sons in his role as 200-year-plan Patriarch. Having said that I hope that Isaac and his intended get the hell out, but that's my hope for everyone brought up in fundamentalism.

Archived