IGNORED

Can't stop, addicted to the Shindig- NC '14

16strong

nogreaterjoy.org/2014/02/14/shindig-2014/

I happened to be perusing the Pearls' website today and saw that they were having a Shindig in the Great Smoky Mountains September 10-14. Just $99.00 per family. An extra day has been added DUE TO POPULARITY!!!11! Anybody want to snag a couple of under-20's and be my lesbian wife? :lol:

Kidding aside, 4 days of bullshit preaching, child abuse, and hotel fare makes this so not worth it. :hand:

Who the hell supports these assholes? (aside from the Rodriques family?)

I'm bringing my birth control pills. :)

I mean,a vacation as such just isn't as fun while your having your cycle. :D

Awesome! I'll bring condoms...for backwards proselytizing. :D

It would be fun to have pretend gay/lesbian sex in the restrooms, propose to (fake or real) same-sex partners a second time, blast satanic music (or better yet, Christian metal, and when someone comes over to say something, whine "but it's scriptural!") and pop bc pills in front of all the fundies. The havoc us FJers could wreck. :mrgreen:

It sounds like something out of a horror movie-you get invited to that and the crazy knife throwing mountain man announces that youd better run because he plans on hunting you and then eating you.

Michael Pearl seems like the kind of person people go out of their way to avoid, instead of pay to see.

It sounds like something out of a horror movie-you get invited to that and the crazy knife throwing mountain man announces that youd better run because he plans on hunting you and then eating you.

Michael Pearl seems like the kind of person people go out of their way to avoid, instead of pay to see.

Deliverance II?

It'd be fun to wear a burqa and act all judgey!

I actually have access to a burqa (my brother brought it home from Afghanistan). I'd be happy to donate it to the cause, because I'd love to see someone go after all the women for showing their ankles, wrists and necks. :twisted:

This! The Pearls already live too close for comfort for me. He strikes me as sadistic and evil.

Choose not a life of imitation!

:music-rockon:

Fundies should listen to rock music. So much better than anything the child-abusing Pearls have ever said.

nogreaterjoy.org/2014/02/14/shindig-2014/

I happened to be perusing the Pearls' website today and saw that they were having a Shindig in the Great Smoky Mountains September 10-14. Just $99.00 per family. An extra day has been added DUE TO POPULARITY!!!11! Anybody want to snag a couple of under-20's and be my lesbian wife? :lol:

Kidding aside, 4 days of bullshit preaching, child abuse, and hotel fare makes this so not worth it. :hand:

Who the hell supports these assholes? (aside from the Rodriques family?)

I have 2 younger cousins who would love to snark at the stupid with us! Plus I only live like an hour away. lol I wonder if I could register as a single parent!! :o

The attendance may have to do with the fact that the Pearls have also marketed these shindigs as events where fundy adolescents can meet up with other sheltered like-minded fundy adolescents (of the opposite sex, of course!).

From this year's promo (nogreaterjoy.org/shindig/?utm_source=ngj.me&utm_campaign=NGJ+Shindig+2013):

Remind us to have all our Shindig couples stand up and be counted this coming year. We expect there will be about 100, which means a pile of new young’uns coming on. Makes our ol’ hearts smile.

EmiGirl, If that's the case, I might totally go. Only thing is, I'm going to a 4-day sci-fi convention the previous week, and while I'm in the process of looking for work at the moment, I'll certainly have something by then. Not sure how 2 extended weekends would work out with a new job. Bum. mer. Free lodgings and extra snark is a crazy awesome incentive, though. I really do want to go on a FJ outing sometime. Oh, if only the Maxwells would come my way. *pout*

Anyone who is going is braver than I am.

Michael Pearl is scary.

I would rather lick the bathroom floor at the train station, climb into the lion enclosure at the zoo wearing underwear made from raw meat and walk blindfolded down a busy road than meet Michael Pearl.

EmiGirl, If that's the case, I might totally go. Only thing is, I'm going to a 4-day sci-fi convention the previous week, and while I'm in the process of looking for work at the moment, I'll certainly have something by then. Not sure how 2 extended weekends would work out with a new job. Bum. mer. Free lodgings and extra snark is a crazy awesome incentive, though. I really do want to go on a FJ outing sometime. Oh, if only the Maxwells would come my way. *pout*

Just looked some more and it's farther away than I though. I'm disappointed though that Ridgecrest would let them use their facilities. Surely they know what the Pearls stand for.

Oh lord...this is literally 10 minutes away from me......

Oh, well now you're obligated to go. :lol: Be sure to bring us back some photos, videos, and other assorted fundie delights. :mrgreen:

Pack holy water or a silver bullet just in case he gets too close.

It wont be during a full moon, will it?

These people scare me to the point where I'm pretty sure I would get abducted. I had a friend who used to go undercover to white nationalist meetups for work and I was always pretty convinced they wouldn't make it home. I feel similarly about the Pearls.

I live fairly close, too! FIELD TRIP!!! I'll drive the bus! Who's down to bring the keg?

Anyone who is going is braver than I am.

Michael Pearl is scary.

I would rather lick the bathroom floor at the train station, climb into the lion enclosure at the zoo wearing underwear made from raw meat and walk blindfolded down a busy road than meet Michael Pearl.

I "liked" your post.

Seriously though, right?? Like with my old physics teacher, you know he technically can't hurt you in front of others, but somehow that doesn't help.

I always worry that, in this case, "shindig" means that someone will actually make dents on one's lower legs.

If I go, I volunteer to bring the booze. I will hide it in soda bottles, and, even though I'm 25, put me in pigtails and I look 12. If someone needs a kid" I'd happily volunteer if I lived close enough and if you promise not to spank me... Or otherwise hit me no matter what debi says.

Please no blankies,and be sure to secretly swipe any you may come upon.Don't want any hands or bottoms popped for any of that blanket training.

Archived