IGNORED

BJU doesn't want the truth out

CelticGoddess

Surprise, surprise, Bob Jones U wants to hide the truth about allegations of sexual assaults at their university.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/gr ... index.html

More blame the victim, because she dress wrong! Not surprised. Back in the 90's I worked at the BP across the street from BJU. Students would come over and buy beer and cigarettes and then go hide out behind Lake Forest Shopping center , IBM or Woodlawn Memorial Park. BJU of course, would deny their student did such a thing. (I saw their ID's when I carded them for the beer!) A lot of the students who go there don't believe half the tripe that is spewed by Bob Jr or Stephen Jones.

Of course, the university is denying that any crimes have been committed on their campus. Just like students never bought beer across the street or got drunk in the graveyard. The university is also denying they have stopped the investigation. They'll deny everything.

Thanks for posting a link to the WYFF story, Celtic Goddess.

I'm not surprised that BJU students would hit the BP for cigarettes and beer not am I surprised that there have been sexual assaults in campus.

I knew a young mom about 20 years ago who had been a student at Bob Jones along with her husband. I think they got expelled when she got pregnant before they were married. I haven't seen her in years. I wonder how they're doing.

Can the mods merge PurpleSheepleEater's thread into this one? She has a great link to a Christianity Today story about this.

I knew a young mom about 20 years ago who had been a student at Bob Jones along with her husband. I think they got expelled when she got pregnant before they were married. I haven't seen her in years. I wonder how they're doing.

That's horrible! About getting expelled not the haven't seeing the person for years.

My 2 nieces have been told that if they are assaulted on a college campus to go straight to the local authorities. Screw campus security.

That's horrible! About getting expelled not the haven't seeing the person for years.

Unfortunately, up until the 90's you could get expelled if you dated someone who wasn't the same ethnic origin. They had banned inter-racial dating. Sexual immorality (or what they say is immoral) would definately be cause for expulsion.

Archived